Low Carb Baked Chocolate Cheesecake

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Baked Chocolate Cheesecake

Okay this is still a work in progress due to my obviously bad baked cheesecake skills but I will get there. This is the second time I have baked a chocolate cheesecake and both times it has developed a wrinkly skin on top despite my cooking it at a lower temperature. But the taste and texture is great, I just want mine to look like everyone elses!

Any tips would be appreciated!

I have found that the best way to eat chocolate cheesecake is by warming your piece in the oven first, really brings out the chocolate flavour but you may prefer it differently, this is how my piece looked before and after it was in the oven:

Before:

After:

Okay I tried to work on a lower carb version then my last one, what I did was stick to 100g of lindt only and added 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa and replaced the granular splenda with tablets.

Note: I ran into a problem so do not have a method set in stone, reason being is I followed a method in another recipe where you heat up the cream, add the coffee powder until dissolved and then add chocolate until just melted and mixed through. But despite me being very careful I managed to both separate and seize it. I think next time I will dissolve the cocoa and coffee powders in say 1/4 cup of boiling water, melt the chocolate over some hot water like I usually do and just add the cream without heating to the cream cheese/egg mixture

Low Carb Baked Chocolate Cheesecake

500g Cream Cheese, softened
      100g lindt 85% dark chocolate
      200ml pure cream
      2 TBL pure cocoa powder (home brand)
      1 teaspoon of instant decaff coffee powder
      37 splenda tablets or preferred sweetener of the equivalent to 3/4 cup of sugar
      3 eggs
      3 egg yolks
      2 tsp vanilla
      Small squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

Crust:

1.5 cups Almond meal
      0.5 cup of hazelnuts roasted and then chopped roughly
      60g butter, melted
      12 splenda tabs

Method

Preheat oven to 160C and grease spring form pan with butter.

Combine almond meal, hazelnuts and melted butter and press tightly into base of springform pan and bake in oven until lightly browned like a biscuit, take out and cool. Keep oven on and add a pan of hot water to the bottom of the oven.

Dissolve coffee and cocoa powders in 1/4 cup boiling water. Melt lindt chocolate.

Beat cream cheese until soft and add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, add splenda, lemon juice, vanilla, cream then add dissolved powders and melted chocolate and stir until just combined.

Tap bowl and draw swirl spoon through the mixture in a S shape to hopefully burst any air bubbles and pour mixture into pan and place on the lower rack of the oven for 1 hour.

Turn oven off and let it cool in oven for a while before removing.

Okay I think I have remembered everything, will work out counts and update shortly.

Enjoy :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.