Almond Chocolate Muffin With Chocolate CreamCheese Icing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Almond Chocolate Muffin With Chocolate CreamCheese Icing

[Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/2292926574_9f2abc5cca_o.jpg]
      You just have to try this recipe- seriously it is SOOO delishous

Almond Chocolate Muffin=1.5carbs per muffin

3/4 cup butter - softened
      1 cup splenda
      5 lg eggs
      1/3 cup heavy cream
      3 tbsp sour cream
      1 tsp vanilla extract
      2 cups almond meal
      1 tsp baking powder
      1/3 cup Cocoa
      1/2 tsp ground cloves
      1 dash cinnamon
      1 dash nutmeg
      Cream butter and splenda well. Add eggs, one at a time beating after each. Add heavy cream and sour cream. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix almond flour with baking powder, cocoa, and spices. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture while beating. Pour into muffin tins, nearly filling.Bake at 350°F-180°C for 20 minutes.
      Recipe from CarbliteAU
      CreamCheese Chocolate Icing=1.5carbs
      25grams Cream Cheese
      1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
      a little splash of vanilla
      1 splenda sachet
      Heat Creamcheese Slightly in microwave add splenda vanilla and cocoa and mix and top muffin.
      this could go on 2 muffins but i put it all on 1.
    • Re: Almond Chocolate Muffin With Chocolate CreamCheese Icing

Just made these and they are resting......I did not have sour cream so will see how it goes texture wise.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]2208[/ATTACH]

I'm too tired to make the Philly cream chocolate icing now but will see tomorrow. Tom arrived today and I'm craving chocolate!!! I made a yummy shepherds pie but used broccoli to top pie with lots of cheese on top.

Off to try muffins now with a bit of cream.

Samx:)
      Files
      • image.jpg

(420.86 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )

Kel they turned out so moist....I only put in 1/2 of the sugar as well. I'm glad I didn't cave and eat rubbish. Yeah sheperds pie turned out well...I took the recipe doff the web. taste.com.au/recipes/2335/classic+shepherds+pie. Here it is. Just leave out the flour.
      Off for a shower and bed now....disappointed in MKR again....not sure why judges picked raw food over food not arranged properly!!!!!!???

I wonder why it was only 1 tsp of baking powder, I might try it soon, I'm nervous with cooking at 180 with the tagatose (I should check what temp I cooked the rhubarb ones at) but it is only 20 mins. Years and years ago I used to make the poh muffins choc flavour with cream cheese in the batter and it used to make then really moist.

I haven't watched today's or yesterday's MKR yet, we had Ryan and his girlfriend stay over so I was distracted. I cooked the buttery almond cake for him last minute because it was his favourite but I was too scared to risk the tagatose so I put sugar in it :eek: first time I've ever made it with sugar, I forgot how good that cake was. That used to be his requested birthday cake growing up :)

What is tagatose?? I was considering the buttery almond cake but was craving chocolate!!!! That would have been nice having Ryan visit.
      The muffins turned out very moist and hubby really like them....especially the carb valur;).
      I'm eating a savoury ph pancake now before I head to the gym.....it's a struggle I prefer the sweet...but I don't want to over do the sugary things...especially with tom here but I'm saving myself for my choc muffin tonight:).

Its another sweetener but its hard to get, but it tastes really good and is a probiotic but the downside is it can brown quickly when baking in the oven, there's a thread here but I wouldn't worry about that as you're doing really well as you are. I only mention it because that's the only sweetener I am using atm but I was a bit too scared as the cake takes 40 mins to bake and almond meal can brown too quickly as it is. I will have to test soon though as I really enjoyed the cake and its so easy to make :)

Good decision Sam, sometimes too much sweet starts the cravings, enjoy your muffin tonight :)

At TOM time I used to warm up a low carb chocolate muffin and eat it with some chopped strawberries and cream so it felt really decadent.