Pinned Bodytrim Diet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim Diet

I agree with you Chrysalis, I also don't worry too much about the fats on BT either. For the most part I follow it to the letter but when sourcing recipes for family dinners, I find most of them on low carb websites and they do contain, cream, sour cream, cheese etc, but it hasn't effected my weight loss to day (have lost 2.5 kg's in 2 weeks). If I find my weight loss stalls for quite some time, then I might start dropping the fats back a touch, but until that time comes, I will continue to go the way I am going as it appears to be working! :D

Hi Lynda,
      Thanks for the welcome, I've actually been around for a while now, but mostly I just lurk & learn :D

Hi Spider,
      Sherrie is correct about not skipping the snacks. Not only is it critical to keep your metabolism going, if you don't eat it your calorie intake will be too low and your body will go into starvation mode, but there are also many healthrisks associated with low calorie diets, which you can read more about on this forum and on the web. Once you start snacking your body will get used to it and you will find that you get a little peckish around the time snacktime comes up. The other great thing about the snacks is that it keeps you feeling full all day, so no more 3:30-itis with the dread chocolate cravings anymore. Yay!

Hi TLP,
      I've been very lucky not to have gained anything whilst following BT, despite being a wicked cheater at times. I either don't lose at all, or I lose. Someone mentioned somewhere on this site that each of us has some things that can stall us or make us gain weight and that it can be something different for different people, and I tend to think that's true. For me it's sugar. As little as 1 teaspoon of sugar in my tea can stall me. For DH it's bread and dairy, if he has that extra slice a day he stalls, if he puts butter on it he gains weight. Yet I can eat the extra slice with butter, have that extra dollop of cream in my cofee and keep losing. But heaven help me if I have sugar.:mad:

Interesting enough each of our "stalls" seems to be the one thing we prefer above everything else - the things we'd love to have loads of if allowed - isn't that just so sad? He's big on bread & loves butter, I can't be bothered about bread and although I like butter I won't go out of my way for it. I loooove sugar, yet he can't be bothered about it.
      Start Date 6 Jan 2009I don't want to lose weight fast, I want to lose weight forever

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pop by and say hi. :)

After quite a bit of research on BT and low carb lifestyles in general, I have just purchased the BT system and plan to start on Thursday.

I have just finished watching the DVD's and am now going through the book and am at the planning my shopping list and meals stage!!

I am little aprehensive about the detox - I know its only 3 days but I love my vegies :D....I couldn't care less about fruit so at least that's not going to be a hassle! How did you all cope with this stage? Anyone have any good snack suggestions?

I haven't been able to read all the 100+ pages of this thread, so bear with me if I cover stuff that has already been asked :o

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all :)

Tarzi

Hi Tarzi, and welcome!

BT is the BEST thing I have ever done for myself! I actually didn't think I would be able to do the program because of the 3 day detox (I am not a huge fan of meat and I really could become a vegetarian quite easily!) But I made it through with flying colours! It was no where near as hard as I had anticipated. I was a little tired and headachy for a bit, but other than that I wasn't hungry and my bloating went away.

Here is an example of what I ate on a detox day:

7am - 100g cottage cheese mixed with sugarfree maple syrup, topped with diet jelly

10am - 50g rissole topped with low carb dip (my fave is wattle valley sundried tomato or roasted capsicum)

1pm - 100g beef pattie topped with low carb dip

4pm - protein shake (mixed with water and 1 tsp flax seed oil)

7pm - 100g steak topped with 1 tsp dijon mustard

9pm - 100g cottage cheese mixed with sugarfree maple syrup, topped with diet jelly

I hope this is of some help to you and good luck with your journey! I am sure you will not be disappointed! :)

Thanks TLP its good to know that you got through the detox without going through hell!

I love the cottage cheese & jelly suggestion. I will have to use that one:)

I was thinking those flavoured tins of tuna would be easy when you're out and about so I will stock up on those too.

I guess it's like anything really - planning is important :)

You are so right there Tarzi! (My name is actually Tarni!) Planning is definately key on the BT program (especially since you can eat between 6-12 times a day!) I am always keeping pre-cooked meats in the freezer and fridge ready to reheat and eat! My faves are rissoles, meatballs and kebabs and they wonderful thing is that you don't even have to make them yourself! I buy mine all premade from Woolworths! It is only $4.99 for a pack of 8 rissoles! You just have to watch the carbs contents of some of the flavours though.

