Low Carb Chocolate and Pecan Brownies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Chocolate and Pecan Brownies

Okay here is my first attempt at brownies, next batch I will tone it down a little and keep going until I am happy. Would like to get the carb count down more. I don't have all the nutritional info yet because I forgot to weigh the almond meal so keep that in mind.

This is a Karen Martini brownie recipe that I have converted, I have not used as much splenda as she does in sugar as I find splenda a lot sweeter and ever since LC, even normal high carb recipes I always use less sugar then supposed to, as I now find them too sweet. These were a little crumbly, I think I cooked them too long but they were yum and the splenda was not very noticeable.

My next batch will be adapted from a Jamie Oliver Recipe which is similar, you will find it posted here. I also may try adding more pecans next time to spread the carbs out more. I used a small rectangular baking tray and got 16 good size fingers out of this batch. These are very chocolaty so I think they will be fine with less chocolate if needed to reduce carbs.

Low Carb Chocolate and Pecan Brownies

250g Lindt 85%, melted
      250g Butter
      3 free range eggs
      100g Pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
      1 cup Splenda (Granular)
      65g Pure cocoa powder (Home brand from Woolies)
      1/2 cup almond meal
      1/2 tsp baking powder
      pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 190C

Grease baking tray. I used a small retangular tin baking tray, the recipe says to use a 23cm square.

Cream butter and splenda, fold eggs in one at a time mixing in well then add melted chocolate.

Sift together dry ingredients and fold then as well as the chopped pecans into the butter mixture. Pour/spoon into tin and bake for 30-35 mins

Viola, easy peasy!

Edit: I served them with a sprinkle of cocoa powder.

Nutrition info minus the almond meal (will update later):

Total 84.5 carb 66.8g protein 414g fat 4299 cal

Per serve 5.3g carb 4.2g protein 25.9g fat 268 cal
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.