Bodytrim in a nut shell

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      lisabella wrote:

      I really like the Atkins protein bars. Check the sugar contents in sauce, if I am not mistaken he says never have anything which is higher than 5 g of sugar. I am not sure about tomato sauce, but I am under the impression it is high. In sugar.

      Good luck x



      Thanks heaps :) i went to a local store today and they helped me out with some bars il be shore too give the atkins ago, sadly i think im going to have to give up the old tomato sauce :( it will be dearly missed

      thanks again x
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      HI have just started BT - on day 2 & havent got the books yet. I was wondering & was hoping someone could help

      Is diet jelly allowed on the Protein only days?
      Are protein bars allowed on PO days?

      On day 4 when you can have a carb with protein for breakfast - are their any rules to go with this, ie how much carb etc

      Thanks heaps
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      Mighelli wrote:

      HI have just started BT - on day 2 & havent got the books yet. I was wondering & was hoping someone could help

      Is diet jelly allowed on the Protein only days?
      Are protein bars allowed on PO days?

      On day 4 when you can have a carb with protein for breakfast - are their any rules to go with this, ie how much carb etc

      Thanks heaps


      Not sure about diet jelly, but Protein bars are ok on PO days but a lot of people suggest only having one a day.

      Carbs is just listed as "one serve" which could be a piece of toast or piece of fruit. I just have a piece of toast.
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      Hey all

      I just wanted to check that I will be on the right track when I start this....

      Days 1 - 3: Protein Only Day
      Days 4 - 6: Protein + Fruits and Vegetables
      Day 7: Free Day (do we need to still eat protein and the fruit and vegetables on this day)

      Once you complete this process, do you restart by starting at the Protein Only Day again???

      Also, I already exercise, so would me doing my normal exercise of half hour on the treadmill and half hour on the cross trainer would this speed the weight loss up???

      I guess just a few quessies before I start!!!!
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      RaiderKate wrote:

      Hey all

      I just wanted to check that I will be on the right track when I start this....

      Days 1 - 3: Protein Only Day
      Days 4 - 6: Protein + Fruits and Vegetables
      Day 7: Free Day (do we need to still eat protein and the fruit and vegetables on this day)

      Once you complete this process, do you restart by starting at the Protein Only Day again???

      Also, I already exercise, so would me doing my normal exercise of half hour on the treadmill and half hour on the cross trainer would this speed the weight loss up???

      I guess just a few quessies before I start!!!!


      Hi Kate, and welcome.
      What you have posted is basically the schedule for the first week only. You only do the 3 day Protein Only in the first week, and after that the only Protein Only day is immediately after your free day. The free day need not necessarily be at the end of the week but I find it useful for myself personally.

      The free day means you can have 1-2 "cheat meals" which may or may not necessarily have protein/veg/fruit, but you probably should exercise some caution with the amount of "cheatliness" in said meals. E.g eating a huge bowl of pasta followed by chocolate ice cream and topping may not be the best idea :)

      The extra exercise will probably help with the extra weight loss but it's not absolutely essential. Remember that 70% of the weight loss is diet, so that is the main focus. In the end though it's entirely up to you. Let your body tell you what is best for it :)
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      Hi all - quick shake question :)

      I found Protein Revival - Low Carb Dutch Choc - Nutrition information as follows:

      Fat - 1.9g per 100ml
      Carb - 2.6g per 100ml

      Would this be Body Trip compliant? The carb/fat content is so much lower than other shakes and it tastes so much nicer than the ones I make myself with water :)

      Are shakes like this okay on the PO days?
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      soonsvelte wrote:

      Hi all - quick shake question :)

      I found Protein Revival - Low Carb Dutch Choc - Nutrition information as follows:

      Fat - 1.9g per 100ml
      Carb - 2.6g per 100ml

      Would this be Body Trip compliant? The carb/fat content is so much lower than other shakes and it tastes so much nicer than the ones I make myself with water :)

      Are shakes like this okay on the PO days?


      Yes I would like to know that aslo or is there a replacement shake one can buy with the same ingredients as the one from the body trim site as it is so expensive
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      Hi All
      Im still trying to get my head around this and as I dont have the book can someone tell me is there a certain time we should not eat after even if we have not had all the snacks?
      I like to watch tv in bed and find I really dont want to be getting out to eat just because the 3hrs is up.
      Any advice and tips greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
      Lea
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      Hi Lea,

      On one of the videos Geoff said that you should have your last protein snack just before you go to bed and to eat as soon after waking as possible to keep the time between feeds to a minimum. So I guess there's no time that you can't eat before and as we know during PO that we can have protein snacks hourly I don't think it would matter if it's less than 3 hours since dinner as it's more about minimising the period during sleep.

