Low Carb Pancakes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Low Carb Pancakes

I found a quote in the low carb breads thread to the original low carb pancake recipe that I posted in the first post. This is the recipe I used to use to make my pancakes, it is fragile but really good. This recipe can be used as flat bread as well apparently:

Originally posted by Kim-Louise

This is my fav. pancake recipe (well the only one that worked really, and much nicer than those you can make with Atkins mix)

In a blender, combine
      4 eggs
      1 cup cottage cheese
      1/3 cup almond meal (Almond flour)
      2 tablespoons splenda (or 4 sachets)
      1 dash vanilla extract
      1 pinch salt
      1 pinch nutmeg
      1 pinch cinnamon

They are soft and a little fragile when they are warm but they chill and firm up nicely. Makes about 12-13 medium sized pancakes.

You could even leave out the cinn. and nutmeg, reduce the splenda and use them as a sandwich roll (like flat bread).

Per serving: 56 Calories; 3g Total Fat; 6g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate;
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

I found this recipe when I was flipping through the TNT Diet book the other night except I halved it as the original recipe had 6 eggs and 170ml of cream. I tried it and Maya loves them which is a bonus considering she won't usually eat eggs!

Cream Cakes

3 Eggs
      85ml pure cream
      Olive oil/butter for frying

Add desired amount to pan and pan fry then flip over and fry other side. Cooks really quickly.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Yes Lissy I use 2 tablespoons but you could try it with less I spose. I add water to mine to make it a bit runnier as well. I don't do coffee (very rarely) however I sometimes have jelly with cream (pancakes and jelly with cream yesterday and still in K) and its been ok for me so far! Plus I have cream in my vege quiche ... good luck xxx
      Start date AGAIN August 24 2010

Cheers
      Cazza xx

I made savoury pancakes today and used two small one to make a sandwich. It was delicious.

2 Tablespoons psyllium husks
      2 Tablespoons cream
      1/4 teaspoon baking power
      2 eggs

Italian herbs
      parmesan cheese
      salt & pepper
      chopped green stuffed olives

Mix all together and stand for a few minutes.

I add water to make mixture runnier. Cooked one in a small frypan added more water to mixture and continued. Got 4 small round ones and a smaller test one out of mixture :p

Took a sandwich made out of 2 pancakes to work wrapped in gladwrap. Held together really well. A definite keeper this one!

Cheers
      Cazza xx

ahhh you found them Wen :)

how many carbs caz?

I wouldn't have the foggiest idea :confused:

Didn't really worry about the carb content cos only had 2 pancakes for a sandwich out of the recipe where I normally eat the whole lot of the batch for brekky :p

Cheers
      Cazza xx

Ok yup i found em, super sleuth that I am lol

I will work out the carb count later, i got to fly (on my scooter) now, sounds like a good idea for lunches, so I can have a sandwhich.

Might get a teeny weeny frypan whilst out.

**Note to self get a bigger box for my scooter to carry more things in!

***Extra note to self get kitten a teething ring cause he is chewing electrical wires and I might come home to a fried cat!, or worse my computer might blow up!
      My Blog
      First Mini Goal of 1.6 achieved - 30-7-2013

MINI GOAL

BIGGER GOAL

BIGGEST GOAL TO COME

Ok

pancakes without cheese and olives......385 cal........3 carb

Parmesan Cheese.......44 cal per 10g.......0.1 carb
      you would probably have at least 20 grams so

473 % 2 = 236.5 calories.......1.6 carbs for the sandwich

That is for halpf the mix if you divide it into 4, so 2 pancakes for the sandwhich.

add extra for olives, they seem to vary a bit in carbs

And add whatever you use to cook the pancakes in
      My Blog
      First Mini Goal of 1.6 achieved - 30-7-2013

MINI GOAL

BIGGER GOAL

BIGGEST GOAL TO COME

These look yummy:

EASY OVEN PANCAKES

2 ounces cream cheese, softened
      3 eggs
      2 teaspoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
      Cooking spray
      Muffin top pan *

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the eggs and Splenda; beat until there are no bits of white cream cheese left. Spray the muffin top pan well with cooking spray. Divide the batter between the 6 muffin cups. Bake at 300º for 20 minutes. Flip them over and bake another 2-5 minutes to brown the tops.

Makes 6 pancakes
      Can be frozen with wax paper between them

* You must use a muffin top pan for these. Click here for information about them.

With granular Splenda:
      Per Pancake: 71 Calories; 6g Fat; 4g Protein; .75g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; .75g Net Carb
      Per 2 Pancakes: 142 Calories; 12g Fat; 8g Protein; 1.5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs
      Per 6 Pancakes: 425 Calories; 35g Fat; 23g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Easy Oven pancakes

See the link above for a photo, also I was thinking egg rings might work if not able to purchase a muffin top pan?

Body Builders Protein Pancakes

Here is my latest concoction which is my favourite meal at the moment. I could easily eat them all day!

Makes 2 pancakes

3 egg whites
      60g low fat ricotta
      20g no flavour protein powder
      sweetener (optional)
      water (enough to make it runny)
      cinnamon

Mix eggs, then ricotta, then protein powder, then enough water to make the batter runny. Dash of cinnamon at the end.

Cook in the pancake maker (if you have one)

Now comes the best part - put 20g of peanut butter between the two pancakes, a teaspoon of butter on top and drizzle with sugar free maple syrup.

Total pancakes only (without butter/peanut butter)
      211 calories 5.6g fat 35.7g protein 3.7g carbs

Total with trimmings
      344 calories 17.3g fat 39.2g protein 10.3g carbs

You can use whole eggs (maybe only 2?) and full fat ricotta but I like saving my fat for the good stuff (peanut butter and butter). I prefer smooth ricotta to lumpy cottage cheese.

They honestly taste like actual pancakes made with flour - in my opinion better. And they really fill you up. Enjoy xx

YUM

More Pancake Recipes, posted on MuscleHack:
      musclehack.com/delicious-low-carb-pancake-recipe/
      Pancake recipe on YouTube.

Bowulf, who has a lot of great low carb recipes, explains all in the video below.
      It’s a little more complex than the one I created for ‘Total Six Pack Abs‘ but I must say, they look delicious! (mine are also virtually zero carb).

This recipe makes about 10 low-carb pancakes!

Ingredients

8 oz Cream Cheese (225 grams)
      3 eggs
      1/4 cup Soy or Wheat Protein Isolate (almond flour will also be ok)
      1/4 cup Butter Milk
      3 teaspoons splenda
      1/2 teaspoon baking powder
      1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
      Mix cream cheese until smooth
      Now add your 3 eggs into the cream cheese
      Now simply add the rest of the ingredients and mix together
      Leave to sit for 5 minutes
      Heat your frying pan
      Add the mixture - voila!
      There are around 1.6 carbs per pancake in this recipe.

Thanks to Bowulf for this!
      Files
      Weight Loss Goal - to reach 55kg
      Currently doing 12 week body transformation - at 64kg (9kg to goal)
      (Started 27/8/12 at 77.8kg)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Snez ().

• LC Pancakes

This is the recipe I used this morning because it was what I had on hand haha

1/4 c smooth ricotta
      1 egg
      pinch cinnamon
      pinch baking powder
      1/2 tsp sweetener
      1 T psyllium husk

I made one big one and spread it with cream cheese mixed with raspberries

You need to spread the batter onto the skillet before it thickens and cook it over a low heat for about 5-6mins on each side (you need to give it a change to solidify before you try to flip it)

I am thinking of making a savoury version as a wrap for lunch :)