Zucchini Nut Bread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Zucchini Nut Bread

I adapted this from Atkins and it tastes fantastic, I have it for Breakfast or if I need a snack.

1 Cup Soya Flour
      1 Cup Almond Meal
      1/3 - 1/2 Splenda (depends on hoe sweet you want it)
      2 teaspoons cinnamon
      1 Teaspoon baking Soda
      1 Teaspoon baking Powder
      1/3 cup oil
      4 Eggs
      1 Zucchini grated
      1 Teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix dry ingred
      Wisk wet ingred
      Mix both together

Put in greased loaf tin and bake at 180C for 30mins untill cake tester comes out clean.

Slice into thin slices and wrap in glad wrap and put in freezer untill needed.

Is good by itself either cold or warm or I like it with a bit of butter.

Enjoy
    • Have you thought of using glutten flour instead of Soy?

Soy flour 100 gm = 25 carbs
      Glutten flour 100 gm = 16 carbs

I make a bread in my machine, that uses glutten flour and it is divine...... I cut up into 12 slices (Have a slicing machine - just perfect for the job) Bread is worth 2.75 carbs.

Those that use a bread machine, will know that the next day the bread isn't that fresh and have to toast it. Well this bread keeps fresh for the whole week!

The recipe for the bread is in my diary....if anyone wants to make it. (Sorry, I don't know how to insert a thread so that you can click it and you are there....I need another lesson Moonstruck :)
    • Muffins work fine, just need to adjust the bake time dependant on the size of the tin.

good idea re the gluten flour you could give it a go. I to make the bread with gluten flour and it also lasts a week no problem.
      Start Weight 80.5kg
      Current weight 60.5kg
      Start Aug 2002
      Total Lost 20kg

This time
      Start Weight 70.5kg :mad:
      Current weight 69.5kg
      Start Aug 2006
      Total Lost 1kg
    • Originally posted by Oggi
      Have you thought of using glutten flour instead of Soy?

Soy flour 100 gm = 25 carbs
      Glutten flour 100 gm = 16 carbs

I make a bread in my machine, that uses glutten flour and it is divine...... I cut up into 12 slices (Have a slicing machine - just perfect for the job) Bread is worth 2.75 carbs.

Those that use a bread machine, will know that the next day the bread isn't that fresh and have to toast it. Well this bread keeps fresh for the whole week!

The recipe for the bread is in my diary....if anyone wants to make it. (Sorry, I don't know how to insert a thread so that you can click it and you are there....I need another lesson Moonstruck :)

Oggi

I tried to make your bread the other day but I couldn't find any gluten flour, so I used Soya flour.....Yuk it was disgusting! I have never had gluten flour before, does it have as strong a flavour as the soya???

Makeely
      Start weight:86kgs
      1st Goal weight:75kgs
      Current weight: 80.5 kgs
      Total Lost: 5.5kgs
    • Originally posted by makeely
      Oggi

I have never had gluten flour before, does it have as strong a flavour as the soya??? Makeely

No it doesn't have a strong flavour but so much better than Soy. Huk. That is why we make the bread because it doesn't have soy.

Coles sells the flour in their 'health' section. You only need a small amount.

Makeely I hope you try the bread again - it will be worth it.
    • Originally posted by sanuk
      Is it actually gluten flour or gluten-free flour?

They do sell the Lowan's Gluten Flour in Coles, but the carb count on mine say's 20.6g of carbs per 100g. (will just have to look out for the lower one)
      Yes normal flour would have gluten in it, but the gluten flour is made by extracting the gluten portion from the wheat,it is used to increase the protein content of flour when added.It is a good source of some amino acids.
      I am sure you can get a gluten free flour as well.
    • Originally posted by Oggi
      No it doesn't have a strong flavour but so much better than Soy. Huk. That is why we make the bread because it doesn't have soy. Coles sells the flour in their 'health' section. You only need a small amount. Makeely I hope you try the bread again - it will be worth it.

I will definately give it another go....:D CAn't wait

Love Makeely
      Start weight:86kgs
      1st Goal weight:75kgs
      Current weight: 80.5 kgs
      Total Lost: 5.5kgs