Can you gain muscle weight in 1.5 weeks?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Can you gain muscle weight in 1.5 weeks?

Hi guys
      just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to gain 1kg of muscle weight in 1.5 weeks of training? After the first week i lost .5 kg and now have gained it back.
      I have been vigorously training for the last 1.5 weeks and have noticed a big change in my body shape. I have started to tone up my arms, stomach and legs with 2 hours of training a day.
      I seem to have gained around 1.2kg in that time.
      I just hope its muscle and not fat :confused::(
      Please tell me your experiences with exercise and weight gain.
      Is this possible?
    • Re: Can you gain muscle weight in 1.5 weeks?

If you're a beginner then it is possible to gain muscle whilst in a calorie deficit at first. If you have more definition then it won't be fat and I wouldn't worry about it one bit. If it was fat you would look fat and pudgy not leaner, you might want to track your measurements so you have a better idea on your progress during this time.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Thanks Sherrie, I just hate the fact the scale dictate so much of what goes on in my head.
      I should have taken measurements from 6 weeks ago when i started low carbing cause the last two weeks nothing has changed, measurements are the same.
      If it's muscle will i continue to lose weight? or Will i continue to gain? Should i reduce my training down a scale and see what happens.
      it's just that i still have 4 -5 kgs to lose.
      It's just so depressing and once again, unmotivating.:(

Nah you won't keep gaining muscle in a calorie deficit, it will stop at some point, if you can notice an improvement in the mirror then I wouldn't worry to much, after all who are we really trying to please, the mirror and how people see you or the scale?

You could just be storing some extra lactic acid from the harder training? Have you changed anything like adding a creatine supp?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi Nicky,

I am having a similar problem with weight loss while doing weight training, seem to be having wieght gains and very small loses.

Totally agree with Sherrie about the measurements as they definitely as this is where you will probably notice the loses.

I started with the bodytrim package and in the book it talks about visualisation which is really important. Basically it is about taking regular pictures to track your progress and visual transformation.

Peetie