Low Carb Pancakes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Pancakes

(not sure where to put this yet, posted by kimloiuse or sammiejam I think

Low Carb Pancakes

Originally posted by Kim-Louise

This is my fav. pancake recipe (well the only one that worked really, and much nicer than those you can make with Atkins mix)

In a blender, combine
      4 eggs
      1 cup cottage cheese
      1/3 cup almond meal (Almond flour)
      2 tablespoons splenda (or 4 sachets)
      1 dash vanilla extract
      1 pinch salt
      1 pinch nutmeg
      1 pinch cinnamon

They are soft and a little fragile when they are warm but they chill and firm up nicely. Makes about 12-13 medium sized pancakes.

You could even leave out the cinn. and nutmeg, reduce the splenda and use them as a sandwich roll (like flat bread).

Per serving: 56 Calories; 3g Total Fat; 6g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate;

I have another version I wrote beneath:

21/2 tbs wheat gluten
      2tbs whipping cream
      1tbs water
      1tbs olive oil
      1/2tsp baking powder
      2 eggs
      1tsp splenda
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: found original quote in another thread for the first recipe ().

• Ozgal's New and Improved Easy Peasy Pancakes - only 4.34g carb!

Originally posted by ozgal

Easy Peasy Pancakes

(serves 1 person, makes 3 good sized pancakes)

I have tweaked the recipe and omitted the cinnamon (surprised at carb count for cinnamon) and Splenda granulated (use Splenda tablets - much less in carbs).

These pancakes are light and fluffy - served my sister-in-law these last Sunday topped with strawberries and maple syrup (she is not low carbing) and she felt so spoilt.

Philadelphia cream cheese 60g
      Egg, 2 medium egg (55-64g)
      Splenda (tablet) 6 tablet
      vanilla extract, 1 tsp
      baking powder, 1 tsp

1.Put cream cheese in small mixing bowl and microwave on high for 30 secs.
      2.Crush Splenda tabs and mix into cream cheese together with Vanilla extract with whisk.
      3.Lightly beat eggs and add a little at a time to cream cheese mix. Will curdle at first but whisky continuously until smooth.
      4.Coat heavy based frypan with cooking spray and pour 1/3 of mixture into pan. Cook gently until first side is cooked, flip and cook other side.
      5.Set aside on heated plate.
      Options: Serve with strawberries and ricotta cheese, or sprinkle pancakes with cinnamon. (Don't forget to add carbs for extras)

Nutrients for the whole recipe

Energy (kJ) 1518.62
      Energy (Cals) 362.78
      Protein (g) 17.90
      Total Fat (g) 29.96
      Carbohydrate (g) 4.34
      Dietary Fibre (g) 0.05

Easy Peasy Pancakes
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• Psylluim pancakes

Originally posted by ladybird
      If you are constipated try these for breakfast .

Psylluim pancakes

2 eggs , 2 level tablespoons Psylluim husks , 1/2 tsp baking powder , 1/2 tsp splender , 2 tablespoons cream .

Mix all together in bowl and stand for a few mins ., Then cook as pancakes or a few small ones .

4 carbs in total . Make sure you drink plenty of water .

Lady bird

Psyllium Pancakes

• Heres a couple here you could try to, just substitute honey with sweetener of choice:

YASMIN'S PANCAKES

Ingredients

1 cup almond flour

1 egg

2 tablespoons honey

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

2 tablespoons yoghurt

butter for frying
      Instructions

1. Mix ingredients.

2. You can add a little more flour if it is too runny .

3. Fry in non-stick frying pan with a little butter.
      Notes

I made these pancakes last weekend and they turned out yummy. My family just loved them too.
      -Yasmin

scdrecipe.com/recipes/r_031_00402.php

DIVA'S PANCAKES

Ingredients

1 egg

2-3 ounces DCCC (dry curd cottage cheese)

pinch baking soda

1/4-1/2 teaspoon honey

1/4 cup almond flour
      Instructions

1. Combine a beaten egg with some DCCC and almond flour.

2. Add a pinch of baking soda and a small amount of honey.

3. Blend with a hand blender-optional as I left mine a little lumpy)

4. Cook in oiled skillet watching carefully as almond flour burns quickly.

5. Turn over, turn off heat.

6. Top with a little honey and orange juice.
      Notes

My Bubbe (granny) had a Yiddish expression which translates into vulgar English "Shidd a rein in pot" which means "don't measure, throw it in the pot". That's how I said farewell to Aunt Jemima and made my own lovely SCD breakfast pancake.
      -Diva

scdrecipe.com/recipes/r_031_00283.php

MIDASGOLD PANCAKES/WAFFLES

Ingredients

1 cup almond flour

4 eggs

2 tablespoons honey

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon baking soda
      Instructions

1. Mix together and cook according to waffle iron instructions, or cook as pancakes.
      Notes

I like to alternate [between pancakes and waffles] for variety. These are better than any pancake I ever tasted before. Enjoy!

scdrecipe.com/recipes/r_031_00183.php

the dry curd cottage cheese (DCCC) is really something people with celiacs etc need to use, we on the other hand could just use cream cheese etc

• Katies Pancakes

Okay all the girls are raving about these in their diaries so give them a go, look similar to Ladybird pysllium pancakes:

KatieP wrote:

I use psyllium husks as a sort of "flour" in my pancakes in the morning.
      I have two eggs, a bit of sweetner, some cinnamon, a tablespoon of cottage/cream cheese and enough psyllium to make a runny batter. Cook it in the pan and it has the texture and taste of pancakes. The psyllium sucks up the moisture and sort of swells into the right texture. YUM. This is my breakfast everyday --they taste nice and keep you regular!!

• Re: Pancakes

Yep, been having these pancakes for a week now and noooo constipation! Most important thing is to keep up the fluids, otherwise the increase in fibre without fluids can cause constipation. I also bought a cheap pancake maker, makes life very easy. They are really filling, and you feel quite naughty eating 'pancakes'. Looking forward to experimenting with them. Had them tonight making a mini pizza adding pesto, capsicum, shallots, chorizo sausage, and some cheese and popped under the griller as Katie suggested. Great, as I used to love pita bread pizza. Feel as full as a goog.

Essie

I made one big pancake yesterday using Katie's recipe ,instead of the cottage cheese I used riccotta because that's all I had,but no sweetener..I left it to get cold and used it for a wrap, spread it with mayo added chicken and lettuce,wrapped it up and yummo!!!
      You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
      You grow old because you stop laughing.

I made one big pancake yesterday using Katie's recipe ,instead of the cottage cheese I used riccotta because that's all I had,but no sweetener..I left it to get cold and used it for a wrap, spread it with mayo added chicken and lettuce,wrapped it up and yummo!!!

That sounds excellent Moonie, I had some husks but mixed it with other stuff in a big container for bread mix. Wonder if that mix would be ok :confused:

Might try it tomorrow.
      Start date AGAIN August 24 2010

Cheers
      Cazza xx
    • Re: Low Carb Pancakes

I tried the Psylluim pancakes.. Personally I thought they sounded absolutely disgusting, but boy was I surpised!.. Really, really nice..

My only question is, does anyone have suggestions as to what to put on them?. Maple syrup is a no-no.. I tried them with a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon and splenda which was awesome...
    • Re: Low Carb Pancakes

Yeah I used to have cream and diet jam. Lemon juice and splenda would be nice too I think. You can buy sugar free maple syrup but I am not sure on the sweetener they use, its also runnier the real maple syrup.