Body Trim Recipes??? help!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Body Trim Recipes??? help!!

Hi there!!

I have started Body Trim (into my 6th day) and am in desperate need for some recipe ideas!:confused:
      I cant go onto the bodytrim website as i havent purchased the book because im borrowing it from my friend (who cannot remember her password to the website!)

I have had a browse through the recipe threads but im soooo confused!! what can i have?
      Can i have those oopsie rolls??:confused:

I really need help!

Hope someone can help me out as i would really really apreciate it!!

Lozza:)
    • Re: Body Trim Recipes??? help!!

Lozza some of the BT girls in the Bodytrim Diet thread were eating these and doing just fine, it really is a YMMV thing imo but having said that I am not on Body Trim :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

I agree - I've been searching through the recipes but i'm confused about what I can and can't eat. Lots of them include cheese.

Is it possible for us to have a BT recipe thread (like the Atkins one)? Perhaps everyone could just post their favourite meal as a start?

theroadto40 wrote:

I agree - I've been searching through the recipes but i'm confused about what I can and can't eat. Lots of them include cheese.

Is it possible for us to have a BT recipe thread (like the Atkins one)? Perhaps everyone could just post their favourite meal as a start?

Yes I think it is a great idea, I have suggested this before, obviously I can't do it as I don't do BT so totally up to you guys :)

[edit to avoid confusion] Main Bodytrim Recipe thread here: BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: add link ().

Oh this sounds great!!
      Im just getting back into the swing of things (its hard to be strict at chrissy time!)

I found this recipe on the net under "low carb recipes"
      Juicy Chicken Stirfry-
      - 1 red capsicum
      - 2 zucchini
      - 1 clove of garlic
      - 1 tbsp Olive Oil
      - 4 Chicken Breast fillets
      - 100g Snow peas
      - 2 tsp cornflour
      - 1/2 tsp dried basil
      - 1/2 tsp dried thyme
      - Salt and Pepper
      - 3 tbsp Grated parmesan cheese
      Method:
      Cut the Capsicum and Zucchini into thin pieces, Crush the garlic.
      Heat the oil in a fry pan.
      Add the chicken and cook for 15-20 mins, make sure you turn the chicken every couple of minutes. When the chicken is cooked, remove from frypan and keep warm.
      Add the garlic to the frypan, cook for 30-60 seconds, then add the capsicum,Zucchini and snow peas. Stir till soft and cooked through.

Mix cornflour and stock together in a bowl, along with the herbs. Add this to the frypan and stir till thickened. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
      Pop the chicken back in the frypan and cook (gently) for a further 5 minutes, add the parmasen and stir thorugh......

Serve..

Hope this is ok to use... as i said i found it on the internet and thought i should share.... hopefully it will kick start some really yummy ideas for dinners, snacks ect:

Loz :):)

Zucchini Slice

100g diced bacon
      handful diced onion
      handful diced capsicum

Sautee above in a non stick pan

Beat 6 eggs together

Mix in 2 grated zucchini's and the sauteed bacon, onions and capsicum

Pour into a dish and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Divide into 4 serves.

Chicken Curry
      Serves 4

Ingredients

500g Chicken Breast (Diced)
      1 x Cinnamon stick
      Half Cup Water

2 x Large Onions
      2 x Red Chilli (Or 2 x Teaspoon of chilli paste)
      1 x Red Capsicum
      1 x Zucchini
      1 x Teaspoon of minced Ginger
      2 x Teaspoon of minced Garlic (or 2 cloves)
      4 x Table Spoons of Curry Powder
      400g Tin of Diced Tomatoes
      Salt & Pepper to taste

Chop and blend the above ingredients in a blender or food processor till smooth. (Except the Chicken, Water and Cinnamon stick)

Brown the chicken with some olive oil (you wont need much if any)

Put all ingredients into a large pan (Covered) and simmer for 2 hours

Remove the Cinnamon stick when finished (before serving)

This meal freezes well,

Chicken & Vegetable Soup

Serves 4-6

500g of chicken breast

1 x Tea Spoon of crushed garlic (or 1 clove)

4-6 x Celery sticks with the leaves (Chopped) (You cant really put too much in)

1 x As much Parsley as you wish (Chopped) I put in a good 2 handfulls

5 x Lengths of Garlic Chives (Chopped) (Or Coriander) this is optional.

