14kg for Christmas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• 14kg for Christmas

Hi guys, thought I would get this started - not exactly sure how all this goes but I gather we are going to record our food and exercise each day??
      I am only very new here so please let me know if you have ideas of how we should go with it.

Not sure what you are all doing - but I am doing CSIRO and planning to be 14 kilos lighter at Xmas time.

How often does everyone weigh themselves? - I am going to try and only do it once a week and will be weighing myself on Wed mornings, so I will record my weight on those days

Hope to see you all here soon and hope everyone has a great day

Cheers
      Nic
    • Re: 14kg for Christmas

... phew, made it :D!

OK, I'm on board too - 14kg for Christmas it is. I weight once a week on Monday mornings (helps keep me accountable over the weekends when I'm at Mum & Dads).

I have started setting up foods/meals at nutridiary.com so I can accuratly check my foods as I'm getting to the pointy end and need to think about carb creap & calories a bit more. I already have an exercise routine, when I get up early enough to do it.

So I'm thinking either use this week's weight (or sneak in a weigh-in tomorrow morning ;)) or use next Monday's weight.

Maybe we can set our own carb/calories per day limits and minimum exercise time. I want to go back to Atkins induction, so max 20g nett carbs per day and only induction foods. Also I currently do a 1hr workout in the mornings and have been trying (unsuccessfully) to add an evening workout. So am thinking of making my exercise minimum 2hrs/day with a rest day on Sundays.

Do we want to start today, or give us the weekend to sort out food/preparation? Doesn't bother me either way.

Hi there,
      I am here.
      I weigh twice a week because I weigh against a friend on Fridays and am in Ladybirds boot camp.
      Can we do Monday weigh in cos that fits in with LB boot camp and I will be going with both of these. LB boot camp is to keep me on track to the wedding in early November.
      This 14 kilos by Christmas will be a long term challenge compared to LB's fortnightly camp. This should get me to 60 kilos by Christmas and that would be great.
      Betta_Vetta :cool:

070909 73.6,250909 72.1, 021009 71.7, 121009 71.5

020110 71.4

Okay Monday sounds good - I actually happened to weigh myself this monday (just to check my damage from the weekend - lol) so I will have that to go on.

My priority is to stick within the guidelines of the eating plan 24/7 - not just during the week and I need to do introduce some exercise. At the moment I am doing absolutely nothing !!! Between winter and some health problems its all gone by the wayside unfortunately.
      So in that area I was going to build up slowly. I have a membership at Contours and starting next week , will be doing that 3 times a week as well as a walk on sat or sunday of the weekend. I know it doesnt sound like much but I have to start slowly - its been at least 4 mths since I did anything at all - so naughty :eek:

The 14 kilos wont get me to my goal but it will get me pretty close and it will make sure I can fit into most of my summer wardrobe when I go home for xmas this year !!

So monday I was 82.3 but then on Wednesday when I weighed it was 81.2 so not sure what happened there :confused: But I would like to be 68 by xmas and then will set another goal for myself. My lowest weight has been 58 but that was awhile ago and I think I will be happy between 60-65

:)

Abi, your starting exercise routine sounds good. You can always build it up as your fitness increases. I didn't start with the level I'm currently doing either and want to increase it now to fit everything in.

OK truth time! Monday's weight for me was 78.8kg, technically I only have 11.3kg to 'goal' but if I could loose 14kgs that would give me some wriggle room. My goal weight is based on what I weighed last time I was loosing weight on Atkins, even though I had wanted to loose a few more Kgs then, it didn't happen due to pregnancy with DD now almost 6). My WiiFit tells me I should weigh 62kgs so if I loose 14 from here (~65kg) that's probably as close as I think I can get to 62 as I have built some lean muscsle mass the last 4 months.

A collegue as work has just asked me if I want to go power walking with her in the afternoons (I was telling her about this challenge). So I have new exercise to add to my routine already! We will start on Monday - WOOHOO.

