Bodytrim for men!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim for men!

Welome Bradders,
      Not many guys around at the moment but we hope you'll stick around anyway. :D
      We're a very helpful bunch so hope we can give you the support you need.

Cheers

Lord, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      and the Wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I may have to kill because they p!$$ me off.

Hello men BTers, and the ladies as well.

I've just joined tonight and will try to keep this thread in use for the men on here as long as we don't mention the rugby. A bit late on this side of the world so I'll sign off for now and hope to post tomorrow.
      Jimjohn.

Hi again,
      I'm back with a few queeries if anyone can help.

I normally chew sugar free gum at work in the week, but looking at the pack its full of carbs, will this affect me or is the quantity too small.

Cheese gets mentioned here and there, does this have to be less than 10g per 100g of carbs and can you get this or is it only soft cheese, I often make something called mock crab that needs cheese and was hoping I could still have it but might have to experiment with the types of cheese. It also has tomatoes, do these count as a fruit or am I ok with my meals.

I saw a video of a promo on youtube with what looked like bread wraps filled with chicken and salad. All the wraps I've seen are 40-50g of carbs per 100g. Is there a certain one that falls within the allowance.

Free meals, I'm sure I saw on a thread somewhere that these could used on seperate days, could someone please confirm this one way or the other.

Last but not least.............. I'll try and keep this clean, day 4 and still no number 2. I've just taken some calfig a natural laxative. Is this ok or do I need some fibre supplement for any other reason.

Thanks for any advice given, sorry it's a bit much to start with but I'm last in line for the book so might get my answers here first.

Day1 14st 6lb
      Day4 13st 13lb

Things going well so far

jimjohn

A bit of a blip at the end of the 1st week, but I can't grumble at losing 6lb (2.7kg) in a week. I'll be a little better organised next week, but the only changes I plan are;

1. not as much dreeing on salad.

2. organise menu on sunday

3. drink more water

I think I need the 3 litres rather than 2.

1st beer for a week tonight, I hope to take it steady:).

A good start to the week on the scales.
      3lb(1.4kg) and 0.5% fat loss.

I managed to measure my dressing on the salad(I was putting more on than I should).
      I didn't get my weekly menu sorted, but I've been busy so I'll let myself off.
      I went for a morning walk on Sunday after the beer on Saturday night. Must be that what's got my metabolism started this week.

I've been having some michelob ultra's.
      It's the only one the local supermarket stocks but it does the job.

Just an update on my last couple of weeks.

Day1 14st 6 lb (91.6kg) Body Fat% 29.4 Hydration% 52.2
      Day8 14st 1 lb (89.4kg) Body Fat% 28.4 Hydration% 52.8
      Day15 13st12 lb (88.0kg) Body Fat% 27.2 Hydration% 54.1

jimjohn

hi guys, just wondering if you could help me out with afew questions...
      i started BT today and so did my husband. now i dont actually have the BT booklets so its all down to guess work but for females its 100g main meals and 50gm snacks. what is the amout for men? and these low carb beers is that only for your "free" day?
      cheers

kbucks wrote:

hi guys, just wondering if you could help me out with afew questions...
      i started BT today and so did my husband. now i dont actually have the BT booklets so its all down to guess work but for females its 100g main meals and 50gm snacks. what is the amout for men? and these low carb beers is that only for your "free" day?
      cheers

Hi kbucks
      Yeah for men the snacks can be 50-100gm and the main's 100-150gm.
      During the first few weeks you might find he will want the full protein portion, but as time goes on, he will naturally just reduce that. Once you have finished your 3 days of detox, make sure that you fill him up with vegetables in the form of steam or salad, which is pretty much unlimited. If he has a sweet tooth, make up some sugarfree jelly for after dinner.

It makes it much easier then to hold out for the free day every week. Alcohol is not allowed while you are losing weight, unless it is on your free day. He/you can have 2 meals on that day which can consist of pretty much anything you like. Just make sure you still have a normal meal for the other one, plus your 3 protein snacks... and drink the water.

Its pretty easy once you get into it. Just be prepared. Always 1 day ahead, so you dont get caught out !!

Good luck.

dedicated wrote:

Hi kbucks
      Yeah for men the snacks can be 50-100gm and the main's 100-150gm.
      During the first few weeks you might find he will want the full protein portion, but as time goes on, he will naturally just reduce that. Once you have finished your 3 days of detox, make sure that you fill him up with vegetables in the form of steam or salad, which is pretty much unlimited. If he has a sweet tooth, make up some sugarfree jelly for after dinner.

It makes it much easier then to hold out for the free day every week. Alcohol is not allowed while you are losing weight, unless it is on your free day. He/you can have 2 meals on that day which can consist of pretty much anything you like. Just make sure you still have a normal meal for the other one, plus your 3 protein snacks... and drink the water.

Its pretty easy once you get into it. Just be prepared. Always 1 day ahead, so you dont get caught out !!

Good luck.

thanks for that dedicated, sounds like youre really doing well yourself. think if we can both get over the first couple of days it will be a whole lot easier.
      cheers:D

Man's dilemma.

A bit of fun but perhaps a little hint of seriousness to it!!

