another cauliflower soup

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• another cauliflower soup

Made this on the weekend and love it. It is very similar to other cauliflower soups in here, but as I dont like cream, I have ommitted that and added some butter (and a nice sprinkle of chilli powder just gives it a lift). As usual, I am not really good with precise measurements, but here goes.

3/4 of a cauliflower (used the rest to make a pizza for lunch - yum)
      2 cubes of frozen spinach (I like the ALDI stuff)
      1 litre chicken stock
      mixed herbs
      chilli powder
      about 30-40gm butter
      bacon

cut up cauliflower and add to chicken stock. Bring to boil, add mixed herbs, and simmer for about 25 minutes. After 15 mins add the spinach. When cauliflower is cooked, blend the mixture. Add butter, chilli powder and salt and pepper to taste.

Cook a couple of rashers of bacon, chop them up and add to the soup when serving.

Enjoy :)
      cheers Hen