That's excellent timing then !!! Wow you will be doing heaps then - thats great
      I know once I start with the exercise I will get more and more motivated - its just taking that first step really.
      Hey do you use your WiiFit very often - I would love one and trying to talk the other half into it but he reckons we will never use it

Cheers
      Nic

Hi Abipip,
      I have a wii fit and I have just bought the wii active. :eek:
      I would not waste money on the wii fit and balance board if you can don't think you will use it.:D
      I think it was good to get me started and my son used it for a bit. He is 14 and we got it a year ago. He likes the balance games. The balance games are challenging, the aerobics get boring after a bit (and the music is really bad:o). The yoga and muscle workouts are probably good but sometimes they are really slow to load up and get going. :(
      I have only used the wii active twice so I might be wrong but it seems to be designed for the older person. My son is a bit unsure about it :cool:but it does allow 2 people to use it at once and thus he would like to do the workout with his dad.
      Maybe the wii active would be good so that the 2 of you can workout together.
      If you want to ask me more then please do so.:D
      The wii active does not require the wii board but some excercises can use it. I am doing the 30 day challenge on it and am only on day 2 so who knows?

Whereabouts in Perth are you? I am from there and my kids were born there. We lived in Wembley and Karrinyup, and my parents and sister still live there. Hubby's family is mainly there too.

020110 71.4

Hi bv, thanks for that , its good to get other peoples opinions. A good friend of mine bought one awhile ago (which I believe they are no longer using - lol) so I might actually ask if I can borrow it for a weekend , just to get an idea of what it can do etc. Yoga was the one of the ones I was pretty keen on, could just join a local yoga class really ;)

I am in Morley - so not too far from where your were. I am originally a country girl (which I miss :() but have been here about 7 years. Sounds like you have a lot of family here - what made you move? Mind you I imagine living in Brisbane would be pretty great
      Cheers
      Nic

[SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Orange"]You can't stop the waves - but you can learn to surf[/SIZE][/SIZE] ;)[/COLOR]

Hi ap
      I used to go to Morley quite a bit. Had a couple of friends that lived there during uni days. Oh so long ago.:D
      It is a long story as to why we moved but suffice to say it is nice to be away from some family members.:D
      If you can borrow the wii fit do try it. I know I thought it was good when I first used it.:o I don't like yoga though so that part didn't appeal to me. Would love to know what you think of it.

020110 71.4

Hello Nic , well i am on board as well .

I weigh everyday just to see how I have coped with the previous days food , however I will report in here every monday as well . My weight last monday was 70.1 .

I would dearly love to get to my first goal of 60 by october , and 55 by christmas , so that is just over 14 kilos (14.2 to be exact ) , so this challenge is just what I need .

We did have another thread at the begining of the year , but that died off , but Sheri (shez) was doing a weekly chart with everyones weekly losses . If anyone is computer smart that might be a good idea as well (sorry I am no good with that ..hopeless actually ) .

I will report my weight here on Mondays , but will still keep posting my food in boot camp .

Thanks for the idea Nic :cool:
      DAISY

Small steps to a healthy lifestyle....here we go

I'm in! Like Daisy, I weigh every day too. Last Monday morning's weight was 145.9, which was following a weekend of binging, so quite high. I'm already 1.6kg under that weight, mainly due to fasting on Monday, but I'm happy to show a good loss for the first week of this challenge! :D

Hi Everyone.
      I'd like to tag along for the ride too if I could please. I actually only have to lose 8 kg, but will probably take me till Xmas.

I'm just doing my first week of BT, am amazed at how energetic, happy, satisfied I feel. Have never done a low carb diet before, it's going great (early days I know!). I'm also realistic enough to know I often don't see these things out, so am trying to find as many tools as I can to help me along the way, and think this might be a huge help. It's having someone to be accountable to.

Nic, I'm no expert, but if you're trying to introduce some exercise into your life, why not stick with walking for a start. It costs nothing and I believe is one of the best forms of exercise (that's a great thing about BT too, that's what they recommend, walking alone, and it doesn't have to be in one hit, just 3 x 10 min sessions a day if that's all you can fit in etc).

