bingeing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• what constitutes bingeing?

just curious since i have found that i have become a little obsessive with this lc eating and if i have a handful of cornchips i feel very guilty and i dont want to live like that. The other night we went to a friends house, she warned me she was ordering pizzas and so i stopped off at a fish shop and bought a piece of grilled fish and made a salad, when i finished that i had a slice of pizza and afterwards felt really guilty. I would like to be able to achieve a level where i can basically follow lc but occasionally eat other stuff without classifying it as a splurge.

what do u guys consider going overboard..... give me some examples so i wont feel bad about a slice of pizza
    • me personally, i consider going overboard foolows this pattern: i have something high carb, like pasta, then i think well hell i've done it now so i eat some bread, then some rice. something like that.

i don't think you should guilt yourself about 1 slice of pizza. maybe you can make a deal with yourself, i did this and it wored. i told myself i could have something 'naughty' once a fortnight if i stuck to low carb during the fortnight. i always made it something i really loved, like my partner's lasagna or rogan josh curry with basmati rice. i don't go for chocolate and i stay away from potatoes and stuff like that. i sometimes have homemade pizza on pita bread.
      cheers, sam

go hard...or go home
    • Mutza over board is when your doing it everyday or even worse and having more because you have already 'blown' it.

The occasional cheat is not a bad thing and provided it is occasional can be good for staying on track at other times plus it helps keep our body guessing.
    • I agree with Sam. Bingeing is when you have something high-carb and then say what the heck I've ruined it now and then continue eating more high-carb.

Your 1 slice of pizza is fine as long as you can stop at 1. I personally couldn't stop at 1 slice because once I get the taste of it, I want more.

Also, if that 1 slice of pizza and maybe a few other naughties throughout the week don't affect weight loss then I don't see a problem. If you find you are not losing weight you should cut back or just have your low-carb snacks.
      Weight Loss Goal - to reach 55kg
      Currently doing 12 week body transformation - at 64kg (9kg to goal)
      (Started 27/8/12 at 77.8kg)
    • I know we all want to loss weight . And things like that always come when we are trying to be real strong BUT life is short , so enjoy yourself But don't go over board , I slice of pizza is nothing , or even two . Just enjoy your friends , then the next day just go back on track . Just don't get in your mind I have blowen it and then start piging out for a few more days . As this is a WOE .

Lady bird
    • Originally posted by ladybird
      I know we all want to loss weight . And things like that always come when we are trying to be real strong BUT life is short , so enjoy
      Lady bird

i agree, life is too short, funny thing is that the last two weeks i have been feeling like ive been eating all wrong, not enough veggies and not enough good carbs..... but ive lost 1 kg and i havent had a loss for over 4 months so that was surprising....i have been happy with the weight loss and wasnt really trying to lose anymore but all the same, this was a very pleasant surprise
    • Mutza, I do that about once or twice a month. It hasn't affected my weigh loss in the big scheme of things but probably has slowed it down:p As long as it goes down and not up I am happy..When I blow out I seem to think the same as Sam..After the initial pizza I go on a hunt for anything that look good or that I would like to have eaten in the prevoius month. Last binge went like this
      Pizza..about 5 slices..choc chip bun with icing..packet of crisps..and something else I can't remember. What I do now if I have a blow out is not get on the scales until I am in K again and no damage is done if I only do it on the odd occasion..
      Don't feel guilty, it makes it worse, just enjoy it and get back on track the next day:D
      It's funny how I usually only do it at home and not in front of any friends (I probably want to keep up appearances....lol)
    • I treat myself once a month. On the 28th day I have whatever I feel like, without asking "is it LC?". I find that (after 12 months of this) I don't go silly but I do eat what I want - and if that's mashed potato, or a chocolate pudding, then so be it.

For me, a binge is where everything that passes my lips is HC and then I hunt HC stuff down and keep going... I try not to feel guilty about 1 spring roll or piece of pizza, but I also only indulge if I know I can stop.

Emma