Bodytrim in a nut shell

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Bodytrim in a nut shell

A great breakdown of the Bodytrim Diet plan and extensive food list and sample meal plans underneath as well as links to our popular threads such as our Bodytrim recipe thread!

I've taken this off page 188 in the Body trim thread, as I've noticed a lot of people are looking for it.

The Bodytrim plan for weight loss consists of three sections.

[edit: Make sure to scroll down to the next post also as its even more informative on what foods are allowed on Bodytrim aswell as visit the bodytrim recipes thread]

1. Detox - eat only protein for three days, drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day, and walk for 30 minutes (2 x 15 minutes or 3 x 10 minutes is fine.)

2. Weight Loss - After the detox three days begin this section:
      (1 protein serving is no more than 100 grams. Protein snack is between 50 and 100 grams) Unlimited Vegetables and Salads include: Alfalfa sprouts, Artichoke, Asparagus, Beans, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, Cabbage, Celery, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Leek, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Salad veggies, Spinach, Squash, Tomato, Zucchini.}
      Eat six times a day as follows:
      Breakfast :1 protein and 1 fruit/starch
      Protein snack 50 grams
      Lunch: 1 protein serving plus unlimited salad or vegetables
      Protein snack 50 grams
      Dinner: 1 protein serving plus unlimited salda or vegetables
      Protein snack 50 grams

Continue the 30 minute a day walking and the 2- 3 litres of water a day.

3. Weight Maintenance
      This is similar to the Weight Loss section with a few additions/changes
      Breakfast 100 -150 grams protein plus 1-2 fruit or 1-2 starch
      Protein snack 50 m- 100 grams
      Lunch 100 - 150 grams protein plus unlimited salad/vegetables and/or 1-2 starch plus 1-2 fruit
      Protein snack 50 - 100 grams
      Dinner as for lunch without starch or fruit
      Protein snack 50 - 100 grams

Continue the walking and the water.

Peas, carrots, corn, bananas, nuts and potatoes can be eaten only 3 times per week.
      You can eat oats for breakfast but must have a protein serve as well.
      Do not go any longer than three hours without eating. You can eat hourly if necessary but it must be protein.
      Have a "free" day once a week when you can eat whatever you like for two meals of the day. the next day, have an all protein day as in the Detox section.

------------------------------------------

Adding a couple of quotes from posts underneath which some may find useful so I can remove them from this thread so that I can move a really good post by Jamacu up so that it sits directly underneath this one, as its a very good post and looks to me to be even more informative then this one. - Sherrie :)

You will also find other common bodytrim questions and popular bodytrim threads linked in the first post of the thread: Bodytrim Diet 2
      Plus, our huge recipe thread: Bodytrim Diet Recipes

Akasha wrote:

"Peas, carrots, corn, bananas, nuts and potatoes can be eaten only 3 times per week."

To my knowledge this isn`t entirely correct. Nuts are a free day only food unless you are on maintenance and when you are on maintenance Geoff says in the book not to eat them more than 2 or 3 times a week due to the fat content. Bananas breakfast. Potatoes are free day only. The rest peas, carrots, corn are no more than 2 to 3 times a week.

As much as I love the Bt forum and how great people are there for being willing to give advice and support I have found from time to time that some of the advice given from fellow members can be inaccurate and have only stumbled across this when I check my Bt guide book so its something to be aware off, these days I tend to check my book first.

Chelles wrote:

the original email comes from a bodytrim employee responding to some questions asked by someone :)

On the topic of condiments during protein only in the Bodytrim Diet 2 thread:

Question:

jacstef wrote:

Hi, can someone please tell me on the protein only days of body trim is it purely protein or can you add a few condiments or a bit of onion etc to protein portions. Also the flavoured tuna, it has 3.4g carbs so should I avoid it? I definitely don't want to sabotage my chances of getting into keto but I'm not sure how I'm going to go three days purely just protein.
      Thanks
      also as a previous poster asked. can I have seafood extender on po days?

Answer:

Venusdemilo35 wrote:

Don't sweat the small stuff - 3G of carbs is more than ok, BT recommends less than 10g carbs and 5g sugar per 100g.

Onion fine, make some patties or meatballs, rissoles even!
      Condiments - go for it! Less than a tablespoon per serve but once again - don't sweat it!
      It's meant to make LC easier and sustainable :)
      Enjoy

Dairy:

jacstef wrote:

Also, I know it says cottage cheese and ricotta but I can't find anything on Feta being allowed or not. Obviously I know it's not for the protein only days. Actually can one of my protein serves be cottage cheese or ricotta?

