What Sports or Forms of Exercise Does Everybody Do Here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: What Sports or Forms of Exercise Does Everybody Do Here.

I am usually the worst when it comes to exercise and find it really difficult to get myself motivated at all. BUT the last 3 weeks i have been following the C25K program and am absolutely loving it!!! The last week i've also added in some bodyweight exercises every second day too - just easy ones ... push ups, tricep dips, prayer squats and Bavarian split squats.

I'm the opposite of an exercise junky, tho a small part of me does wish my lifestyle would be more so. I do have an exercise bike and the Ab King Pro in my lounge but my 3 & 5 YO's use them more than I do. I would like to get a wii fit, just have to convince the hubby :p

I go mustering on weekends, ride about an average of 5hrs each time. Walk the dogs during the week and was riding to work but have stopped at the moment due to needing the car for work at the moment. Horse riding might look like it doesn't give you much exercise but believe it or not you get a great workout especially when the horsy doesn't want to stop when the cattle want to run, it is a good all over work out!

I do BodyPump x 3 days a week and I run/sprint 3 days a week for 6ks. I also use the stationery bike and have just purchased some kettlebells. I have a workshop on these on the 8th May for 3 hours. On Sunday I play badmington for 2 hours! :D

I do resistance twice a week. One Pump class and resistance training at home

For cardio I try and do 1hr and 20 min walk a day. If I can fit it in, I'll go to the gym and do 20 mins cross trainer, followed by half hour on treadmill, then another ten on cross trainer. Im usually spent by the end of that session as when I started I could only do 5 mins on an x trainer because of my lungs. Now thanks to my increase of fitness I can do 20mins no problem. Yay!!:)

I know I need to do more...I walk my crazy dog....but I havent been doing much of that over summer and I can feel it...but today its cooler and cloudy so we shall do a few blocks and start again daily
      You don't need eyes to see you need vision... Maxy Jazz....Faithless

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

getting my own cross trainer for christmas really made a huge change for me, angel.... i just love the thing. in the beginning i was the same and could only do 5 minutes :D.

now i'm running into difficulties though. i've really gotten used to doing it daily, but i need to spend at least about 40 minutes now to really feel "worked out", sometimes even more. the problem is, doing that daily often leaves me way to exhausted, but on the other hand, if i take days off exercising, i feel like something is missing and my mood isn't quite the same :(

any suggestions anyone?

thanks,
      lea
      - Thought creates reality and then says I didn't do it! -

Hi lea

Well done!! I would love to be able to last that long on a x trainer. Is there a resistance lever on your x trainer? Could you do it for less time but increase the resistance? Even though you're doing the same exercise, the change in resistance will shock your body into thinking its doing something different.

Alternatively, if your body is gettin used to it, I would probably only jump on it every second day, so when you do get on it, you will feel it more. On the alternative day to the cross trainer you could do a powerwalk or an exercise dvd.

On the days when I want to change things up a bit I downloaded a bunch of dvds like Zumba, les Mills Body pump, Les Mills body combat. All these challenge my body in different ways and burn so many cals!!

Angel33 wrote:

oh and I also forgot to mention that I understand about feeling like somethings missing when you take a day off from exercise. I couldnt do my walking etc for 3 days because I was sick and my mood was very flat, I wasnt happy at all!!

i can imagine, and... i never thought this could happen to me, being a "no exercise person whatsoever" up to my mid thirties! amazing what we can get used to... :rolleyes:

i can change the resistance and/or the program of the x trainer, but i really prefer the interval training and find it most effective. i tried the every other day schedule with dvds on the intermediate days, but i've not found anything that i enjoy... do you have a source for zumba downloads? i've not tried that yet...

thanks!
      lea
      - Thought creates reality and then says I didn't do it! -

I play soccer, training once a week and then games on sunday. I am also waiting on a treadmill to arrive so I can FINALLY walk everyday. Its constantly dark and wet now that its winter, so very hard to walk otherwise.

If I ever get the chance I also like to do boxing, I find it really gets the blood pumping :)

I do Nia dance/exercise class twice per week. (It goes for 1 hour)

I must get some walking in as well then I feel that my routine is complete.

Nia is wonderful because you are having so much fun exercising and the hour just rushes by so quickly! :D

Grace753 wrote:

I do Nia dance/exercise class twice per week. (It goes for 1 hour)

I must get some walking in as well then I feel that my routine is complete.

Nia is wonderful because you are having so much fun exercising and the hour just rushes by so quickly! :D

What is Nia? I have never heard of that... :)