It is great that you love tuna. I hate all seafood unfortunately, but BT would be so much easier for me if I liked tinned fish! It is just so convenient! Oh well, where there is a will there is a way, so I think i'll stick to my meatballs!:D

Hi Tarzi & Tarni,

Tinned Tuna is ok, as long as you watch the carb content because some are more full of carbs & flavouring than Tuna. Also, don't bargain on them for your Omega oils as the Tuna is stripped of it's oils before it's canned. If you must eat Tuna, keep taking your fish oil tablets. I buy Mackarel in tomato sauce, Pilchards and Sardines in tins, also Salmon. They've still got their Omegas and even though the taste is a bit stronger they're still nice.

Sherrie told me about the Tuna and when I checked it out I found it was even worse than I thought as no-one even recognises canned Tuna as a source of Omegas - that's how poor they perform.

Try not to eat processed protein on the detox if you can help it as it can make you feel shaky and sick. This has happened to several people on BT. Processed meat also often contains sugar and is high in salt and the whole idea of the detox is to deplete your sugar and carb stores. Remember LC doesn't mean boring. Protein is yummy and it's up to you to make it interesting also. Time to show your hand at good cooking.

I love LC not only because it's helped me lose 11 kg without pain or starvation, but also because I know it's healthy for me and I love good food. You don't get any better than a decent meal consisting of protein and veg done up nicely.

Rissoles are a fave for me too, but I make them myself as I find they are a good way to increase my fibre intake without compromising on carbs. Staying regular can be hard on LC eating plans. I take Phylum husk, mix it with the liquid I'm using in my rissoles and add it to the meat before making the rissoles. Phylum husk doesn't count as carb because it's just fibre.

Also make sure you drink your 2l of water per day. It's important to help flush out toxins and keep your kidney functions optimal. Also helps prevent constipation.

LC is really great and it works. I have read some interesting studies on it and all of the people on this type of eating plan lost weight and kept it off as long as they stayed on LC and didn't start cramming in the carbs again. I have recently had a very good example in this with my eldest son. He was back home from uni with his new gfriend who is a vegan. Since he's been dating her (1 mth) she's been cooking for them and their diet is mainly pasta and veg with some soft cheese for protein. On BT he lost 5kg in 2.5 months and was on his goal weight, since eating H/C he has picked up 2kg (in one month! :eek:) and she was telling me about her battle to lose weight since going vegan.

Certainly you can eat L/C as a vegan, but it is hard and takes good planning. Most vegetarians and vegans eat way too many carbs and way too little protein.

By the way Tarzi, most of us on BT (and loving it) don't do it Low Fat. I know the program says trim fat off meat etc, but it also says fats (except for trans fats) are required by your body for it's processes and health. So don't go the very low fat way and starve yourself as some have done. It gives a mixed message in the books and DVD's and I believe the BT program, like the new Atkins, is trying to be politically correct and draw more people by downplaying the fat side of the eating plan. Personally I still don't go overboard on the saturated fats, but I eat butter and drink fc milk and add cream to my curries. I eat the fat on my meat if I feel like it etc.a nd I am still losing weight. I have read a bit about it (both on the forum and in medical texts) and there has been no conclusive research done that proves a correlation between eating fat and heart disease. In fact LC diets have been linked to better cholesterol levels.

Dr Sylvan Lee Weinberg (Director of Medical Education at The Dayton Heart Hospital) published his critique on the diet-heart hypothesis in 2004 in the Journal of the Americal College of Cardiology about just that subject and if you go looking for it, it makes very good reading and is very pro-LC (which is probably why it's been buried).
      Start Date 6 Jan 2009I don't want to lose weight fast, I want to lose weight forever

The husks are good but you should be careful with them. The main problem is that they are too good in that they will interfere with the absorption of nutrients as well as medications and supplements. It is best to keep them away from any main meals and supplements/medications. It is suggested a 2 hour window either side.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi Tarni and Chrysalis

I didn't know that about the Tuna - will check the labels before buying. I love all seafood so will look at sardines and salmon etc too.

Chrysalis, it is going to be a challenge to retrain myself about LF. I have been buying LF everything for so long...and I have a weight problem. Go figure! Don't worry, I am not going to try and attempt to do BT low fat. I really do need to get off the LF merry-go-round. Small steps I guess. I do recall one of the BT DVD's and Geoff saying not to use LF salad dressings - use the normal ones or some oil. I went and checked my salad dressings - I have about 5 in the fridge, all LF and all full of sugars and carbs. With regards to fat on meat, the only fat I can handle is Chicken skin (can't resist a bit of that!) All other meat fat - doesn't agree with me, so I will be cutting it off anyway.

