Savoury Muffins Made With Coconut Flour

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Savoury Muffins Made With Coconut Flour

These are adapted from a seafood muffin recipe in a coconut flour cookbook. I eat them for breakfast with a little mustard and/or mayo. They freeze well. I haven't tried them with tuna, but that might be good too.

Salmon Muffins

Ingredients--Makes Twelve Muffins

12 Eggs
      8 Tablespoons Coconut oil or Butter, melted
      12 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
      2 Cans Salmon (approximately 15 oz or 420 g; regular sized cans)
      Seasoning of choice (onion powder, Old Bay, seasoned salt, etc.)
      Non-stick spray

Instructions

Blend eggs, oil, and seasonings. Add coconut flour a little at a time, mixing until lumps are gone. (I used a mixer). Fold in fish. Spray muffin pans and spoon in mixture, pushing down to get the air out and make them level. Cook at 400 F (205 C) for 15 - 20 minutes.

Nutritional Information

Calories: 338
      Protein: 14 g
      Carbs: 8 g - 5 g fiber = 3 g
      Fat: 5 g
    • Re: Muffins made with Coconut Flour

not really a muffin, but made with coconut turned out lovely

cheese bacon and leek scone slice

1 cup of desicated coconut
      2 cups of almond meal
      1 tsp of baking Powder (
      3 eggs
      ½ cup butter
      3 rashers of bacon sliced
      1 cup of grated cheese
      1 inch piece of leek deiced finely
      2 tbsp of cream cheese
      ½ cup of pureed cauliflower

in a a large bowl add all ingredients, mix well spread onto a tray sprinkle with some extra sliced bacon and grated cheese. and bake 180 degrees for 15 mins, sort of comes out like a savoury scone.