sinders style low carb protein bar

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• sinders style low carb protein bar

i know their is a smilar recipe and this is my tweeking of it and yummo
      my all time favourite

These are quite rich and creamy chocolate bars that melt in your mouth. No glycerine or maltitol, not hidden carbs.

Ingredients:
      • 1 tbsp coco
      3 tbsp butter
      • 6 tbsp whey protein
      • 1 tbsp psyllium husks
      • 1 tbsp unsweetened almond meal
      • 3 tbsp Splenda
      • 1/2 cup whipping cream
      • 1 tbsp peanut butter
      • 1 tsp vanilla extract
      • 1 tsp mint extract (optional)

In a microwave-safe plastic dish, microwave butter for 1 minute on high. It should almost melted or half-way through. Add peanut butter on top and microwave for 1 minute on high. Add cream and microwave for 1.5 minutes on high (make sure the cream starts boiling, it has to be hot, or the bars will become powdery).

Sprinkle the coco powder, psyllium husks first on the hot mixture, this helps solidify the bars. Add the rest of the ingredients on top. Use a hand mixer to mix the entire mixture until uniform. This will be a hard mixture and may get stuck inside the mixers, just sccop it up with a spoon. pour into a tray, i double mixture and put into a slice tin, plave in the fridge unti set, cut and enjoy.

when i double mixture it makes 9 nice size bars

i think its about 3 carbs per bar from memory
      Frezzers really well, and takes no time at all to defrost.
    • Re: sinders style low carb protein bar

Lauren78 wrote:

Oh my god this is so yummy. Out of all the recipes i have made this is my favourite. The only trouble is only eating one. I have just had 3 and have hidden them in the fridge so that i dont have anymore today! Great recipe!

Freeze them they freeze really well. i take oout only a couple at a time.,

if you like this one have a look for my coconut muffins their pretty good too

Thought I'd try this using what I had on hand :eek:
      Substitute the peanut butter for a Macadamia Spread I bought from the health shop (had a lot less carbs in it)
      Substituted Shredded Coconut for the almonds (as I didn't have any prepared)
      All was going well until I added the psyllium husks but as I stirred & tried to blended it - it started to set and separated from the oil/butter that was in the mixture.
      Tried to save it by reheating but I think I cooked it :eek:
      After that it was near on impossible to add the sweetener or vanilla.
      I was able to sample and get an idea on taste, which seemed really nice but next time I don't think I'll add the psyllium husks until I've got the rest of it together.
      Do you think that will work sinders ???
      Maybe all the oil was from the macadamia nut spread ?

Lord, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      and the Wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I may have to kill because they p!$$ me off.

dont see why it wouldnt work that way, just make sure mixture is hot, as it will become powdery also i do mine on stovetop now as i dont have a microwave atm. not sure if it makes a reall difference, but might with heat ,if doing it your way

i just made a fresh batch of these my self, now my mixture is fairly runny, well like a biscuit mixture soft one at that then it sets in the fridge, now when you melt the almond butter does it go runny like peanutbutter, or not maybe thats your prob, either did you double or just make recipe as is?? as maybe if you doubled it you didnt double butter, or cream have done this before myself,

Hi Sinders, No I made according to recipe apart from the substitutes. Stuck to the same quantity and I didn't do a double batch.
      The only thing I can put it down to is the macadamia spread I used instead of the peanut butter.
      Next time I'll stick to the given recipe. :p

Lord, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      and the Wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I may have to kill because they p!$$ me off.

yeah must of been the macadaiuma, as i have substituted coconut for the almond meal before my self, obvuiusly macadaiuma butter, doesnt melt as well, but i would of thought that it would have worked just as well,. Oh well,, we all live amd learn i suppose, note to self not to use maca butter in this recipe