Almond Biscuits

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Almond Biscuits

Almond Biscuits

Ingredients :

125g butter (unsalted would be best)
      1 - 1.5 cups ground Almonds
      0.5 cup chopped walnuts
      0.5 cup splenda or to taste
      2 tsp cinnamon
      1 tsp ground cloves
      1 egg
      1/3 cup flaxmeal

Method :

Preheat oven to about 190-200.

Soften butter, and use electric mixer to blend butter, spices, and splenda until creamed. Add egg and beat well. Add Flaxmeal. Mix in as much ground almonds as needed to make a firm dough. Then mix in walnuts last. Adjust spices to suit your preferences.

Grease or spray oven trays. Put walnut sized balls of dough on tray and flatten slightly with a fork. They will spread a bit. Bake until browned, about 10-12 minutes. Don't let them burn, (oops!).

These biscuits need to be put on a cooling rack, and are quite crisp and fragile. But the crumbs still taste good!.

Of course all flavours can be made from the basic recipie, and instead of walnuts leave them plain and put half a blanched almond on top of each one. With the addition of some cocoa I think chocolate is a possibility, but I haven't tried that yet. Or add orange or lemon essence and rind.....

As far as I can tell minus fibre count the carbs should be 42 for the whole mix. Should be able to get a biscuit per carb, I think.

If you can use another sweetener the carbs can be significantly reduced. The splenda alone is about 17 carbs. I am about to experiment with stevia soon in cooking and will let you know how it goes.

Good Luck !
      ----- Kosmos -----