What skincare do you swear by?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I'l give that a whirl now too.

When I was buying a bunch of stuff a cpl of weeks ago they didn't have the GAIA I use for Maya so I bought this one I hadn't seen before by a company called Natural Instinct, they also had liquid handsoap, moisturiser etc aswell so I might start trying their things too. I think this is their website but its under construction: naturalinstinct.com.au/

The Gaia is really nice so when you have a baby give it a whirl it smells so nice.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • I am using the Dermalogics line...

I have been using the Rejuvinol AM/PM anti-wrinkle creams for my face and love them!! I also am using their Lumnaderm as i had a few small acne scars on the sides of my face and to my amazement the cream is actuallyu working and the spots are lightening! I have tried a few other products that did notr do much but they were also less than half the price. The Dermalogics line is not cheap but atleast they work! I got them from dermalogicsskincare.com Let me know if you guys try them so we can compare! :) :)
    • Re: What skincare do you swear by?

coconut oil is lovely for a moisturizer, all over body rub, and lubricant...oh and you can use it for cooking too hehe

I have tried natural shampoo after natural shampoo and they all make my hair yuk and greasy, if anyone can steer me in the right direction ( I want proof that it doesn't make hair greasy too) I would be willing to give it a go.

We use natural hand soap in the bathroom, i bought a base on ebay and add my own oils, like patchouli, or eucalyptus and everyone always tells me how mice my soap is.

I also use natural soaps, i was fortunate I knew someone who made them and sold them and she gave me a stack, like probably 50 bars of seconds, which are used now. Now I use this soap that our local service station stocks, a natural one and it is reasonably priced.
      My Blog
      First Mini Goal of 1.6 achieved - 30-7-2013

MINI GOAL

BIGGER GOAL

BIGGEST GOAL TO COME

So far I have found Alchemy (the gentle ones) to be the best as far as not making your hair greasy goes and every now and again I have a break from it and then go back. I have been using envirocare body cleanser, it is a liquid soap.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Sounds like some great products to look into.. I'm currently a nutrimetic's user also. Love the nutri-rich almond oil, especially when i had stretch marks.

I am concerned about the rapid weight loss and the sagging of skin (even though it hasn't happened yet, still need to lose a lot) so I found some tips.
      from: allwomenstalk.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss/

USE MOISTURISER EACH DAY …
      moisturiser will add up to seventy percent of moisturiser to your skin. When you are losing weight, it is great to use a moisturiser as it will help to maintain that elasticity as your body is shrinking.

MOISTURISE YOUR BODY EACH NIGHT …
      When you apply the moisturiser to your body at night, you may want to wear long sleeves and long pj's in order to make sure it does not rub off on your sheets. This will also help to hold that moisture in as you sleep at night.

USE LOOFAH OR A BODY SCRUB THAT REALLY WORKS …
      When you use a body scrub or loofah at least twice a day, you will be helping to tighten up that lose Skin that is caused by weight Loss.

SCRUB YOUR SKIN 3 TIMES A WEEK …
      When you scrub away that surface, you will be causing that skin underneath to generate faster.

DRINK A LOT OF WATER …
      In order to keep that moisture in your skin. Apart from this, the water is also going to flush those toxins out of your system. It will give your skin that healthy feel and look.

LIFT WEIGHTS …
      A great way to get rid of that excess skin would be to lift weight. When you are losing weight, lifting weights is important.

EXERCISE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE …
      When you are exercising, you will be building those muscles up. This will plump up your skin from the inside and give it that tighter appearance. When you exercise, you will be making sure you will not gain all the weight back that you just tried so hard to lose.

MASSAGE YOUR SKIN …
      You may not believe this, but massaging the skin helps to build that elasticity back up. You should use mustard oil in order to get the best results. That daily massage will also help your muscles develop. In mustard oil, you will find that there are many medicinal properties in it that will help you to have healthy and glowing skin.

DO STOMACH CRUNCHES …
      If you are not used to doing stomach crunches, then start with one and then increase it by one each day you go along. This is not only a fast method to tone that skin, but it is a fast method to lose weight.

TAKE UP YOGA …
      The best asana for you to do in order to tone up and achieve the perfect skin is called Bhujang Asana. Lay down flat on your stomach and raise your face up off of the ground as much as you can.

APPLY PREPERATION-H …
      Many individuals who are looking to tone up their Skin actually apply preparation-H to their skin as it will help to tighten it up. It contains lanolin in it, which will penetrate the skin.

TIGHTEN YOUR STOMACH MUSCLES THROUGHOUT THE DAY …
      As you are driving in your car, standing in lines, watching television, playing video games and sitting at your desk, you could help tighten up your skin. You can do this by pulling your stomach muscles in and holding them for a couple of minutes.

START USING COLLAGEN CREAM …
      Applying collagen cream to your stomach area three times a day will help out. You should give the collagen moisture enough time to soak into your skin.

DON’T EAT SWEETS OR PRODUCTS THAT HAVE FRUCTOSE SYRUP IN THEM …

I swear by nivea products, ive been using them since i was prolly 13.. & i have sensative skin so it was hard to find a product that didnt affect alergies etc
      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/6BFTp8.png]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="1"]Goal 01: 75Kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 02: 70kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 03: 65kg
      Goal 04: 59kg[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I use Guthy Renker products, I find them the best makeup ever (I use the mineral makeup and I don't feel like I am wearing any which is perfect)
      I'm pretty bad at applying anything most days. I use a foaming cleanser in the shower to wash my face and that's about it. I will probably regret it later, only 35 at the moment.

I use retrieve, which is a prescription cream, that is helping my pigmentation and a i think this is a big help, i get accupuncture once a month for anxiety and other stuff, and Janine my wonderful accupunturist has been giving me sort of an accupuncture facial to help tighten my skin, it is amazing!!!! i am 48 and so probably older than all you gorgeous young people :)

I am very intrigued by the acupuncture facial! I also use retinol cream it is fantastic :)
      My daily products are just cheap supermarket finds I have really sensitive skin and these are what work for me;
      Palmers Exfoliator
      Ponds Cold Cream
      Aldi Facial Wipe makeup remover towelettes
      pawpaw ointment for eye makeup remover as my eyes are too sensitive for most eye makeup removers
      Simple brand moisturiser
      Palmers eye cream

I only wear makeup about once-twice a week so I usually just use cold cream and moisturiser daily.