The Best Ever Tasting Soup

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• The Best Ever Tasting Soup

I just fluked on the BEST EVER TASTING SOUP,

Preheat oven to 200c

8 -10 red capsicums decored and left whole
      1kg very ripe roma/vine tomatoes
      1/2 pumpkin
      place caps standing cut side down in baking dish
      place whole tomatoes stem side up in baking dish
      cut pumpkin into chunks and put in baking dish
      spray all with a little oil
      put into oven for 5 minutes then turn heat down to 120
      bake until pumpkin is cooked
      put the capsicums into a plastic bag and tie seal leave
      peel the tomatoes when they are cool enough
      scoop pumpkin from skin and put into blender with 1/2 ltr chicken stock

** thinly slice 2 red onions, clove of garlic, strip leaves from rosermary sprigs about 2 tablespoons full same for fresh tyme
      add a little oil to pan and heat then add ** and saute` till colouring up.

blend tomatoes with the addition of the onion mix and add to stock pot
      peel the capsicum (skin should come off easy if it doesn't put the bag into microwave for a couple of minutes more - cool then peel) and blend with a bit of the tomato mix
      scoop pumpkin from skin and blend with 1/2 ltr chicken stock and 2 chicken stock cubes salt and pepper add to the pot and stirr it all up.
      Bring to a simmer for a few minutes taste for S & P then turn off and cool before putting into storage.
      Serve piping hot with a dollop of plain yoghurt or creme

YUMMMMMMMMmmmmm

And the house smells divine.

A bit fiddly but well worth it especially if you are having guests and want to impress!!
      Bron Doingit
      :)
      Now to maintain.....hard work! :D
    • low carb? surely not with all that pumpkin
      i am really trying to do it properly at the moment so i might leave that one til a bit later
      soup weather though - i should get motivated and make a whole lot and freeze in containers
      i made chilli con carne and curry the other day for my son and did that - saves me money too
    • Re: The Best Ever Tasting Soup

I can't remember how many serves - depends on how much liquid you add if you want it thick or thinner. I forgot about that one. Caps are on spec at the mo at IGA - I am off to buy some and make this again. It really was delish!!!

Not too many carbs If I remember. not no carb but not high either
      Bron Doingit
      :)
      Now to maintain.....hard work! :D