Venusdemilo35 wrote:

They sure can - I thrashed cottage cheese so the very thought of it still makes me a bit off.. But yes - 50- 100g per snack ..
      Don't be afraid to listen and see how your body responds to food- I added yoghurt which isn't BT approved technically.. You'll get to know :)

Chrysalis wrote:

You can have small amounts of condiments or dips with it like sweet chilli sauce, soy marinate, garlic paste, lemon juice and herbs, any of the vegetable dips like onion, roasted capsicum, avocado, sundried tomato etc. I make many of my own dips, but the store-bought ones are fine ok. Just read the labels and make sure the condiments & dips you use contain less than 10g of carbs per 100g and less than 5g of sugar per 100g.

Kath

Current weight 4/17 84.9 kg
      Goal weight 65 kg

Other goals: Reversal of my diabetes

The post was edited 7 times, last by Sherrie ().

• Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell - Bodytrim Food Listing

Hi all, this should really be at the start of this thread but I don't know how to put it there!

Eating every 2-3 waking hours is the most powerful weapon you have when it comes to weight loss and ramping up your metabolism. So remember, 3 main meals + 3 snacks a day and your metabolism will be firing on all cyclinders!

Bodytrim Food Listing:

Protein food list:

Serving size: All protein foods except protein bars and powders female: 50-100g males: 50-150g

Clams
      Crab
      Seafood extender
      All fresh
      All canned fish- e.g. tuna, salmon (in oil, spring water or flavoured)
      Lobster
      Scallops
      Shrimp
      Prawns
      Octopus
      Egg white
      Whole eggs
      Low fat cottage cheese
      Low fat ricotta
      Beef- all cuts
      Chicken breast, thigh, all cuts
      Wild game- duck, emu, kangaroo etc
      Turkey
      Lamb
      Beef hamburger patties
      Meatballs- beef, chicken, turkey etc
      Deli meat, all cuts
      Pastrami
      Salami
      Low fat sausages
      Bacon
      Pork
      Veal
      Liver

Meat substitutes/vegetarian options:

Serving size: All protein foods except protein bars and powders female: 50-100g males: 50-150g

Beef and chicken substitute
      Veggie sausage
      Tempeh
      Tofu- hard and soft, marinated or in oil
      Nut meat
      Natural peanut butter
      Veggie delight
      TVP mince
      Beans (except green beans)
      Lentils
      Nut and seeds (only if in weight maintenance phase)
      Soy protein products
      Chickpeas (use roasted chick peas in moderation and not options that have added sugar for flavouring)

Protein powders:

Serving size: 20-30g (2-3 tbsp)

Whey protein powder
      Soy protein powder

Protein Bars:

Serving size:
      40-50g

Low carb protein bars both commercial and homemade options

Protein pudding Serving size: Per can

Veg and salad:

Avocado (only in weight maintenance phase)
      Alfalfa sprouts
      Asparagus
      Peas (max 2-3 times per week)
      Snow peas and green beans (max 2-3 times per week as contain peas)
      Beetroot- in canned variety drain juice before use
      Broccoli
      Cabbage
      Red cabbage
      Carrots (max 2-3 servings per week)
      Cauliflower
      Celery
      Chilli
      Chives
      Corn (max 2-3 servings per week)
      Cucumber
      Eggplant
      Garlic
      Lettuce (all varieties)
      Mushrooms (all varieties)
      Onion (all varieties)
      Parsley
      Peppers/ capsicums (all red, green and yellow)
      Radish
      Spinach
      Baby spinach
      Zucchini
      Tomatoes (all types cherry and full sized)
      Turnip
      Bamboo shoots
      Brussels sprouts
      Olives
      Pickles (try to use low sodium options if possible)

Sugar free foods (these can be used when ever needed and do not count in meals or snacks)

Diet or low joule jelly
      Diet beverages
      Low joule or diet lollies
      Sugar free caffeine or energy drinks
      Sugar free chewing gum
      Low joule and sugar free cordial (can be used in small amount to add to water if wanting flavour)

Vegetables and salads are not recommended for the first 3 day carb detox phase.

Wondering what to eat on a protein only day?

