Pinned Bodytrim Diet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim Diet

LilRascal wrote:

re: free day... on the dvd's he says to keep it to maybe one or two cheat meals but i've heard that people have better losses if they basically eat what they want, no portion sizes that I'm aware of

Okay my non BT related opinion would be, if your close to goal then a proper free day particularly consisting of starches rather then sugar and fruit would be important as your leptin stores are likely to be low. If you have a lot to lose, not so important as your more likely to have ample leptin and if there is a problem with leptin it is more likely your body is ignoring it rather then being deficient. However, particularly if your eating little, it might be useful in slowing down your bodies adaption as well as being useful in replenishing glycogen stores for those that exercise a lot.
      But back on the topic of leptin, if memory serves me correct, when they first discovered leptin they actually injected obese people with leptin thinking this would be the miracle cure for fat loss and guess what? It did nothing... why? because they already had plenty of leptin but their body was ignoring it.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

I love how this BT thread is growing there seems to be someone new all the time :D.

Phoenix I have to say I dont really follow any rules on free day and its pretty much the day. I still have usual breakfast as I really like it anyway then its just enjoy the day. First couple I ate heaps but im noticing I dont eat as much anymore and dont want as much sugar. Though if I do feel like it then thats what I will have. For me theres nothing worse than saying well I will have a little of this but im not having any chocolate etc because I rebel against myself so i dont set rules and dont feel guilty but as I said my body is not so interested at the moment.

Its nice to have you around again Rascal. Wen dont worry I am jelous that you have been in the 80s and im sure you will be back there in no time :D.

Kaz call BT and get it sorted you paid for the supporrt so make sure you get it. They do have long signatures but there is some good tips on there.

Traey hope you had a fantastic anniversary !!! At least your getting your moneys worth out of that hot tub :D

Hi All,

Had a great anniversary, it was on my FREE Day so as usual I ate and drank loads, I find on my free day you really appreciate the LC theory as the more carbs I eat [love sandwiches] the more I then crave, then something sweet. My average working day is usually:
      Breakfast - Low GI Bread [my favourite] with either egg or bacon
      Lunch - My special home made soups or a meat salad
      Dinner - Meat, veg or salad
      protein snacks, usually home made chicken in curry powder, boile egg, protein bar or protein snack, usually something left over from dinner day before.

Do you know if your protein only day has to the following day after FREE DAY? I just find with grocery shopping the salad and veg is used up early week and sometimes wasted if my protein only days are early week. I was considering doing protein only day during the week instead.
      Decided this week to try and increase the stepping, so today I am wearing my stepper - not the Bt stepper - it broke the first day!!!! Asked for a replacement and they wanted me to post broken one back - couldn't be bothered with the postage and envelope for a replacement cheap stepper.
      Thought it a bit disgusting really with the cost of the Bt plan, its a good job I love the diet though.

Hey every one,

I hope the BT site is not that bad. One of the reasons that I choose BT was for it's on line support, wait and see if they get their act together.

Sherrie: I did Atkins a while ago, and I was successful, and reached my GW, but fell back into my old habits once again. I am hoping that one of the things that I have this time around is some more knowledge and wisdom.

Another question - sorry to be asking so many - when you come off you free day, and go to your protein free day, do you find it hard, cravings?

A

arandall wrote:

Hey every one,

I hope the BT site is not that bad. One of the reasons that I choose BT was for it's on line support, wait and see if they get their act together.

Sherrie: I did Atkins a while ago, and I was successful, and reached my GW, but fell back into my old habits once again. I am hoping that one of the things that I have this time around is some more knowledge and wisdom.

Another question - sorry to be asking so many - when you come off you free day, and go to your protein free day, do you find it hard, cravings?

A

Arandall a lot of it is just practice and getting to know your limits, what your body can and can't handle. I find weighing every day very helpful in this but you need to be able to have thick skin where the scales are concerned.

I haven't done BT but I have done refeeds where I intentionally spent a whole day eating as many starches as I can (and a little sugar but mostly starches). I used to find by late afternoon I was soo full I didn't want to eat any more and the following day barely ate. But I was close to goal, on LC for sometime and exercising a lot so this may be part of why.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Wow!!! LR this thread is booming since you've returned:).

