Fat gain on CKD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Fat gain on CKD

Hi Guys,

First of all wondering if anybody has had massive fat gain with the CKD?
      Basically I finished my first 2 weeks of low carb and got to my first carb re-feed, in that day I gained a considerate amount of fat.
      I know it is said that some people may experience some fat gain the first couple of times they do re-feed's but I am wondering if this tendency dies down or dies out eventually?

And also is the weekly re-feed OK or should I push it back a bit further, basically I go to the gym 5 days a week so, any comments, suggestion or input?

Thanks in Advance!!!
    • Re: Fat gain on CKD

Hey Banga, you didn't gain massive fat gain overnight, it just does not happen. What you did gain was fluid from the carbohydrates, it is to be expected and will be gone in a couple of days :)

How often really depends on how you feel and how close to goal you are. The closer to goal you get the more refeeds.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Lol,
      Thanks...

Its funny because it feels like I have gotten double as fat overnight :D

I guess it probably has more to do with my head as this was the first time I went from low carb to carb-feed...
      Probably sounding like an idiot now lol...

Anyways so far my body fat is in the low teens and I am looking to drop it down to 5-8% body fat, without loosing lean muscle mass. So would it be better to stick it out for a while as is?

Another quick question about exercise in case I have missed it, I know that interval training is the best sort of training for fat loss, however I am also told of the fact that in ketosis to the more aerobic exercise you do the more fat you will loose.

Thus would this mean it would be better to walk for cardio as the interval training would deplete glycogen?

Sorry for the ton of questions

Yes ketosis is not the best for high intensity, you could have carbs right before and straight after to replenish glycogen. BTW the muscle glycogen will be accounting for a lot if not all of the fluid gain. If you like HIIT you could do it on the morning of your refeed day, have some carbs with it to fuel it and then get stuck in the refeed. Some say HIIT is ok for ketosis but it may be a YMMV thing, I found it would wipe me out.

PS: Being a bodybuilder you might like this website: size matters
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.