2 x Onions (Cut in halves, then cut the halves into quarters)

Generous Pepper to taste (Crack Pepper is best)

2 x Tea Spoons of Salad Herbs

1L of Chicken Stock (Salt Reduced)

1 x Cup of water

1 x Table Spoon of Olive Oil

Optional Vegies:

1 x Carrot (Cut long wise into quarters and Chop)

1 x Zucchini (Cut long wise into quarters and Chop)

1 x Capsicum (Cut into strips and Chop)

1 x Red Chilli (Chopped)

Any other vegies as you wish

In Large Saucepan,

Add Oil, Garlic, Onions, Pepper, Salad Herbs & Chicken into a Large Saucepan and Cook lightly,

Add the 1 cup of water and the other vegies till heated (Slightly Reduced) then add Chicken Stock to cover (Use more water to cover if the stock does not cover it all)

Simmer for up to 2 hour or as required

Glad I'm not the only one who pilfered the book off someone else :D

The salsa chicken is really good. I just put some chopped up chicken in a pyrex dish, mixed in the salsa, threw in a small chilli and some garlic, cooked it, and served it with riced (grated) cooked cauliflower. That's the best one I've done so far :)

There are a couple of really nice recipes here for the new BT'ers. I have always just tried to use the same meals for all of the family just modifying my dinner to remove the carbs. But these I can give everyone.

When they have tacos, I just do taco without the shell, just layer the ingredients on a plate and eat with a knife and fork. The same with hamburgers. Take away the bun and its just as nice and not necessary to make different dinners because I am on a diet. Same if we go to Mums for dinner I ask her not to put potato on my plate or rice or whatever.

The only thing I have trouble with is pasta as I love it. I have recently had zucchini "spaghetti" with bolanaise sauce. I bought a julienne peeler from the fancy kitchenware shop and cut down the length of a zucchini. It made strings almost exactly the size of normal spaghetti strands. I put them into the pasta bowl no cooking or steaming and just put the hot bolanaise on top. It was really good. I am gonna try it now with marinara sauce - my favorite :D

This low carb way of eating is gonna be a long term thing so I'm trying to make it easy on myself. Any other tips or hints would be most welcome. :)

Love
      Kerry

Some of those sound nice and easily adaptable for me on Atkins.

Whatever low carb you are doing stir fries are your friend, I reckon. I love roasts too, just don't have the gravy, (I save the juice/drippings and pour that over my meat and veges) with roasted veges from the allowable ones roasts are wonderful. And you can stuff a chicken, I use LSA mix (recipe below)

Is there a foods list in BT, can you get hold of that. And can't your friend get her password sent to her?

My recipe is free of the hot food group as I am allergic to anything of the chilli family and I have a problem with garlic. You would add garlic at the onion stage and them the chillis if you use them. It is best made ahead and cold when you stuff the bird, but I have spooned it straight from the frypan on occasion.

Ingredients (size/number of ingredients depends on size of bird)
      * Onion, brown, chopped
      * Celery, chopped
      * Bacon, chopped
      * Mushrooms, smallish ones thinly sliced, any type can be used, the Dutch brown ones are particularly nice in this
      * Herbs, I use fennel seeds, sage and rosemary every time, plus oregano, mixed Italian blend - whatever appeals to my taste on the day!
      * LSA (ground linseed/sunflower/almond meal - available from the health food aisle in Coles or in bulk at health food stores.
      * Oil - olive, butter, even lard
      * Lemon juice
      * Water or chicken stock (or partly wine - that's optional and adds carbs)

Method
      Heat the oil at medium heat in a heavy bottom pan, I use a stainless steel one. Throw in about 20 fennel seeds and the onion. Stir fairly constantly, when the onion starts to go transparent, add the herbs & bacon. Stir for a few more minutes and add all the veges EXCEPT the mushroom. Stir till they just start to brown a bit, then add a tablespoon of butter and then the mushrooms, don't put the butter away, you'll want it again.

Make sure your LSA and water/stock are to hand and ready to grab.

Stir this lots all together and once the mushies start to cook a bit add 2 tablespoons butter and turn heat up a bit. Now add your LSA. I just keep adding until the amount 'looks right', usually 4 - 6 tablespoons (I use a little scoop so it is hard to gauge). You need to stir constantly and may need to add a bit more butter. You then add some water/stock - not a lot, enough to make it a bit sloppy looking and then add your squeeze of lemon. Now you stir constantly until the liquid is mostly evaporated and you have a nice, slightly crumbly but moist mix. Taste to test.

Naturally, it is impossible to put a carb count on this as the amounts vary with each bird, depending on size. But LSA 4.69 carbs per 100g, so it's low. And you don't eat great amounts of it, so I usually have a tablespoon or so with my meat and count it as 3 carbs. I always think as I make it what the poor brainwashed folk on low fat diets are missing out on!

And savour that chook (or whatever)!
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Analog6 ().