Low Carb Lemon Swirl Cheesecake

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Lemon Swirl Cheesecake

I made another low carb cheesecake today like the chocolate swirl cheesecake, it is exactly the same as the chocolate Swirl cheesecake except I replaced the chocolate for homemade low carb, lemon curd, yummy :)

Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Recipe

Now I am just cutting and pasting the previous recipe and just changing the chocolate to lemon, otherwise it is the same. I want to make note that, this time I used half splenda tabs and half xylitol and I did not use as much as the recipe states. I found the sweeteners combined were much sweeter (at least for me) so if you do it that way add sweetener gradually to taste and remember the lemon curd will be sweet unlike the dark chocolate. I can't tell you exactly how much I used as I just combined the xylitol and splenda needed for both the base and batter and then blitzed them in a magic bullet type thing and added to taste. I would've had 2 spoonfuls left over.

Oh and this one came out creamier then the chocolate swirl one but I have only had it in the fridge for 2 hours so that's probably why!

Low Carb Lemon Swirl Cheesecake

Base:

150g/5.3oz Almond meal (I used bought blanched meal this time)
      50g/1.8oz Desiccated/finely shredded coconut
      60g/2.1oz butter, melted
      12 splenda tablets, crushed or 1/4 cup of granular sweetener of your choice
      dash of vanilla

Filling:

600g/21.2oz Cream Cheese
      250g/8.8oz sour Cream
      2 Eggs
      25 splenda tablets, crushed or 1/2 cup of granular sweetener of your choice (add extra if using erythritol)
      1 tsp vanilla extract
      about 100g or 1/2 cup of lemon curd (you may want to use a little less up to you), melted. Click on lemon curd for recipe.

Butter a 23cm spring form pan and Preheat oven to 170C/340F

Combine base ingredients and press into the base of the spring form pan and bake for 15 mins or until golden. Reduce oven temp to 140C/284F

Beat together all of the filling ingredients EXCEPT the lemon curd and pour over the base. Tap gently to burst any large air bubbles and swirl the melted lemon curd over the top.

Chuck in oven for 30mins and then turn the oven off and leave it alone for a long time, preferably overnight to cool. If you take it out to soon it may crack. When cooled, chill in the fridge.

*Edit* One lady has frozen it and found it just as good as when it was fresh :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sherrie ().

• Re: Low Carb Lemon Swirl Cheesecake

Dare I say it but I think I prefer the lemon version to the chocolate and the chocolate was pretty good. Ryan said, it is awesome hehe
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Sherrie that looks Divine. Yum Yum Yum & looks so creamy.
      I haven't made cheesecake in ages.

Lord, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      and the Wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I may have to kill because they p!$$ me off.

Lissy, I love lemon too, give it a try it is really good. I have a lemon coconut slice recipe I made last month, should post the recipe soon if I can remember everything I did hehe

Hey Lou did you give this a go?

I made another one the other day and I am tempted to chuck it out!

What happened is I only had half the amount of almond meal I needed, I thought I had fresh almonds but I couldn't find any so in desperation I thought I'd just replace what was missing with psyllium husks and just add some water... Big mistake!!!

I can't eat the crust it makes me gag because of the texture (I have always been fussy about textures) but to make it worse it seems to have sucked up some of the moisture from the cream cheese batter as well giving that an icky grainy texture. Ewww I really don't like it. Don't ever sub psyllium husks!!!

I have been overindulging in the lemon curd Sherrie :) and having it as a topping on the cream cheese muffins- and having too many of them , I have not made this actual cheesecake as yet- I am not overly keen on the crust anyway so am happy with the muffins and curd.

That lemon curd is sooooo yummy

It is, isn't it hehe

I bought a shallow muffin tray thingy a while back so I could make little lemon curd tarts with the shortcrust I used for that other recipe I did but I keep using it all up on cheesecake and eating it off the spoon :) I did make a coconut lemon slice with it which turned out good.

No, I will have to find the one I converted and put it up. Hopefully I will remember everything I did as it has been a while :)

• Hey, I have some feedback. A lady emailed me a couple of days ago to tell me that the cheesecake was delicious but she was wondering if it can be frozen. I suggested she test it out on a piece. Well she emailed me today to let me know it was a success and wanted to share it with everybody. :)