Well I've not been so well folks so will keep this short...I have neck and a lower back
      problems which i have been seeing a chiropractor for and it has improved immensley but for some reason after standing in the cold at soccer yesterday my neck seems to have siezed up and today it is stiff and very sore so I hope i can get an appointment tomorrow.

Today we attended a bbq didn' t really want to go but hubby wanted the family to go stuck to steak, chicken and salad and mineral water...I was the only mature aged mum there besides the granny and the rest were very slim stylish young mums with babies (designer mums) a bit like stepford wives....all I can say is that i did not look like them after my first born, they must have all been born with extraordinary genes but lacking greatly in social skills.

Just a quick question again do I do a protein day only tomorrow????? The Zig Zag affect. I think I do but just need to confirm it.

So the BT is down tried to post this morning and checked it after returning from bbq but no new posts for today...I did email them last night about it. Also did anyone else get that survey from Geoff about memberships?

You're all discussing recipes well I've been checking out the Bt ones and made one of there cheesecake ones...it's lowfat jelly made up and then you mix in 500g of philly and whip it till smooth then place in cup cake holders but I didn't have any so I'm just chilling it in a bowl, you also add vanilla essence and nutmeg/or lemon rind. Has anyone else tried this??? They also add splenda to it but I didn't.
      Will report back tomorrow on what I think....have to go folks, sorry if I missed anyone but my head and neck are killing me so will check back here tomorrow....these weekends go to fast!!!!.

Keep well all - Sam:) weigh day tomorrow!!!!!!

TraceyEccles wrote:

Hi All,

Do you know if your protein only day has to the following day after FREE DAY? I just find with grocery shopping the salad and veg is used up early week and sometimes wasted if my protein only days are early week. I was considering doing protein only day during the week instead.
      Decided this week to try and increase the stepping, so today I am wearing my stepper - not the Bt stepper - it broke the first day!!!! Asked for a replacement and they wanted me to post broken one back - couldn't be bothered with the postage and envelope for a replacement cheap stepper.
      Thought it a bit disgusting really with the cost of the Bt plan, its a good job I love the diet though.

that is disgusting!!!

as for protein following free day - not read that but i doubt it
      mine wont be

sam - i think you choose - i was going to do it tomorrow but got dinner tomorrow night so will do it on Tuesday
      i think it is quite flexible - i think.....:confused:

The post was edited 1 time, last by jojoamethyst ().

jojoamethyst wrote:

that is disgusting!!!

as for protein following free day - not read that but i doubt it
      mine wont be

sam - i think you choose - i was going to do it tomorrow but got dinner tomorrow night so will do it on Tuesday
      i think it is quite flexible - i think.....:confused:

Morning n
      Thanks JoJo quick check in here before breakie will do the protein day weighed today 200gram loss:rolleyes:but it's a loss not going let this one derail....check back later. How are you goiong Jo recover edfrom wine episode??? Sam

I don't have a problem going on to the p.o day following my free day, I actually look forward to it

I'm thinking of having two p.o days as I ate too much sugar and I know that, I felt so tired yesterday... had fish and chips for lunch and it was like blahhhhh

maybe my palate has changed or something but I know I overdid it on the sugar side of things

I've had my 100grams of protein this morning and coffee, I love how great this makes me feel

I dont mind the bt forum, yeah ppl's sigs might be long but I mean it doesnt take much to scroll with your mouse, and its just tickers and weekly weight loss

I personally love seeing this it really inspires me to see other peoples journeys and losses

Tracey: from what I know it is recommended you have the p.o day following your free day to kick your body back into action but you'd be best emailing them, like someone said you've paid for the package and support.

re the pedometer: I gave up on the bt one they sent me it was so inaccurate so I bought one that you can put on a lanyard or in your pocket or in your handbag, it has a sensor, not that clicky thing and it has a 7 day memory if I want it... i love it!

sam your hilarious!

its nice to chat to other people that are in similar situations, I've always had a weight problem even though I might not have admitted it and just got comfortable with it

I accepted the way people treated/treat, looked/look at me and I know I'm on my way but at times I just feel like shouting would you stop it already I'm doing something!!

anyway I guess its a stigma, people dont know what I've or you have been through and we all have different reasons/happenings in our lives that have caused us to become the way we are

Thank you Sherrie for having this forum in place I really appreciate it xxx
      My Main Goal