Low carb bread? Try Oopsie rolls!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Low carb bread? Try Oopsie rolls!

Thought I better post this here seeing as I've already said how good Oopsies are in my Introduction thread.
      I made a batch of Oopsie Rolls pretty much as soon as I found this forum and read this thread. They turned out great. I think I'm in love with Oopsies :D I had a burger with 2 of them, another one I had a dessert with coconut oil and sugar free maple syrup. I ate the rest within a couple of days but I can't remember how I had them. I made another batch last week and added 1/4 cup grated parmesan and (I think) about 1/2 tsp garlic powder to the egg yolk mix. Made three normal oopsie rolls and the other third of the "batter" I put in a smallish pie plate and baked. I then used that for a pizza base which I put mozzarella, pepperoni and black olives on. Definitely not a crunchy base, but pretty good all the same and it held together well in my hand. I think next time I might slightly undercook & then transfer to a heated pizza pan, top it and bake it til the mozzarella is melted. Maybe that will just make the base a bit more crunchy/solid? Just so long as it doesn't burn.
      Anyway, gonna make some more original rolls this weekend and maybe even try a dessert with cream and chocolate.

Have sent two different photos through in two different emails. Couldn't figure how to send them both in one email:confused:
      Btw, the cake is scrumptious and my darling hubby really enjoyed it too. He's getting to the stage where he's starting to enjoy my way of eating and is ever so slowly coming across. Which of course I'm very pleased about :)

You wait until you see the pictures Kel!!! I have never seen oopsie rolls look so good!

Fondoffood, I had a look for the recipe here for what you did but couldn't find it? was this your recipe? I ask because those photos look so good they deserve their own thread and I can link the thread here in the first post :)

Sherrie wrote:

You wait until you see the pictures Kel!!! I have never seen oopsie rolls look so good!

Fondoffood, I had a look for the recipe here for what you did but couldn't find it? was this your recipe? I ask because those photos look so good they deserve their own thread and I can link the thread here in the first post :)

Wish it was my recipe, but I adapted one from The Lighter Side blog. I think the photo of it is on the first page of this thread. I made only a couple of changes, like swapped Splenda for a mix of erythritol and stevia and chopped up fresh strawberries very finely and mixed through the filling. I only used 5 eggs for this one and adjusted measurements as it was a bit of a trial cake. I'm going to make a larger version with 8 eggs next Sunday for my birthday. I'd be happy to note down ingredients and measurements when I do it and send it through if you like

Fondoffood wrote:

Wish it was my recipe, but I adapted one from The Lighter Side blog. I think the photo of it is on the first page of this thread. I made only a couple of changes, like swapped Splenda for a mix of erythritol and stevia and chopped up fresh strawberries very finely and mixed through the filling. I only used 5 eggs for this one and adjusted measurements as it was a bit of a trial cake. I'm going to make a larger version with 8 eggs next Sunday for my birthday. I'd be happy to note down ingredients and measurements when I do it and send it through if you like

That would be awesome :)

Sorry I was out until the wee hours yesterday then did some gardening and out again today, will upload them tomorrow :) It was such a nice day today I decided to do some more gardening and finally sow my green manure ready for the rain all week :)

Haha well I removed a big section of kikuyu grass from out the back which is now my pumpkin/spaghetti squash/melon patch. Last year I tried some silly gardening idea I have seen in many gardening books to grow corn with cucumbers, beans and peas going up them in among my pumpkins (not a good idea, try harvesting these in a big sprawling pumpkin patch and the bugs the corn attract!). Anyway because corn are very heavy feeders you need to put nutrition back into the soil afterwards so what I am doing is growing a green manure and then before it flowers I dig it all back into the soil and then start sowing my pumpkins. The green manure puts heaps of nutrition back into the soil. This year I am using oats, vetch, barley and fenugreek. I will get onto those photos now before I forget!

:eek: my first thought is can we eat that - then I checked back to see what the ingredients were - I think I am in love with this but I would have the chocolate bit occasionally - thank you for doing the photos - now no one would know they are eating low carb - I will make this when we have visitors otherwise I would cut slabs for myself - I'm drooling that looks so nice :)

I'm sorry guys, I've been slack in not getting the recipe to you. I have it all written down from when I made it again a couple of weeks ago, I've just gotta get my butt into gear and transfer it to here :) But it's a bit too early yet this morning. I also want to work out the carb, fat and protein counts before i post it. It was a hit by the way with my work mates and some of them had no idea it had no flour in it and that it was totally low carb.