Pinned Queensland - where are you?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Queensland - where are you?

hi janal - that sounds great! i will be in adelaide for xmas and be back for new years - so after all the celebrations die down in jan or something would be good. sam and i were going to have a coffee after new year too so we could all do it together - or maybe find a nice LC place to eat for dinner? like a good steak?

i live in brisbane highgate hill and sam lives at bulimba. i think we all seem to be on the southside which is good as it's close to the gold coast - think bron lives there and others have said north gold coast too
      :)
      Current Journey

Overall Journey since first started LCing in 2005

Hi Lissy, That sounds great, I'll look forward to it.

Lord, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      and the Wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I may have to kill because they p!$$ me off.

Hello I'm in Tamborine Village - halfway between Canungra and Beaudesert.
      I visit the gold coast weekly as I have family living there.
      I'm new to apoh and only just read this thread.
      I suppose the get together has been and gone by now, but I hope there
      will be another during the year :) as I'd love to come and meet you all and
      actually talk low carb as I don't personally know anyone doing it.

Hi Newme,
      No we haven't managed to get together as yet, but I'm still hopefull that it will happen one day. :)

Maybe we should just set a date and those that can make it - great, then we could set a second date and hopefully get more along.

We just need to find a central place for us to all meet.

and the Wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I may have to kill because they p!$$ me off.

Hi Janal,

Great idea.....let's just do it....as the saying goes.

I think there are quite a few of us in the south Brisbane districts and also
      northern gold coast, so how about a get together half way point for everyone?

Is Loganholme hyperdome central ? I know there are a few restaurants and coffee shops there. I remember having such a sore stomach after pigging out visiting sizzler there last year :o

Any other suggestions out there?

How about next month?

Hyperdomes good for me, Saturday or Sunday which is better for everyone?

Janal are you still ok for a get together ??

I have been hoping a few others would have said hello here by now and help plan a coffee or lunch....but nothing as yet.

There was one message from Coralc....hi Coralc, I hope you will be able to come.

Anyone on the gold coast or Brisbane who would like to join us don't be shy

as even Janal and I haven't met yet so we will all be in the same boat ;)

Here's hoping for some more to join us Janal, and hopefully we can make a Saturday date soon after Easter?

Let me know what you think, or any ideas.

You might want to pop in their diaries and point them to this thread as a lot mostly hang in the diaries section.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi, Yes I'm still up for a meet.
      If you look back through this tread, most brisbane people have said hello in here at some stage.
      I'm away on the 25/26 April and away on the 21 - 24 May
      Apart from those dates I'm free most weekends.

Lets try for a meet on the 2nd or 3rd May do we want to do a morning tea or an afternoon tea?

Hi Newme thanks for informing me of this thread I never new it existed....

I'd be happy to meet up with you, Janal and anyone from here but it would have to be after Easter for me.
      And the Hyperdome suits me too....we just need to pick a date and time.

Lissy's in Brissie has anyone contacted her????

Cheers - Sam:)

That's great Sam :) Pleased you can join us.

Janal would you believe of all the weekends, we are going away camping that weekend of the 2nd & 3rd of May. How about the following weekend, Saturday 9th May ????

Only if that is ok with you both, we could pencil it in. ??

Yes Sam I did send Lissylou a note like I did to you - so let's hope she can come as well.

I've tried to look up these names to let them know - Teeyore, Skitty Kitty and Meeshelly - as I think they are all from around SEQ but I can't find them in the members diary area ???

Sam if you know of anyone else - refer them here.

I look forward to meeting you both soon :D

Perhaps send them a private message as well in case they don't subscribe to their diary but have email notifications for private messages turned on :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

9th is fine for me too, afternoon tea - 2pm
      Hows that for everyone!

That's fantastic, we have a date and time :D

Pity you can't make this one Lissylou, but as you said....next time :)
      Have fun with your wedding dress fitting.

Well it looks like just the 3 of us janal and Sam at this stage, I'm hoping
      we may still get some more to come along. But at least it's a start ;)