Bodytrim V Atkins?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim V Atkins?

Don't think the cover colour matters - mine is white, maybe they are different runs of the same book?
      You need to get the one called "Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution" That's the one we all refer to and call DANDR for short :)

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wBNvBCc/weight.png]

"The most important person to be honest with is yourself"

Yep what Shez said The Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution (DANDR for short) 2002 edition. There are other editions so look for 2002. This is his most recent before he died and appears to be in more then one colour. (mine is white)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: ooops ().

Hello everyone!

thought I would just come back and say hello! Had family ill just before Christmas, so decided to start in earnest in the New year. So Just done the 3 detox.
      I know they say dont weigh yourself everyday, but after two days I lost 5 pounds - water I know but made me smile anyway! I am hoping today to weigh myself in a mo and have lost more.

I am doing the BT thing, but will cross it with the Atkins, ie incorporating more fats into it.... years ago I did the Atkins diet - the 2002 version and went from size 16 to 10! But over the last year have tried to do it again but keep falling off the wagon! This is why I thought I would try BT.....

bye for now

Yes definitely easiest to maintain, I maintained my weight loss for at least a year and a half without counting and even adding a little carbs back, personally I found it easy but not everyone does I don't think? weight didn't change minus a 1-2kg max fluctuation (fluid) until I fell pregnant with Maya but the majority of the time I stayed a steady 55kg with some extra carbs but if I went overboard it fluctuated as you'd expect.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Hi Bec,

Sounds easy enough. I am expecting to be on BT for all of 2009 as I have 40kgs to lose, but during that time I am going to read my Atkins book to pieces and study it until it is memorised so that once I start going onto it I'll know what to do. I'm a bit of a fact person myself, so I like to be comfortable with what I am doing.

Atkins doesn't say how much to work out, just that you should do it.

Quote form DANDR 2002

Consider Adopting an Exercise Plan
      If you aren't already exercising, I strongly urge you to start doing so now. Even a half hour of brisk walking four times a week will make a big difference, especially if you are almost completely inactive now. Exercise has enormous benefits for you health, and will speed your weight loss! It's a critical element of the healthy new you, and its importance cannot be underestimated.

Many pages of his book are devoted to exercise.

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wBNvBCc/weight.png]

"The most important person to be honest with is yourself"

The following is Dave's opinion, and not that of this board. The only reason I present this opinion is that I have been dieting longer than most people, and I have been scammed by the best of them.

The optimum human diet is as close to Zero carb (All meat) as you can get. All carbs are unnecessary and damaging in the diet. That being said, it can be hard for people to eat at that point. This is why the Atkins diet is a good system for those who can't give up the carbs. Dr. Atkins knew this. Dr Atkins was fat and needed to lose weight, he did the research and he lost his weight.

My opinion of Body Trim - It's another diet scam. Two cheat meals? This is bad bad bad news. I bet they don't qualify who should be on this? Even if you consult a Doctor - they are always clueless about nutrition.

And finally Dave's last controversial comment: There is no such thing as "if it works for me". That is wishful thinking and poppycock. There is no subjectivity when it comes to the human body, only objectivity. This kind of thinking has arisen because people need various mental ways to starve themselves. Yes your individual diet may be the way to mentally trick yourself into starvation, but you need to realize that starvation is the wrong path.

All Starvation related diets work....in the short term. But the starvation diets have a 100% failure rate in the long term.

Don't believe me? Think long and hard about the starvation diets you have been on (Starvation diets are where you reduce you calories). How successful have you and others been? Even celebs, it may not happen straight away but within 5 years they have gained the weight back. Oprah is a classic example.

Hey Dave I agree with you on most points especially regarding body trim and I think you said it better then I ever could but not the optimal diet point but you already know that :)

In my personal opinion I think the optimal diet is whatever you feel and look healthy at and can live with for the rest of your life.

Personally, I am hungry on just meat and fat or eggs and fat. I have to have dairy or fibre in there for whatever reason and I enjoy something sweet (within reason), it is a primal instinct I was born with. Also I believe women, have a hormonal need for some carbs/fructose in their diet, Bear himself will tell you that is why women were gatherers and would gather berries. I have no idea if men do and it doesn't really matter as our diets should be our own regardless of the status quo so if it works for you and you're healthy on it (I mean actually healthy not euphoria) and enjoy it, good for you I say :)

WOW! I have to say I have been on EVERY diet known to mankind and I must disagree with you Dave :( I have been on the Bodytrim program now for 3 weeks and I have not "starved" at all! I can eat up to every hour if necessary and I don't know many people who would starve without eating for a whole 1 hour period! I truly believe that ALL people are different and what suits one may not suit someone else. Atkins worked for me when I needed to lose about 15kg's for my wedding, but FOR ME it was not sustainable. I was constantly tired and lethargic and also very cranky (ask hubby! LOL!) I did lose weight, but started gaining slowly due to the fat content of the foods I was eating, but BT is working a treat for me as carbs are allowed during the week, but only very minimal during the weightloss phase, it appears to still be enough carbs to get me though my day (and my workouts) without feeling exhausted to the point of passing out! And needless to say hubby is so much happier that I am not cranky anymore either!

Shez said earlier that she couldnt have a free day as it would be too hard for her to stop, but I find that I need a free day and I have no problems at all stopping once it is over (and looking forward to the next one!) and I find myself actually looking forward to my protein only day following my free day! It is a system that manages to keep me "honest" for the rest of the week and it is working as I am losing weight, am never hungry, have more energy than I can ever remember (I have chronic fatigue syndrome) and I am never cranky! It just goes to show just how different we all are. I think as humans, we are all designed to eat low carb, but personal preferences also have to count for something as well. :D

Did you ever move out of Induction? Induction is only 2 weeks, this may have been you're problem especially considering that you were doing weights.

The main problem with BT is simply the calories and fat can get too low, I don't know for sure if it is or a combination of BT itself and peoples interpretation or if it has changed and been improved since but this has happened with some people here which resulted in light headiness and fainting etc

At the end of the day there is no 100% spot on diet for every person. We all have different needs and tastes and what works for some won't work for others. Some people lose weight via calorie counting and swear by it, others just low fat, others go vegetarian, others low carb etc.

It does not really matter at the end of the day, if it works for you then awesome, if it isn't then not so awesome, look for another option until one works.

If any diet is a scam, does that mean that the people who have been successful on it have been scammed out of their fat?