Low Carb Ginger Beer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Ginger Beer

Hi Everyone

Thought I would share one of my recipes for some ginger beer. This makes 2 Litres and is about 6 g of carb per 250ml

2-3 large knobs fresh ginger
      2-3 lemons
      25 splenda tablets (crushed)
      2 Liters refrigerated mineral water (carbonated)

Peel ginger and shred it. Peel lemons and squeeze lemon juice from the lemons. Add lemons peel (zest), lemon juice, crushed splenda tablets and shreded ginger to a jug or bowl and mix until the splenda is dissolved ( I sometimes dissolve the splenda in a little hot water if I am in a rush).

Taste test this as you may want to adjust sweetness at this stage.

Refrigerate for an hour or so to allow flavours to soak through. When ready to serve, add around 2 liters of carbonated mineral water and enjoy.

Jean
    • Re: Low Carb Ginger Beer

YUM thanks for that!!!

I don't drink diet soft drinks at all anymore because of the benzoate so this will come in handy!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.