Sherrie, thanks for the tip about the husks. I already have some benefibre in the cupboard so will use that first.;)

Anyway, I have about 18 kgs to lose and feel confident that I can make LC a lifestyle. Tarni and Chrysalis, its so good to hear about the success you are having with BT :)

Hi

My name is Taryn and I have been reading this forum a bit but this is my first post.

I have been doing BT for 3 weeks now. I LOVE it and it really suits my lifestyle. I have found it the easiest program. I previously did TF but this suits me better and I like eating real food! And love my free days!

I dont have a lot of weight to lose. Before starting BT my weight would fluctuate and I found myself at 68.4kg. I am very short so for me I was not happy at all at that weight. It seemed like after each child I permanently gained a couple of kilos that would not budge! I have lost 5.5kg in 3 weeks and am feeling great. I would still like to lose another 5kg though.

I have a question about the peanut butter cookies that we can have (sometimes) on BT. They give you the recipe but dont tell you how much you can have for a snack. Does anyone have any ideas?? I have been searching the web but I am not a member of the BT website so I cant ask on there.

Anyway happy Bodytrimming everyone!
      :D

Actually went in and had a look anyway but can't find a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies. Is that what they were called?
      I found this one for Protein Balls - is that the one you meant?

Protein Balls
      Note these recipes should be looked at in the same way as a protein bar. Use in moderation as over use will slower results

Serves: 2-3 40-50g per serve

Preparation time: 25mins

Ingredients:
      2 tbsp of natural crunchy peanut butter
      2 tbsp of low fat butter
      1/4 cup of Splenda or Xylitol
      2 tbsp of chopped almonds
      25-30g scoop of low carb high protein powder- natural or vanilla flavor

Method:
      Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave. Mix in sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and nuts and stir until forms a ball. Roll into a ball and knead a bit and separate into even portions. Refrigerate until firm

[IMG:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wBNvBCc/weight.png]

"The most important person to be honest with is yourself"

Welcome Taryn :)

Not sure about the peanut butter cookies either, except that I wopuld think they are a maintenance thing, as BT says to avoid nuts during weightloss phase.

That said Ive been known to have the odd spoonful of Melrose Almond Spread (basically 100% pureed roast almnds) with no effect on weight loss at all. Its yummier than PB imo.

They are very similar! But my one had 1 cup of protein powder - not sure how much it weighs though and no almonds. So with the recipe above - do you just weigh them (50gms) and then eat?? Which reminds me I better go and have a snack now!

Thanks for helping shez.

PS : They are called Chunky peanut Butter Biscuits!

I got it from the Bodytrim forum when I was a member! And it says for both weightloss and maintenance but just like the protein bars use in moderation!

Thanks Lynda!

Oh I just had one to try and its really not very nice at all. Thought it might be a good snack for after dinner as that is the hardest part. Oh well better go and boil some eggs or something ;)

Okay found it! So a serve is 40-50grams of cookies. Probably just 1 or 2 but weigh them after you made them and find out.

Chunky peanut butter biscuits

Note these recipes should be looked at in the same way as a protein bar. Use in moderation as over use will slower results

Serves :

Makes approx 20 cookies

use cookies as protein food and use weight accordingly for females or males 40-50g servings

Preparation Time : 30mins

Ingredients:
      1 cup low carb high protein powder (vanilla whey preferred)
      1/2 cup splenda
      1/2 tsp baking powder
      1 dash salt
      1/6 cup melted butter
      1/4 cup natural peanut butter
      1 tsp vanilla essence
      2 eggs
      1 cup chopped unsalted peanuts -- crushed

Method:
      Mix, will be more of a thick batter than a dough. Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F-180°C for 8 minutes.

Adjustments
      This recipe is fine for both the weight loss and weight maintenance phases

For all recipes splenda is just a recommendation for a sweetener. Anything can be used that is either a sugar free sweetener or artificial sweetener. Artificial sweetener use will lower total carbs in all recipes.

[IMG:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wBNvBCc/weight.png]

"The most important person to be honest with is yourself"

Hi and welcome Taryn!

I have been on BT for 3 weeks also (currently in the middle of my 4th week) and prior to this I had attempted Tony Ferguson again also.....never had much luck on that as I was always hungry :( Didn't stop me from trying it about 5 times over though! You have done really well losing 5.5kg's in 3 weeks when you don't have much to lose! You must be a good girl on your free days, me on the other hand.....:eek: I want to lose about 20-27 kg's and have no doubt I will do it on the BT program :) Good luck!