Are You Having Problems Receiving Emails From Us?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Are You Having Problems Receiving Emails From Us?

Okay I closed the board down on Wednesday to do upgrades and upon opening the board up again I sent a mass email to let everyone know. Well I would have sent somewhere under but close to 2000 emails and guess how many were returned?

Just over 1800! These were returned straight away from the email domains, these were not from invalid email accounts but because your email provider was blocking us out right. Some domains off the top of my head were yahoo, hotmail, MSN, bigpond, gmail...

The fact that so many were returned rather then just lost in cyberspace verifies that it is not my end also, so if you are having problems it is 99% likely your email host. Because of all the spam going around these days email hosts are implementing pretty aggresive procedures to stop spam which unfortunately also stops the innocent from getting through!

Anyway I will do my best to help solve this, when I have some spare time I will sort through the 1800 returned emails LOL (I bet my web host loved me that day LOL) and look at sending an email to the affected domains asking for them to unblock me. Obviousely I assume I would be more successful if their actual users emailed too :)

If you never recieved the email from me on Wednesday then you're one of these people!

But also there are some other things you can do to if you are having problems.

Firstly, check your junk/bulk/spam folders for emails from us, I know if you have a yahoo account you can mark us as NOT SPAM, this would help a ton!

I know yahoo do this with emails from us but obviousely they like to block us as well so you may find they are doing both with different emails from us. Activations are usually just sent to junk/bulk/spam folders because they are individual but not always.

Also I recieved some tips from the VBulletin website which should help:

Many large service providers such as Verizon, AOL and MSN are implementing aggressive filtering. In many cases, the customers of these providers can place the email address you use for notification in their contact list and then your emails will be allowed through. If this doesn't work, you should contact the provider in question and ask to be placed on their whitelist. Some providers will charge a listing fee for this.

In addition, AOL (and possibly others) will not accept emails from domains that do not have reverse DNS setup. It's possible these emails are being placed into a spam folder or are being filtered.

The problem could also be caused by aggressive spam filters on the user's machine. In these cases their anti-spam software should be configured to allow emails from your domain name. Refer them to the documentation for the software they are using.

Make sure to add us to your contact lists like the quote suggest as this may be all you need to do.

Of course you can always contact me, if your having problems with email activations I can activate you manually if you email me from the email address you registered with.

We also have a thread going here: Email Activation/Posting Issues

Of course if your an AOL user and still having problems it very well could be my end as web hosts (especially Australian) are known to block AOL from time to time during high periods of spam.

See this thread here: AOL Users and Activation Problems

I hope this helps, lets help each other sort this problem out!

Cheers :)

Sherrie
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Re: Are You Having Problems Receiving Emails From Us?

I wonder why you got 2? Have you made another account before when having trouble with this one?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

I got one that had a powerpoint file in it with something called Wormgame that I was not going to open, but decided to check it because I trust you Sherrie, but it didn't work for me anyway.:confused:
      Whoever said 'people get fat because they're going to get diabetes' has my respect.

Haha that wasn't from the forum so you must be blocking this too.
      That worm game I sent from my yahoo account because it was funny so I sent it to the poh peeps that were in my personal address book LOL

Shame it didn't work for you, it was funny hehe

Since I didn't get the email you first mentioned, I just went and checked my email account and I don't have Spam protection on, but I do have a crappy provider and I'm not giving them any more money for anything! We locked into a contract - never again. :mad:

I reckon Moonie got mine! :p :D
      Whoever said 'people get fat because they're going to get diabetes' has my respect.

Mel this is the error I got for you:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
      recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

blah@blah.blah

unrouteable mail domain "melvania.org"

Yep thats what they were all saying so I assumed I was being blocked. My 2 test accounts got the email.

The blah blah bit is my addition of course to protect your email :)

Mel I got the same message for a whole heap of domains not just yours, heck over 1800 of them!!!

Well when I send the emails they only go to people who say in their profile to allow email from administrators so I hope its not from that because it just ruins things for everybody else.

I remember one time I got a really nasty email from someone because they got an email from us announcing the server move when they are the ones that registered, posted and chose to recieve emails from administrators.... Its not like I spam people with emails all the time let alone against their wishes! :rolleyes:

If you send them a quick email letting them know my email address is not spam I would really appreciate it (this goes for anyone concerned). Of course if they say you would have to pay a fee first then tell them to forget it!

I have the option ticked for receiving admin emails. I wonder if I can advise Bigpond that they are blocking important emails? Really annoys me, as I get so much other spam that they can't seem to stop. If only the idiots out there would just ignore spam, if there was no money it then they would stop doing it, so someone out their must be reading the damn things.

Bumping this in the hopes that Chynah sees this as I suspect that shes not receiving her activation emails. Chynah check your spam folder in your email account and see if the activation email is there, also check your email options to make sure webmistress@apinchofhealth.com isn't being blocked.