      Hope that helps,
      Debbie
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      hey guys :) i am about to start body trim and was just wondering if i can go jogging for exercise in the first 4 weeks of starting this diet? i go for regular joggs and dont want to stop because of this diet, could anyone help me out?? thanks
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      Hey guys
      the bodytrim system is fabulous for weightloss, but it's not as "easy" as the bt team claim....You need huge amounts of willpower esp in the first three days(detox) as the caffeine and sugar withdrawels can be very strong dep on your pre bt diet...I had a constant headache that made me so sick..and when your feeling so gross(well for me anyway :) ) I couldn't get my exercise in or my water intake anywhere near where it should have been....once the detox was over though it was OK.

      I have to have either a shake or a protein bar(I use the bt ones) once a day everyday, cause there is only so much tuna and ham I can eat for snacks.
      Now what I mean when I saw it's not easy is that they make it sound like your eating normally and it's not a diet..well it is-I don't find it enjoyable..I don't hate it like many other diets but I don't LOVE the food..so to me it still takes a bit of determination and will.

      Good luck guys-cause it works, but just keep the panadol ready for the 3 day detox..cause it's so easy to come unstuck when your headachy and blah feeling as your body depletes the carbs it has stored.

      Remember not to sweat the small stuff-everyones dif, and lastly if you have a slip up don't think "oh well may as well start tomorrow and eat junk for the rest of the day"-just get straight back onto the plan.

      x
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      I found the detox rather easy but was glad for some vegetables at the end of it,I gathered lots of info from this site and body trim site for ideas for snacks for the detox and I didnt get bored with it at all..I drink a lot of water any way so the bit more water intake didnt pose a problem with me at all..If anything Im finding this the easiest and most enjoyable change of lifestyle I have tryed Im not treating it as a diet its as I said before Lifestyle change...
      :D

      nica wrote:

      Hey guys
      the bodytrim system is fabulous for weightloss, but it's not as "easy" as the bt team claim....You need huge amounts of willpower esp in the first three days(detox) as the caffeine and sugar withdrawels can be very strong dep on your pre bt diet...I had a constant headache that made me so sick..and when your feeling so gross(well for me anyway :) ) I couldn't get my exercise in or my water intake anywhere near where it should have been....once the detox was over though it was OK.

      I have to have either a shake or a protein bar(I use the bt ones) once a day everyday, cause there is only so much tuna and ham I can eat for snacks.
      Now what I mean when I saw it's not easy is that they make it sound like your eating normally and it's not a diet..well it is-I don't find it enjoyable..I don't hate it like many other diets but I don't LOVE the food..so to me it still takes a bit of determination and will.

      Good luck guys-cause it works, but just keep the panadol ready for the 3 day detox..cause it's so easy to come unstuck when your headachy and blah feeling as your body depletes the carbs it has stored.

      Remember not to sweat the small stuff-everyones dif, and lastly if you have a slip up don't think "oh well may as well start tomorrow and eat junk for the rest of the day"-just get straight back onto the plan.

      x
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      Hey Minny
      That's so great your detox was easy, wish mine had been:(
      Yeah it's true-it's the easiest form of weight loss around but still I find it hard to choke down so any protein serves, as I hate tuna or deli meats-so it's not overly enjoyable...but the stepping on the scales and losing 2-5kg weekly is very pleasing and more than helps keep me motivated:D
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      Hi People

      I'm going to start BT next week. I borrowed the DVDs from a friend but needed a bit more info which this site has helped me with.

      I still can't get over snacking on a piece of meat lol. :D

      I exercise regularly at the gym and zumba and have recently joined a boot camp I know this isn't required on the BT system I enjoy these and they keep my fit so will continue. :)

      So thanks to all for the information
    • Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

      In regards to exercise, if you have been doing no exercise at all BT advise that you get your eating right for the first 4 weeks, then introduce the 10,000 steps a day.
      If you already exercise keep doing it, just be sure that you are doing at least 10,000 steps by the 4 week mark. BT puts it in a formula
      Weight loss is
      70% food
      20% basic exercise (walking)
      10% Strenous exercise

      Tomato sauce, condiments should be under 10% - don't have any in the cupboard to check, but will look when I shop today.