Wish you all good luck. Lets help each other!
      ;)F.
      Only bought a set of scales yesterday, so Monday sounds good to try them out.

Welcome everyone - wow this is great - will be so good to have everyone aiming for the same thing and motivating each other - I get inspired each time I come on here and read everyones posts , so thats great !!

Fee - I do love to walk but we are just having the most crap weather over here at the moment - plus I am paying each mth for this membership so thought I best use it - lol. But once the weather improves , walking will be back on for sure - I have some great parks near me and I love to go there especially on the weekends and take my book and read afterwards - nice relaxing outing that doesnt involve food and I get the exercise :p

BV - oh I hear you on that one - sometimes can be good to be away from it all. Will keep you posted on the Wii situation ;)

Daisy - the chart does sound really good - unfortunately I'm not good with computers either - I was really chuffed that I managed to put a signature and pic up - that was way out of my league even :D

So my big challenge for the weekend is to stick to my diet - sounds crazy I know but this is my downfall - good during the week - bad on weekend so I dont actually get anywhere - lol. But not this weekend , I will succeed !!! I look forward to reporting a loss on MOnday !!!

Once again welcome everyone and so good to see you all here :)
      Cheers
      Nic

[SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Orange"]You can't stop the waves - but you can learn to surf[/SIZE][/SIZE] ;)[/COLOR]

Hey everyone, wow this got big overnight!! I'm happy to do a chart (work on computers all day anyway) will get one sorted with everyone's starting weights later today - if you haven't posted one, please do.

Nic, I haven't been using my WiiFit for exercise in about 5 months as I out grew it. It is really great to start an exercise program with, especially if you are really unfit / overweight. I have heard really good things about both the EA Active and My Fitness Coach Wii 'games'. Neither of them require the WiiFit balance board, however the board can be used with EA Active. My understanding is that MFC has quite a bit of yoga in it and it's done in sequence, where as the WiiFit is individual exercises and you have to go out to the menu and select the next exercise which makes it quite stilted. I use a Yoga DVD at home because I much prefer the flow.

So I gues it's READY .... STEADY .... GO! We'll weigh-in Monday mornings, record food & exercise daily and motivate each other for 14kg by Christmas. With the food recording, those who are doing boot camp if you didn't want to repeat your foods maybe just a summary.

Actually I had a though, what if we each have a carb/calorie goal per day and then can just report what our actual daily amounts are? Is everyone normally recording/counting these or is it too much extra work?

For example:- 20g carbs / day & 2hrs exercise would be my goal. So I could report that, say yesterday, I had approx. 15g and did no exercise (darn TOM!!) If you wanted to record actual food that's fine too as we can look for trends/problems and help each other along. Just not wanting to make too much extra work for peeps ;).

OK, off to do a chart before I have to get back from lunch break ....

Alana - I know it did , its great !! Thanks for doing the chart - awesome !!! Can you please change my plan to CSIRO (I couldnt do it) - cheers. I was looking at BT but have decided to stick with CSIRO and see how it goes :)

Thanks for reminding me actually - we have a Yoga DVD at home - I am going to drag it out on the weekend and have a look. I was doing one of the biggest loser DVD's at the beginning of the year and I was enjoying that so will get back into that as well - cool I am looking forward to that now !!!

So the CSIRO does not define how many carbs but it is limited and you are only allowed a certain amount - at this stage I'm not eating the fruit allowance everyday but if I do I am only having berries. I will see how this goes for a few weeks but if I'm not getting the results I want then I think I will change to BT then. I did have a little sneak on the scales this morning and am losing so all good so far

So my daily goal is to only eat the diet allowance and no extras and no junk food !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I will be reducing my alcohol intake :eek: so that should be interesting - lol. And of course introducing some exercise back !!!!
      Cheers
      Nic

Perfect - count me in - i just posted in my diary that i need to hit my target of 14kg less at Christmas in time to shop for a new wardrobe!

I am obsessed with weighing in at the moment and think its not really healthy for my state of mind as some-days its up and the next up more! Mondays sounds good too me. (now i need to try and stay off the scales until then!):(