I need lots of help, but everyone here seems to be so supportive, I think I can do it

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I need lots of help, but everyone here seems to be so supportive, I think I can do it

I was diagnosed at the start of the year with hypoglycemia, and as I mentioned earlier to sandy, my doctor told me I was doing better and couold go off the diet again.
      this means, I now don't have anything to motivate myself, I was doing so well, but now I need to find some kind of drive to keep me going, everyone here seems to be so nice, amd that is going to make it so much easier for me.
      I have just started a new job working as a membership consultant at a gym, and I really need to get into shape, I want to lose up to 10kg's because I feel so out of place at work and I am supposed to be a good example, I know I can do it, but I need the help.
      seagull:( :rolleyes:
    • Welcome Seagull!

You have come tothe right place and we all know that you can do it. Once you get started you will be so surprised at how easy it really is. Oh yes we all have "OUR DAYS" but then it is straight back into it. Youwill feel better and look fabulous in no time.

10kgs....nothing to loose. You can do that in 3 months if you really want to.

So have a read of the forum and go shopping today and start tomorrow...

So glad that you found us....You will do fine.

Have a great weekend and hang in there
      Love Makeely
      Start weight:86kgs
      1st Goal weight:75kgs
      Current weight: 80.5 kgs
      Total Lost: 5.5kgs
    • thankyou markeely,
      what exactly should I buy? I have my partner living with me and he generally won't eat the foods that I can, so I have to make two variations of any meal usually.
      can anyone tell me, how I can get a cute little picture like you guys?
      seagull
    • Seagull I have teenage children and sometimes I think I am running a restaurant however with a bit of negotiation you can work something out.

You are mostly only together for the evening meal and high carbers can eat what we eat. Do a stir fry with heaps of veges and only add soy sauce....that way you get to taste the meat and the veges. If he must have noodles or rice just do some separately for him.

Most men enjoy a high protein breakfast. He can make his own toast. :D

If you do heaps of the stir fry then left overs are great for lunch. Not necessarily the veges but the meat is great cold in a green salad. And he can eat that as well.

It actually won't hurt him to modify his carb intake (I don't mean restrict it like we do)
    • hey! look what I did! I could only find a bear though that wasn't japanese, I don't think I was looking in the right place.
      so, it seems the aitkins diet is very different to the hypoglycemic diet, I thought they were exactly the same.
      how long have you been doing this sherrie?:confused:
    • how long have you been doing this sherrie?

Low carbing?

I have been doing it since May. I'm not on a ketogenic diet anymore since I reached my goal, I decided to have a change a couple of months ago.
      I'm still low carbing but am allowing myself a small amount of Low GI foods aswell. I am going to try and lose a couple more kgs without going ketogenic if I can. If I can't then I will go into keto again after a little while as my body won't be used to keto by then if not already.

Atkins only allows 20g carbs per day on induction levels. Most of us stay at or very close to that carb level untill we've reached or about to reach our goal.

In the Getting Started thread that I posted in the Low Carb Beginners section you should find a link or two to some threads where people show what they buy when food shopping.
    • Atkins only allows 20g carbs per day on induction levels. Most of us stay at or very close to that carb level untill we've reached or about to reach our goal.

Now this has to be one of the most important things I have read on here since I came here in March. I've never really thought about it but now i know exactly what I have told myself mentally. I try to think of myself as being a 20 carber a day girl. I do it mentally and if i know I am going out for a drink then I hardly eat but if I do it its strictly protein (not the most ideal thing I know but hey????) So I expect that most 'bigger' people just try to stay in the induction phase with added extras?

Cheers
      Cazza xx
    • Atkins only allows 20g carbs per day on induction levels. Most of us stay at or very close to that carb level untill we've reached or about to reach our goal.

Now this has to be one of the most important things I have read on here since I came here in March. I've never really thought about it but now i know exactly what I have told myself mentally. I try to think of myself as being a 20 carber a day girl. I do it mentally and if i know I am going out for a drink then I hardly eat but if I do it its strictly protein (not the most ideal thing I know but hey????) So I expect that most 'bigger' people just try to stay in the induction phase with added extras?

Cheers
      Cazza xx
    • hi seagull,

welcome aboard, everyone is very helpful here and you will get a great deal of support.

i too suffered from hypoglycemia, in the months before lcing i was getting it every day, i was using the glycemic index and it just wasn't helping. since lcing from April 2004, the only time i have been (nearly) hypo is if i have been stupid and forgotten to eat for quite a while (as in no brekkie, no lunch). i am not tired at 2:30 pm on the dot, my brain seems to function a helluva lot better. i will say that lcing has been a lifesaver in this respect, i am doing atkins and although i am not tracking my carbs at the moment i am not eating any pasta, rice, potatoes etc and only lc bread once a day. it's great that you are so motivated, your attitude is half the battle won already!
      cheers, sam

go hard...or go home