Below is a sample day for a female (obviously a male can follow the same, but also you may wish to increase the protein serve to 150g for the 3 main meals)

Breakfast - Omelette, 1 whole egg and 1 egg white with herbs
      Snack - 50-100g of shaved deli ham
      Lunch - 100g chicken breast or thigh with lemon and herb/ or garlic /or small amount of sweet chilli sauce
      Snack - 50-100g of tinned tuna/ or salmon/ or sardines (flavoured or in spring water or in oil drained)/or fresh fish
      Dinner - 100g lamb steak with rosemary, garlic and lemon juice lamb steak.
      Snack - 50-100g of lean mince rissoles- onion and parsley

Other examples of protein foods that can be interchanged are:

bbq chicken (skin less) or Portuguese chicken (skin less),
      Small cans of tuna (flavoured is fine or in spring water or oil- obviously drain the oil first)
      50-100 g of cooked deli meats, such as chicken, ham, turkey or roast beef with a spoonful of dip such as hommus or tzaziki
      Chicken drumstick (no skin)
      A boiled egg
      Small can of salmon (flavoured is fine or in spring water or oil- obviously drain the oil first)
      Fresh fish
      Lean mince Rissoles- add parsley, onion, herbs etc when making, can be had with sauces or dips
      Meatballs with dipping sauce
      50g low fat cottage cheese, with herbs if wanting
      Lamb cutlet
      Tofu kebab
      Sausages- low fat preferable
      Bacon- trimming off visible fats
      Lentil burger
      poached or scrambled egg
      6 prawns
      Crab meat
      Mussels
      Chicken pieces – can be with sweet chilli sauce, soy marinate, garlic paste, lemon juice and herb, or can be had plain with some dip or sauce.
      Beef strips
      Canned sardines
      Chickpeas (watching serving size)
      Lentils (watching serving size)
      seafood such as fish, prawns, crab, clams, lobster, scallops
      tofu
      lentils
      beans such as kidney beans

Each of these foods can be cooked slightly different or by adding small amounts of condiments ( marinates, sauces etc in moderation) can make loads of different combinations of great tasting foods.
      If using condiments sparingly do not worry to much about the carb content of these as carb intake will be small.
      Herbs and spices can be used unlimitedly.

FIBRE SUPPLEMENT

A sugar free fibre supplement is highly recommended throughout the 3 day carb detox period. Metamucil is an example of a fiber supplement or Psyllium husk (which is the fibrous ingredient in Metamucil), which can be found slightly cheaper at most health food stores. This can be taken 1-3 times a day with water.

WATER

Water intake is also important during this period. More than or equal to 2-3 litres a day is the recommended intake.
      Diet/ sugar free beverages, sweets, coffee (excluding milk and sugar) and tea (excluding milk and sugar) is allowed in this phase.

SUGAR FREE SNACKS/BEVERAGES

Sugar free foods, beverages, additives (artificial sweeteners), sugar free chewing gum and sugar free sweets/lollies are allowed throughout these days when wanting/needed.
      But diet/sugar free beverages, and caffeinated drinks such as coffee and tea should not be included in total daily water intake

MULTIVITAMIN

A daily multivitamin and omega 3 supplement is also recommended.

Bodytrim Vegetarian Food Plan

DAY 1

Breakfast- Cereal with skim milk and protein powder
      Snack- Egg
      Lunch- Veggie Sausages with cooked vegetables
      Snack- Tinned Salmon
      Dinner- Health fish cakes with coriander and chili dipping sauce ( Pg 137)
      Snack- Low fat Ricotta Cheese

DAY 2

Breakfast- Egg omelette with onions, spinach and ricotta on 1 slice multigrain toast
      Snack- Marinated cottage cheese with grated carrot, lemon juice and basil (pg 149)
      Lunch- Prawn stir-fry without rice
      Snack- Kidney Beans
      Dinner- Stuffed tomatoes with garlic, onions, spinach and ricotta
      Snack- Veggie sausages

DAY 3

Breakfast- Slice of multigrain toast with smoked salmon, cottage cheese and lettuce
      Snack- Protein Bar
      Lunch- Smoked Salmon salad with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and onions.
      Snack- Low fat cottage cheese
      Dinner- Trout with creamy avocado sauce and asparagus (pg 138)
      Snack- Egg

DAY 4

Breakfast- 1 protein shakes and 1 cup of mixed berries
      Snack- Low fat cottage cheese
      Lunch- Lentil and Spinach Soup (pg 98)
      Snack- Boiled Egg
      Dinner- Caramelised onions on grilled salmon and salad
      Snack- Tuna

DAY 5

Breakfast- 1 slice toast with scrambled eggs
      Snack- Protein Shake
      Lunch- Tofu Skewer with vegetables
      Snack- Chickpeas
      Dinner- Grilled tuna with ligurian olives and basil tapenade (pg 140)
      Snack- Canned Salmon

FREE DAY

Breakfast-Cereal with skim milk and protein powder
      Snack- Canned tuna
      Lunch- Meal of you choice
      Snack- Cottage Cheese
      Dinner- Free meal of your choice
      Snack- Egg

PROTEIN ONLY DAY

Breakfast- Egg omelette (one egg and an additional egg white)
      Snack- Canned salmon
      Lunch- Lentils cooked in garlic and pepper
      Snack- Tofu and garlic pepper sauce
      Dinner- Veggies Sausages
      Snack- Cottage Cheese

[IMG:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wSLh1vt/weight.png]

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sherrie ().

• Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

Some people consider fish 'vego' (weird)

If you are properly vego you can do it using eggs/dairy/nuts/lentils/tofu/tempeh (obviously if you are vegan you'd skip the eggs and dairy)
      However you'd expect to lose weight much more slowly than a carnivore as all of those products will contain carbs that aren't found in the animal products.

[IMG:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiLVEx9/weight.png]

Mini Goals
      16 June (4.5 weeks) Ian McKellen on stage: Goal weight: 69kg (5.8kg in 4.5 weeks)
      21 July (+ 5 weeks) Friends baby shower: 64kg (5kg in 5 weeks)
      11 Aug (+3 weeks) Dads 60th: 61kg (3kg in 3 weeks)
      26 Sept (6.5 weeks) Brothers birthday: 56kg GOAL (5kg in 6.5 weeks)

Hi there
      I was wondering if anyone can help me? Im about to do the bodytrim diet for the second time. First time was very successful loosing about 14 kg. The problem is this time our second baby is still waking through the night :( All I do is get up give her a bottle to have in bed and go back to sleep myself im only awake about 5 mins at the most but was wondering if anyone knows if this will effect my weight loss?
      Thnk you

Girls. Don't waste your money on this stuff. Low carb is the way to do. Get into Ketosis and eat less calories then you burn. You'll lose weight. It is impossible not too.

Walk 40 mins a day before breakfast and that is it. 2 weeks low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Then 1 cheat meal a week. 12 weeks. Done.

Dutch H wrote:

Girls. Don't waste your money on this stuff. Low carb is the way to do. Get into Ketosis and eat less calories then you burn. You'll lose weight. It is impossible not too.

Walk 40 mins a day before breakfast and that is it. 2 weeks low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Then 1 cheat meal a week. 12 weeks. Done.

unfortunately thats not how everyBODY works :mad: :eek:
      - Thought creates reality and then says I didn't do it! -

Dutch H wrote:

Sorry Lea. Didn't mean to upset you.

no worries, i don't get upset very easily :). just found it a bit frustrating for those that genuinely attempt to adopt more healthy ways of eating and adjust their eating patterns long term... i think whatever works for someone is worth the effort. :)

have a great day,
      lea

lea wrote:

no worries, i don't get upset very easily :). just found it a bit frustrating for those that genuinely attempt to adopt more healthy ways of eating and adjust their eating patterns long term... i think whatever works for someone is worth the effort. :)

have a great day,
      lea
      Good point. I understand. I shouldn't be so arrogant about my views. I apologise.

Dutch H wrote:

Good point. I understand. I shouldn't be so arrogant about my views. I apologise.

i understand where you are coming from though, and if i'm honest i have to say that i'm guilty in the same way and have done the same thing many times over (probably why i reacted that way :D). when we are successful with something we want to share it with others and help them to achieve the same. and that's a nice trait really. but it's easy for us to forget that others may work differently or are in a different spot at that time...

cheers,
      lea

Hello all,
      im having the worst time understanding BT, This is my first week and im having trouble understanding the does and donts, like i cant find anything about sauce are you aloud tomoato sauce :P and plus were is some were i can get good protien bars from and can anyone recommend some good ones :) sorry to be a pain but with 20kgs to go and my trip away with the hubby im getting very impaitent :P thanks again all postive feed back welcomed :)

Aliciabourke wrote:

Hello all,
      im having the worst time understanding BT, This is my first week and im having trouble understanding the does and donts, like i cant find anything about sauce are you aloud tomoato sauce :P and plus were is some were i can get good protien bars from and can anyone recommend some good ones :) sorry to be a pain but with 20kgs to go and my trip away with the hubby im getting very impaitent :P thanks again all postive feed back welcomed :)

I really like the Atkins protein bars. Check the sugar contents in sauce, if I am not mistaken he says never have anything which is higher than 5 g of sugar. I am not sure about tomato sauce, but I am under the impression it is high. In sugar.

Good luck x

There is a brand maybe Rosella that used to make a sugar free tomato sauce.

Ah here it is: Rosella Tomato Sauce Low Joule
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.