What music do you work out to?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• How sad...11 views but no replies...I can fix that!

Interesting question, Leonie. Myself, I think that the Fatboy Slim cd is great as well, another good one is 4play- very energetic!

Seriously, though I reckon music makes SUCH a difference when it comes to motivation and energy levels when it comes to walking or running.

Even if no-one else does *sticks tongue out* ;)
    • ROFLMAO :D - You cracked me up Leonie.

I did look but didn't respond because I don't listen to music, I watch TV when on the bike.

When I do walk I have a little micro radio, so it all depends on the radio station I am listening to and the music that they are playing.

But I agree that Fatboy would really get you going, so would Chemical Brothers if you like that sort of stuff.

RBB :D
    • Originally posted by kegs
      I listen to my own huffing and puffing and my dogs barking at other dogs!!!!!!:D .

I use my walking time in the mornings to think. Having 2 small kids at home drives me insane sometimes so I love having some peace and quiet when i walk!

I dont' have children, but this too is the time of the day when it is just me and my dog out huffing and puffing and thinking. It is great to clear away the cobwebs......and I tell you that the cobwebs are growing quicker and quicker these days....

I wonder if this has anything to do with the blonde thing???:rolleyes:
    • I know why I missed this thread, because just as I closed the "search results" window on new posts, I noticed that there was a second page!!! :( Ugh!

Now music - how many gigs of space do you have on your hard drive?
      Jesper and I have had about 5 different types of MP3 players each! And if we don't watch our download limits, we can easily clock up a rather hefty bill downloading MP3s!

I have a preference for trance music but will venture into rave or techno dance as long as there are no women singing. We source our music from what is known as a peer to peer network called grokster.

At the moment I am listening to a whole pile of "Ibiza inspired" music. I think for me the beat is crucial - preferably around 140-160 beats per minute... helps me keep pace when I walk.

When I do weights however, I like gutsy music... for instance the U2 song Elevation I find quite inspiring - oh an there's a German band who are heavy metal with a beat called Ramstein - their Feuer Frei song is amazing (featured in the opening scenes of Triple X)!!!

I am currently looking for music to do my posing routine to... now that's gonna be hard! :)
    • Rossana- maybe you should release a compilation cd!

When I was at the gym they have several cd players you can use and then select the channel with your music on the treadmill or bike or whatever (you plug your earphones in). I kept hearing all these kicking cds but I was too shy to ask the owners what they were!

My boyfriend and I download heaps of music as well- if you have any wicked songs you recommend I would love to hear them! I am pretty much into trance/nrg music at the moment.
    • Originally posted by Rossana
      oh an there's a German band who are heavy metal with a beat called Ramstein - their Feuer Frei song is amazing (featured in the opening scenes of Triple X)!!!B]

When I was doing Body Combat which I love they used a Ramstein song for the stretches at the end. Body Combat really makes you feel great, gets out all you're frustrations. But when they finished with whatever Ramsein song is was you felt like you were walking on air and could face anything. Don't do BC now as I'm assuming it would be too much like cardio and not fat burning. Can't wait to eventually get back into though..eventually. Just sticking with the weights at the moment.

Essie
    • Sorry Leonie, no music for me either. Bit hard in an outrigger canoe really!

Mostly I listen to our steerer screaming at us to improve our stoke technique and timing, or to put more power in before we get pounded by the next set of waves.

Of course on a calm day it's also nice to listen to the lapping of the waves against the side of the canoe, the crashing of the waves on our rocky headland, and the calls of the gulls and sea eagles!
    • I like punk music, loud fast and crass hehe.

Unfortunately I exercise in my backyard so i am mindful of the language in the albums, and limit myself mostly to The bouncing souls (my favourite band) and the donnas, and dance hall crashers. I love the fact that i can sing along and not notice the time ticking over its marvellous.

This song by Dance Hall Crashers i find really.. I dunno inspiring in my goals. I'll post the lyrics and those interested should download it! They band is fronted by two female singers with harmonies better than any pop princesses!

Anyway here it is:

Do You Think You’re Beautiful?

Give us one, give us one reason to, give us one reason to make an impression.
      Give us two, give us two reasons to, give us to reasons, we’ll start this obsession again.
      Don’t look now, it’s telling lies again.
      Don’t you know that the mirror is not your friend unless you’re beautiful, and then it could be the answers to your problems.
      Do you think you’re beautiful? All cool and irreplaceable.
      Does it really matter at all? Do you think you’re beautiful.
      Pretty girl, the one we idolise, has she got cellulite or conversation skills? Is she real, did she enhance appeal to make us love her more? Who is the fool if she did?
      Do you feel ashamed of who you are? Do you love the colour of your skin?
      Did dad pay enough attention? Or did your brother get more than you?
      Do you think you’re beautiful? All cool and irreplaceable. Does it really matter at all? Do you think you’re beautiful?
      Where should we start- beauty queen, magazine, steroids and silicone.
      Pick apart- mirror, mirror who is the fairest of them all?
      Wouldn’t you rather be smart than worry about what it means to get by if you don’t look right.
      Do you just, do you just tell yourself that you are beautiful? Do you believe?
      Did your mum say the right things to you? Did she encourage you on your ventures?
      Did junior high break you down, were the kids so mean that you never quite recovered, or were you popular, or were you too busy doing your own thing?
      Do you think you’re beautiful? All cool and irreplaceable. Does it really matter at all?
      Do you think you’re beautiful?
    • Thumpin' techno. I have a portable MP3 player that I load up with about 2 hours of techno -- generally a mix of some sort. I am pretty lazy about changing them over so I can listen to the same thing for months sometimes.

A Ministry of Sound Clubbers Guide to Trance was there for about 2 months. I was pretty keen on the Swordfish soundtrack for a while. I had a C J Bolland album in there for a while too.
      Next goal: 80kg (currently 84kg).
      28 yo male - 2300 calories per day
      SKD PFC 174/164/30
      TKD PFC 174/120/130
    • I'm lost if I don't have music when I exercise! I like techno pumpin' beat music that makes you feel hyper, a good one for that is the 'Wild' CD compilations, I think the last one was 'Wild Weekends' or something like that. I really hope the bring out another one soon as I've been buying techno CD's but I don't really like them, so I'm getting tired if my same old.... :)
    • Originally posted by Tyse
      I have a portable MP3 player that I load up with about 2 hours of techno -- generally a mix of some sort. I am pretty lazy about changing them over so I can listen to the same thing for months sometimes.

A Ministry of Sound Clubbers Guide to Trance was there for about 2 months.
      hehehe
      Me too Tyse! Love my MP3 but putting on a new mix is a bit of a chore!
      I have just been downloading ALOT of Ministry of Sound! :)

And about a gazillion versions of various songs... all to put that routine together....