Low Carb Chilli Nut Chocolate

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Chilli Nut Chocolate

This idea came from Jamie Oliver in his latest book except I made the amount a little bigger, omitted the dried fruit, added a pinch of salt and a little sweetener to offset the bitterness of the lindt, I have also added shaved coconut before. There is meant to be half nuts of your choice and half dried fruit. If you use hazelnuts roast them separately and remove the skins.

This is a great idea to treat yourself for special occasions like Easter. You could even add a little organic dried apricot or cranberries for a treat if you wanted.

Low Carb Chilli Nut Chocolate

Ingredients:

300g/10.6oz Lindt 85%, broken into smallish pieces
      300g/10.6oz raw mixed nuts (I chose almonds, hazelnut, pecan and pistachio)
      1 Heaped TBL sunflower of pumpkin seeds
      A little sweetener to taste (I use a mix of erythritol and stevia)
      pinch of salt
      1/2 red chilli, seeds removed and finely diced

Source:

Melt lindt over hot water, stir in sweetener and salt.

Roast nuts and seeds in oven, just before ready add the chilli. Jamie says to add the chilli at the start but it roasts too quickly and burns.

Chop nuts, add about 2/3 of the nut, seed and chilli mixture into the chocolate and pour into a corningware type baking dish or a tray lined with baking paper (not quite roasting tray length), sprinkle remaining nut mixture over the top and press lightly. Set in fridge. Once set, stab gently with a sharp knife to form a bunch of jagged bite size peices.

Very yum, we all love it. I used one of my own chillis this time and it was quite hot compared to when I use the long red chillis from the supermarket or fruit and veg.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: add ().

• Re: Low Carb Chilli Nut Chocolate

It's really yum, you could always replace some nuts with some dried fruit like apricots and change to 70% lindt for those non low carbers :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.