Protein Shake for Carb Cycling Day

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Protein Shake for Carb Cycling Day

Mark McManus has a recipe for a protein bar that is low fat, high carb and high protein it would suit people doing carb cycling wasn't sure where to post it:

This can be consumed as part of a 40/30/30 bodybuilding diet or on the carb-up portion of a carb-cycling diet. It won’t take you more than 5 minutes to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now.

How To Make A Protein Bar
      The ingredients are simple:

40 grams Rolled Oats
      35 grams Whey Protein (Chocolate is great for this recipe)
      20 ml Honey or ‘Set’ Honey
      20 ml Water
      Instructions
      (1) Add your oats and whey into a bowl and mix together by hand.
      (2) If using ’set’ honey, put into the microwave for 30 seconds to soften
      (3) Drizzle honey onto oats and whey
      (4) Add water to the mixture
      (5) Get your hands in there and mix together thoroughly
      (6) Add more water if necessary but you want to keep this from going to gooey
      (7) Now just shape it into bar form and either eat straight away or refrigerate for an hour or so to harden.

Most commercial protein bars supply around 20 grams of protein and are loaded with sugar. This bar packs in around 35 grams of protein and it won’t cost you nearly as much. Did I tell you it was GORGEOUS!

musclehack.com/low-fat-protein-bar-recipe/
      Weight Loss Goal - to reach 55kg
      Currently doing 12 week body transformation - at 64kg (9kg to goal)
      (Started 27/8/12 at 77.8kg)
    • Re: Protein Shake for Carb Cycling Day

the one I make up jo is 350ml water, some ice, 1 scoop of bioplex plain WPI, 2 tsp chocolate flavour booster, 2 tbsp psyllium husk and a tabsp of light crunchy peanut butter but you can omit the nut butter - occasionally I switch out the choc flavour booster and use strawberry then I add 100g strawberries to it
    • Re: Protein Shake for Carb Cycling Day

I am relatively new to the low carb lifestyle, i absolutely love it. What is the reason for the "carbohydrate refeeding"? I know that when I have planned to have carbs - for an example a wedding on new years, i found that the next day i craved carbs and also felt like i had been run over by a bus.