Low Carb Nut Bars? Anyone know a Recipe?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Nut Bars? Anyone know a Recipe?

Some, (unknown) person made a stash of nut bars for a luncheon that I attended recently - they were very nice, and I'm positive they were low-carb - not sweet, but not bitter - nothing that set my insulin into a spin, anyhow.

Any recipes out there for low-carb nut bars? I had a quick look, but couldn't find any.

Thanks!
      Linda

Protein Power Gal!

------------------------------------------------

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/cartoonblob01/kg/104/67/98/.png]
    • Re: Low Carb Nut Bars? Anyone know a Recipe?

Hi Love2lose :) Below is a recipe called Choc Nut Bars, a recipe by Sambalam.

I have it written in my book to try but haven't made it myself yet. But it sounds very very nice.

You can find other nut bar type recipes that may be more what you are looking for by Looking under the 'Index to Low Carb Recipes '
      Then look in 'Protein bars' and also 'Cookies'.
      Good Luck & sorry if you've already looked there :)

sambalam
      Member Join Date: Apr 2003

Choc Nut Bars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i found this recipe somewhere, i should try to record the links

2 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
      30g square unsweetened chocolate
      1/2 cup butter
      120g cream cheese
      30g chopped walnuts (or you can use pecans or any low carb nut you like)
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      1 teaspoon peanut butter
      1/4 cup Splenda (or 12 tablets)

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave and mix together very well. Add splenda and vanilla, mix well again. Now add nuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder dissolves into the mixture. Now place in a baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. (Using a rectangular casserole dish works great here.) When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars.

Makes 8 bars.

Are you meaning a protein type bar or one of those nut bars that are usually mostly just nuts and honey?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

I am thinking you could possibly do it with some nuts and sugar free syrup, perhaps sugar-free maple syrup or a combination.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Been thinking about this, what I would do, is use a mix of nuts and some seeds like I do in my muesli recipe and then maybe mix in some syrup and coconut oil?

The trick will be getting the right combination so they stay stuck together.

I just came across this in the recipe section and thought it might be a good one for you to try :)

Nut Spice Protein Bars

90 g Protein Powder
      3 tsp baking powder
      8 tsp Splenda
      4 medium eggs,
      1/4 cup vegetable oil
      1/4 cup water
      1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
      1 tbsp vanilla extract
      1 tbsp cinnamon
      1 tsp nutmeg
      Mix dry ingredients. In seperate bowl mix eggs, oil, extracts. Beat well and add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
      Add water. Should be wet like cake mix. Pour in sprayed pan. Bake at 325F degrees 15-25 minutes.
      Makes 8 bars; Approx 3 g carbs per bar

Hope it is what you are after , or a nice one to try atleast

All the best
      :)Daisy
      DAISY

Small steps to a healthy lifestyle....here we go