Bodytrim V Atkins?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Bodytrim V Atkins?

I have read through so many posts on this forum ( bad really, I am supposed to be working!!!) and it would seem so many people like atkins and Bodytrim, are they as effective as each other, or is one better if you only have a bit to loose or whatever?
      does anyone have the pros and cons of each one?
      I did atkins a few years ago and lost weight but keep falling off it when try to loose weight with it again...
      Just purchased bodytrim (but waiting for it to arrive...)

I have looked at the Atkins website and it would seem there is a slightly different version of this diet now. Has anyone been on this new version of it, or is the 2002 version (that I did) more effective?

love to know your thoughs on this...

Catz whiskers
      x:)
    • Re: Bodytrim V Atkins?

Sorry I can't help you here, as I have not tried Atkins.

I like the idea of having 2 free meals aweek, so you don't do a "blow-out" and then decide, buggar it, I've went off my diet, and I won't bother going back on it, as I tend to do.

I must say, I didn't think I could give up the wine/beer/rum and coke etc, but so far, so good. (I didn't even have a drink on my free day.):D

To me BT isn't a low carb diet in the real sense of the word. You are allowed some carbs but only in the mornings with some protein. That wouldn't work for me. Also on BT you have free days where you can have 2 cheat meals - that wouldn't work for me either. I don't think I presonally would be able to keep get back on the wagon every week but it works well for some. I am also diabetic so the ups and downs in carbs would play havoc with my BSLs.
      On Atkins I don't feel like I'm on a diet anyway so no need for 'cheat' days.

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wBNvBCc/weight.png]

"The most important person to be honest with is yourself"

With free days, the way I see it is most people go off plan some times so it doesn't really make a difference there. One of the positives with not having planned free meals every week is it gives your body a chance to adapt to a low carbohydrate diet as well as enjoy an over all less restricted diet through to the fact that your fat and protein intake are not limited. Though, they may need to be eventually due to calories but not to the extent of BT. Because of the initial room that Atkins gives calorie wise, it leaves plenty to be cut out later when your closer to goal and no longer in a deficit.

Also by going through the stages you get to learn about how different foods effect you as you introduce them slowly.

The next important thing is meal frequency, with Atkins you are not a slave to frequent meals, some people like frequent meals but a lot of people don't. The only requirement with Atkins is not to go longer then 5 (or 6?) hours without eating.

Then there is lifestyle, one of the biggest mistakes when we go on a new diet is that, 'we go on a diet!' In order to keep the weight off you need to incorporate it into a permanent lifestyle change. You can not go back to the way you ate before that got you fat in the first place or you will just put it back on. You need to learn about low carb, believe it and incorporate it's principles into your lifestyle and when you do add some carbs back in, you let your body be your guide to just how much and what you add in. Now regarding BT and Atkins I think Atkins would logically fit into this better.

That said you have Jojo whom likes BT better.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Many thanks for this information. All of you are so kind to offer support and help.

I guess it has given me a kick up the bum to get back on the low carb way of life. I will start this morning!!!! I am still waiting for my bodytrim kit, so not entirely sure what I can eat on that for the first 3 days, so will do what I know about atkins induction until the kit arrives.

Will let you know my progress.....

This is a really good thread, I have noticed that a few people here are falling off the BT wagon, and are going to Atkins, and I find this really interesting.

I have to say, I love my piece of toast in the morning,(I have always been a toast girl, never a cereal girl) so that is keeping me pretty happy with BT at the moment.

The good thing is if you run into trouble you know where to fall back on rather then back to the old life that helped put the weight on in the first place.

How are you going Catz?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

JulieH wrote:

This is a really good thread, I have noticed that a few people here are falling off the BT wagon, and are going to Atkins, and I find this really interesting.

I have to say, I love my piece of toast in the morning,(I have always been a toast girl, never a cereal girl) so that is keeping me pretty happy with BT at the moment.

I haven't fallen off the BT wagon, I've dumped it, I was sick of feeling constantly tired and constantly hungry

I've seen the light... thank you DR Atkins!!
      My Main Goal

I agree - whatever works, BT works for me but so does any LC diet. I have a lot of wait to lose - Had over 50kg to lose - so to get to over 20kg with BT is amazing for me. It may be for the next 30kg I may shift over to Atkins if I feel I am not lsoing any more. I think my only concern with BT is the lack of fruit, with Atkins its the HIgher fat content which concerns me - either way if I ever get to maintenance level I will probalby remain with a LC lifestyle which I develop to suit me which may have elements of both BT & Atkins

Lately I am having psyllium pancakes made with psyllium, cream and eggs, before that cream cheese muffins oh and last week it was leftover pumpkin cheesecake :)

All recipes in the recipe section.

What's so silly about that question?
      In the past I would have eggs or bacon, omelettes etc but now I usually have last night's leftovers or a shake. Sometimes pancakes, porridge, muffins (but I find the muffins stall me)

[Blocked Image:

Shez wrote:

What's so silly about that question?
      In the past I would have eggs or bacon, omelettes etc but now I usually have last night's leftovers or a shake. Sometimes pancakes, porridge, muffins (but I find the muffins stall me)

I think I have been saying the wrong thing around here lately.:(

I am totally open to trying Atkins if BT does not work out for me.
      I am just a bit lazy in the mornings as I am usually rushing around getting my daughter ready for school and myself ready for work (thank god hubby has already left for work and I don't have to run away after him.:D)

That's not the wrong thing to say :) I just meant there is no such thing as a silly question.
      When I sell my puppies to new people the first thing I say to them is that the only silly question is one that needs an answer and they didn't ask.

I'm not only lazy in the mornings but I'm also not a big breakfast eater which is why I tend to rely on a shake. Not the best choice I could make but at least it's something for breakfast which is better than nothing

[Blocked Image:

Can anyone tell me... what is the difference with all the Atkins books? I was looking on eBay for one and there was a white, red and rainbow coloured book... Totally confused! Are they all basically the same or is one better?

I believe you want the one with the red cover.
      2002 edition.

I also bought a Atkins DVD the other week, I don't think it was all that good. It's more of a selling line for the program. The book is much better.

Lord, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      and the Wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I may have to kill because they p!$$ me off.