What Sports or Forms of Exercise Does Everybody Do Here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: What Sports or Forms of Exercise Does Everybody Do Here.

Hi there, I have just order Zumba, it looks really good. But not spoken to anyone else who does it! How do you find it, does it really help you loose weight in a fun way? how quickly does it start to work? I am just starting again on the BT system and so want something to go with it....Would be interested to hear your comments.xx
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Postman Was Delicious!

I used to do Kunalini yoga, about to start again (he he hope this time I can change my way of life, exercise and low carb! worked couple of years ago but fell off the wagon.)

Anyone else do this or any other type of yoga?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Postman Was Delicious!

Dani:) wrote:

What is Nia? I have never heard of that... :)

Dani it's fusion exercise, consisting of some jazz dance, little bit of martial arts, yoga, core balance, a little bit of drama, sounding, singing and lots and lots of fun. :)

You get a great work-out and the time just flys by. I find I can't wipe the smile off my face and I've met some lovely people.

Here's a link so you can read about it yourself.
      niaaustralia.com.au/

Best,
      Grace

I'm basically a lazy person and to get my behind (and the rest of me!) moving I joined Curves and while I enjoyed it and the other girls are lovely and very friendly I stopped going after a few months as I saw no results. I couldn't follow their low fat reduced carb diet, I was always hungry and therefore always falling off the wagon and my body was sore. Not just aching muscles but sore joints esp my left hip. So now I just walk. I should do more but like I said, I'm lazy hehe

Swayzesmum...if you are hungry all the time just eat every hour and a half, but make sure its just protein, like a boiled egg, or 1 chevup(sausage) or 50grms of deli meat. I did that when I started on BT and it was a lifesaver. Walking is good. Keep it up.:D

In August I discovered swimming. I have been going 5-6 days a week. I could never swim freestyle, couldn't master the breathing but by golly, I am starting to get the hang of it. I can do 30m now, and I have my own gogles and flippers and today I bought a snorkel, which means I can do my kickboard laps head down and bum up!

I am now up to 30 laps 3 days a week (16 kickboard & 14 breastroke - almots up to 15 & 15) in 90 mins, and the other 3 days 20 laps mixed and 30 mins walking in the water and aquarobic exercises.

I have noticed a big increase in muscle tone and mobility (I am not as puffed and pained as previously in legs and back after walking up stairs). And walking is much easier. As stated in my journal I have lost 10kgs and 44.5 cms since mid-August. I recommend it to the really heavy people or anyone with an injury.

Once I get down to 100kgs I'll start to mix some walking in to give me wight bearing exercise for my old bones, but for the moment swimming is it for me, and I can see myself doing it for life. There is a 78 yr old lady at the pool who is unbelievable, she goes for her daily 20 laps (1km) and just flies through them! And looks at least 125 yrs younger than her age.
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!

I was walking my dogs every day but since summer and the heat has started it's stopped. (BAD EXCUSE!!! such a cop out boo hiss) For the last week I've kept saying I'll get up with the husband (530am) and take a walk before it gets too hot out. Yeah that's working well.....:rolleyes:

So I plan to stop wimping out and just make myself get up early to take that walk. I know once I'm up I'll enjoy it and so will my poor bored dogs. Also plan to start the body for life weight lifting program once I get out of my two week re-induction. I love how strong and fit lifting weights makes me feel.

I'm trying to work out the best mix of exercise (that won't make things worse!)

I try to go for a walk 3-4 times a week - 30-60 min - I used to walk 60 min every day, but since Alison Baden-Clay's murder my husband doesn't like me walking at night (me either:()

I work part time & can't leave the kids at home, (& I'm not a morning person!) so I try to make the walks part of my day - leave the car near school & walk home, or walk to Woolworths when I'm only buying 1-2 items.

I also try to do my Tracy Anderson mat routine - usually I struggle to do this for the full hour (actually I ALWAYS struggle to find a full hour!) so I do an abbreviated version for my arms - 10 minutes - & it makes me feel good.

So many mums from my children's school go to the gym every day - but I must admit I'm scared I wouldn't have the stamina for full body pump/step/attack/zumba program.

'Just Dance' on the Wii for 40 min (with lots of water breaks!) is about my limit. Plus I found before I went on my LC diet - I'd end up ravenous from vigorous exercise - overeat - then exercise more - well, you get the picture!

Just wish I knew if I'm doing enough! Want to enjoy exercise, not be a slave to it!:confused:

Yes you should be fine particularly being the start of your journey. If you get stuck later you can always ramp things up then.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Cardio workout in the morning is good for our body. You can jog every morning around the park or in your place. You can do workouts at home too. Just spend 30 minutes in your treadmill or stationary bike. You can feel the your heart rate is up and you feel good also when you perspire. Also hydrate your body skin. Just drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.