Moist Chicken for low carb salads and other meals

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Moist Chicken for low carb salads and other meals

I was just reading more of thise Delicious magazine and spotted this recipe for chicken sandwiches. Now obviousely I am not interested in the sandwich part but instead I was interested in her method in preparing moist chicken. I thought this would be a much better alternative to use in those recipes that require a BBQ chicken and instead of discarding the skinn we could just season and roast the skin up and chuck it back in with the shredded chicken.

Moist Chicken

One whole chicken (1.6kg)
      2 celery stalks, chopped
      4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley

Bring 4.5 litres of water, parsley and celery to boil.

Over medium to high heat fully submerge chicken (breast side down) for one minute, remove chicken the repeat 2 more times. What this action does is seals the meat to keep the moisture in.

Bring heat down to very low heat, put chicken back in and simmer for 20 mins. Remove from heat, cover and stand for another 40 mins and then submerge in iced water for another 40 mins then it is all yours!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.