Pinned Bodytrim Diet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim Diet

Sherrie wrote:

Yep Kaz you have to research and decide for yourself, there's a lot of grey area when it comes to splenda but with something like aspartame which has been shown to pass the blood brain barrier it is very clear that aspartame should definitely be avoided. I could never give you the answer re splenda because I don't know. I have tried to switch to stevia a few times just in case but it gives me nausea and after being off splenda for 4 years and having increasing problems which obviously aren't related to it I started using it again about 6 months ago when I cut right down on my carbs again.

But one thing I want to point out, you can't rule out something as bad purely because it is man made and something as good purely because it is natural. As I was trying to point out earlier a lot of natural substances that we have are neurotoxins. sucrose is a neurotoxin, that means presumably all fruits are also a neurotoxin, even veggies like the good old brussel sprout contains sucrose. But it doesn't just stop there, the list can go on and on with various nutrients that happen to also be a neurotoxin. One thing I learnt when I did an elimination diet for my daughter is that there's plenty of natural chemicals that do all sorts of stuff in normal everyday, natural and healthy foods and this spans across everything from plants to animals. And these are all chemicals that are produced naturally for millions of years not because we use pesticide or chlorinate our water.

I wish I knew the answer to all this but I have no friggen idea and I don't think anyone else does either. I suspect there is no right or wrong for everyone and you just have to do the best you can and do whatever feels right for you.

Hannah I filter my water too and I thought that was such a great thing until I read about the vapour from hot water such as when you take a shower or bath or fill up your kitchen sink with hot water. This is much, much, much worse then drinking it. One other downside to filtering is it takes out the good stuff as well, of course I still use the filter and one day when I have my own house I will have all tap water for showers etc filtered and use rain water.

Hannah, I am sorry if my skepticism towards the business side of bodytrim bothers you and I mean no personal offense to anyone on it and I am glad to have bodytrimmers here regardless. I am skeptical of any of these be it bodytrim, tony ferguson etc
      The weight loss industry is a huge money spinner and I tried to be as open minded about Bodytrim as I could but somethings turn me off in that I think calories get too low but also the business side of it. Last year after they built up a good customer base they tried to make practically everything like their entire forum a paid for service (monthly fee) and it was only after it really backfired on them did they change it to how it is now (trim club). Anyway, I am sure there's lots of support there but its the people there following the diet that make it so and not the other way around :)

Well put Sherrie :D I didn't mean all man made stuff is bad, only that I approach it with caution. I just try to eat as healthy and wholesome as possible because it works for me.

For me, in the end, you can find pros and cons in everything, that's why you need to research it and make your own mind up. What concerns me (and what prompted the post) is that some people tend to follow what others say and that can be very confusing because everyone has their own point of view. You need some stability when following a plan and need to be sure about what you eat and don't and why.
      Start Date 6 Jan 2009I don't want to lose weight fast, I want to lose weight forever

hi,
      can i ask a question?
      splenda is like sachrine or sugarine right?
      the reason i asked is that since i have been on the fibro meds one of the side effects is the constant craving for sweets. And as i have 2 tsp of sugar in my tea and some days due to my work i am consuming up to 10 tsp of sugar a day and that is just in my cuppa.
      so recently changed to sugarine. i have one sugarine and a 1/4 tsp of sugar currently.
      my question is have i done the right thing substituting the sugar for the sugarine?

another interesting point about xylitol is that it protects our teeth against cavities because of it's molecular structure, so it actually does something positive as well as sweetening things. i was a bit sceptical about this, but my husband is a dentist and he says there are multiple studies that confirm this. i ordered some on the web the other day and it came to $20 kg delivered by courier. is that a good deal shez?

donkeybrook wrote:

another interesting point about xylitol is that it protects our teeth against cavities because of it's molecular structure, so it actually does something positive as well as sweetening things. i was a bit sceptical about this, but my husband is a dentist and he says there are multiple studies that confirm this. i ordered some on the web the other day and it came to $20 kg delivered by courier. is that a good deal shez?

Hey Brook when you get it can you measure out how many cups are in 1 kg? Would be interesting to see how much you can get out of 1 kg. I think I paid something like $10 for 250g in a healthfood shop
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

I can't help you with your question because I don't know! but I wanted to say welcome Kim :)

Feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you better!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: spelling ().

I have done my 3 day protein only found it a bit hard as not use to eating so often .On the third day we had to go to sunshine coast to pick up a puppy and found it hard to eat as often as i had to stopped at the servo everyone had pies i ended up having a rissole (had some grated carrot in it ):( and a pork rib let then when we got home had to go to town and got home to late to go for a walk so didn't do my 10,000 steps but walked 2 previous days but wouldn't have been 10,000 steps but would have gone very close.I had a headache from day 2 onwards and nothing would shift it .I ended up losing 1kg over these 3 days which i'm happy with .From reading this forum i have found that is within the norm.This morning i really enjoyed my egg on toast and looking forward to having some salad for lunch . One question does anyone know can i have Chinese takeaway as in chicken and veges or beef veges ,Mongolian lamb,beef and black bean etc as I'm hanging for some takeaway .By the way every ones talking about artificial sweetener's i use sugarless and have for a long time as i find sugar to sweet does anyone else use this and is it alright to use.I'm trying to add a ticker but not sure how have created one have copied and paste but wont paste in this forum can some one help thankyou

karen,
      dont stress over the 10,000 steps. it's hard to do but as long as you are doing the 1/2 hour walk you'll be fine. I got headaches on detox as well but found they went after starting weight loss phase. I did have chinese while on BT but you do have to watch what vegies are in it and your portion size. If you can get a carb count it helps heaps. I dont think you can post a ticker until you have had at least 20 posts but ask sherrie as she does all that stuff. Good luck.