Salmon and Leek Pie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Salmon and Leek Pie

Hey I made this last night, it was a high carb, low fat recipe and I changed it, it was a nice change. I would prefer it more saucy so I might experiment a little and next time I want to add some chopped boiled egg. Some grated cheese on top would be good too. Very simple recipe!

Salmon and Leek Pie

400g pink salmon (I used canned)
      300-400g cauliflower florets
      2 large leeks, pale part only, washed and sliced
      chopped fresh parsley and dill (I didn't have dill so just used parsley)
      200g ricotta
      2 Tablesppons of sour cream
      1 egg
      butter and olive oil
      salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 200C

Boil or steam cauli until just tender and drain well.

Pan fry leek in some butter and olive oil until tender

Whisk together the ricotta, sour cream and egg until well combined.

In a buttered casserole dish add the cauli, salmon, leek and herbs. Season with lots of salt and pepper and stir until combined.

Add ricotta topping on top and bake for 25-30 mins or untill salmon is cooked and topping is browned.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.