Just found a website called CalorieKing.com.au. It has nutritional values for many types of beer as well as plenty of foods (I cannot attest to the accuracy of the data). I spent a fair bit of time looking at Coopers beers (my local brewery).

Anyway, it states that for example, Coopers Premium Lager has a total of 4.1g carbs and 116 calories for each stubby of beer and that a jug (1.14L) has a total of 12.5g carbs and total of 353 calories.

Just for the sake of comparison, a slice of bread (our allowed morning intake of carbs) has a total of 11.2g of carbs and a total of 62 calories.

Now, BT states that we must always have at least equal or more protein with our carbs in order to maintain the ketogenic aspects of the diet. So, if I only eat lean protein with 0% carbs for all the meals throughout the day, so that my food intake is essentially PO, do my 10,000 steps and then with my dinner or throughout the course of an evening, consume 2 jugs of beer for a total of 25g carbs and 706 calories, how much damage do you think it would do to the BT diet?

I understand that it is not strictly compliant as the carbs are being eaten at night. However the complex carbs contained in salads and veg can still have some carbs in it (i.e. 200g mixed green salad with dressing has 3.2g of carbs) so times x 2 with lunch and dinner gives you a total of 6.4g carb plus the toast in the morning still gives you 17.6g carbs on a BT compliant day) Similarly, alcohol is not recommended in high doses on BT.

Question is, can it be done without affecting the weight loss?

It's not something I will necessarily do but, the dream is still there!

Any thoughts,

Regards,

G

Man's dilemma.

A bit of fun but perhaps a little hint of seriousness to it!!

Just found a website called CalorieKing.com.au. It has nutritional values for many types of beer as well as plenty of foods (I cannot attest to the accuracy of the data). I spent a fair bit of time looking at Coopers beers (my local brewery).

Anyway, it states that for example, Coopers Premium Lager has a total of 4.1g carbs and 116 calories for each stubby of beer and that a jug (1.14L) has a total of 12.5g carbs and total of 353 calories.

Just for the sake of comparison, a slice of bread (our allowed morning intake of carbs) has a total of 11.2g of carbs and a total of 62 calories.

Now, BT states that we must always have at least equal or more protein with our carbs in order to maintain the ketogenic aspects of the diet. So, if I only eat lean protein with 0% carbs for all the meals throughout the day, so that my food intake is essentially PO, do my 10,000 steps and then with my dinner or throughout the course of an evening, consume 2 jugs of beer for a total of 25g carbs and 706 calories, how much damage do you think it would do to the BT diet?

I understand that it is not strictly compliant as the carbs are being eaten at night. However the complex carbs contained in salads and veg can still have some carbs in it (i.e. 200g mixed green salad with dressing has 3.2g of carbs) so times x 2 with lunch and dinner gives you a total of 6.4g carb plus the toast in the morning still gives you 17.6g carbs on a BT compliant day) Similarly, alcohol is not recommended in high doses on BT.

Question is, can it be done without affecting the weight loss?

It's not something I will necessarily do but, the dream is still there!

Any thoughts,

Regards,

G

Hey Doc G

*another female popping her head in the manly cave*

A BIG part of alot of diets is not having carbs at night because you dont burn them off

So you have 17g carb in the morning (for instance)
      walk 10,000 steps - burn the most readily avaialble source of energy (carbs)
      no carbs at night
      sleep - body isn't storing the carbs

on the other hand

you walk 10,000 steps
      have no carbs
      eat 17g carbs at night
      sleep

Your body is then using its 'rest' period to try and process those carbs. Not doing the exercise/day to day activity that uses up that energy your body will store it in case of emergency for future use (aka - fat!). Its all to do with what your body uses for energy and how.

Have C+Ped this which might explain better than me.
      Your body uses the protein you eat to make lots of specialized protein molecules that have specific jobs. For instance, your body uses protein to make hemoglobin, the part of red blood cells that carries oxygen to every part of your body. Other proteins are used to build cardiac muscle. What's that? Your heart! In fact, whether you're running or just hanging out, protein is doing important work like moving your legs, moving your lungs, and protecting you from disease.

Carbohydrates in our bodies

When carbohydrates are in our body, they are being broken down and used as energy. When the body doesn't need to use the carbohydrates for energy, it stores them into the liver and muscles. When carbohydrates are stored in your liver and muscles, it is called glycogen. When the liver and muscles cells cannot store anymore glycogen, it is turned into fat.
      When your body needs a quick boost of energy, it converts glycogen into energy. When it needs a prolonged burst of energy, it converts fat to energy.

So sleeping doesn't burn energy which eventually means your body makes 'long term storage' of it.

So while technically you are consuming the same amount of carbs. You are consuming them in the wrong way so wouldn't lose the same amount of fat.

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiLVEx9/weight.png]

Mini Goals
      16 June (4.5 weeks) Ian McKellen on stage: Goal weight: 69kg (5.8kg in 4.5 weeks)
      21 July (+ 5 weeks) Friends baby shower: 64kg (5kg in 5 weeks)
      11 Aug (+3 weeks) Dads 60th: 61kg (3kg in 3 weeks)
      26 Sept (6.5 weeks) Brothers birthday: 56kg GOAL (5kg in 6.5 weeks)