Beef and Veal recipes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Beef and Veal recipes

Ok I went to add Daisies curry recipe and noticed there was no index so I have gone through the recipe forum and added links to all beef recipes as an index in the first post of this thread. Please let me know if I missed any :)

PS I would prefer all new recipes to be posted in their own thread and then the link placed in the appropriate main thread which I can then edit into the index.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Re: Beef and Veal recipes

Baked Eggplant Bolognese

1st Cut eggplant into thin slices.

2 medium eggplants (600g)

Large baking dish cut the eggplant long ways – 2mm.
      Smaller baking dish cut from bottom gives you a circle shape – 2mm.

2nd Grill the eggplant with oil and place on paper towel.

Grill on oiled grill or in oiled baking dish on top of the hot plate.

3rd Preheat oven moderate: Celsius 180 – 190 or Fahrenheit 350 - 375

4th Make Bolognese sauce.

2 teaspoons olive oil
      1 Large onion (200g) chopped coarsely
      2 Cloves garlic crushed

Heat in medium frying pan oil with onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens.

(250g) Beef Mince

Add Mince to pan, stir until beef changes colour and is cooked.

1 or 2 Large tomatoes (90g) chopped (I like to use fresh tomatoes).
      1 tablespoon of tomatoe paste (you can omit this if you like add a table spoon of cream cheese.)

Add chopped tomatoe and tomatoe paste to pan, cook 3 min

½ cup (125ml) dry red wine

Stir in wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 25min or until sauce thickens.
      Remove from heat.

2 tablespoons basil coarsely chopped
      1 tablespoon oregano coarsely chopped

Stir in herbs

5th White sauce

150g Cream cheese (Philadelphia) Soften cream cheese (you can do this in the microwave) stir letting it soften and cool a little before adding egg white.
      1 egg white Combine together with cream cheese.

6th Layering the bake

One cup of the sauce over base of 2-litre (8 cup) ovenproof dish. Layer of eggplant then white sauce,
      then another cup of sauce, remaining eggplant and remaining white sauce.

½ cup (50g) grated mozzarella cheese Combine cheeses
      1/3 cup (25g) grated parmesan cheese

Sprinkle combined cheeses.

7th Bake
      Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 20 minutes or until top browns lightly. Stand 10 minutes.

Serves 4, Per serving approx 9g carbohydrate (used Allan Borushek’s carb counter).
      Please enjoy.