Bodytrim in a nut shell

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim in a nut shell

I moved Jamacu's post directly underneath Kath's by removing posts in-between so information is easier to find :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Can someone please clarify if you can have condiments on the 3 day PO days.....I have been having eggs, meat, fish ect plain and it's kinda boring....am I allowed to add pepper, sauces( minimal of course) to them.
      Mini goal 1: 74 kgs .......End of October! ....woohoo achieved 30/10
      Mini goal 2: 69 kgs
      Mini goal 3: 65 kgs
      Long term goal: 60 kgs..... January

Okedokey! My first day of PO only! so far so good!

Just a quick question though, after reading through a few posts I have to ask (as I don't have a BT book!) is it ok to have protein shakes on your PO only days? and what about low cal jelly snacks on PO only days?

:D

Thanks Venusedemilo35!

You've been a great help the last couple of days!

My first PO day is almost over thank goodness! I must say though.... Im not even hungry! Ive been snaking on protein all day long and drinking sooo much water!

I did make up a few low cal jelly's for those times im wanting that sweet taste!

Thanks again! xxoo:D

Lozgarra wrote:

Thanks Venusedemilo35!

You've been a great help the last couple of days!

My first PO day is almost over thank goodness! I must say though.... Im not even hungry! Ive been snaking on protein all day long and drinking sooo much water!

I did make up a few low cal jelly's for those times im wanting that sweet taste!

Thanks again! xxoo:D

Hi Lozgarra

Have you checked out the Body trim recipes thread? Lots of great recipes for snacks - especially for the sweet tooth. I'm so glad you don't feel hungry and that you aren't finding the PO days too difficult. They weren't really for me either just that I had huge issues with wind and constipation, so I recommend the metamucil like they say. It helps.

If you have the jelly as part of a snack just be sure to have some protein with it. There is a recipe for the jelly cheesecakes on the above mentioned thread.

Lozgarra....I personally really love BT...this is my second time starting it and I have really enjoyed it! I thought I would struggle with PO days because I did the first time around but I love them now! I think my stomach has shrunk as I can't eat like I used to! I've been doing BT this time since October 6th this year and love it! Good luck with BT :p
      Mini goal 1: 74 kgs .......End of October! ....woohoo achieved 30/10
      Mini goal 2: 69 kgs
      Mini goal 3: 65 kgs
      Long term goal: 60 kgs..... January

• Hi, thanks for the info on here. Very informative. I haven't read right to the end so excuse me if this has been answered. Sounds like a silly question but for a snack of 50g protein, do I need to consume 50g protein or just 50g of the snack containing high amount of protein.
      i.e. eggs = 13g protein / 100g
      ham = 21g protein / 100g
      cottage cheese = 11g / 100g ….
      Thus, do I have 100g of all these 3 items in a snack to total nearly 45g of protein???

If I just need to chose a snack total weight of 50g then what is the minimum amount of protein it should contain., or do I just make sure there is less than 10g carbs /100g and less than 5g sugar / 100g?

Can I have a small tub of yoghurt for breakfast in the detox period and / or maintenance???

Thanks in advance for your help
    • Welcome Sarah :)

I don't do Bodytrim but here's how I remember it from when it was popular. Protein is the weight of the actual food in the protein list (e.g. 100g ham or eggs) You should find the second post this thread helpful for that.

Yoghurt is not considered a protein so that would be treated as your carb serve and then you would need to add protein to that meal, you could do that by adding 20-30g of protein powder. So you could only have that during the phases where a carb serve is allowed.

Your snack just needs to come from the protein list.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• Hi @Sarah LCHF is very popular at the moment, LCHF stands for low carb high fat. It's not a particular diet plan but rather a life style. Keto is also becoming more popular again now, it's basically Atkins Induction or LCHF with carbs very low 20-50g per day depending on how active you are.

Low Carb Diets: Everything you need to know to get you started

Atkins Induction: Phase 1

LCHF/Scandinavian Diet

Videos