coconut cake

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• coconut cake

hi all even with everything going on in my life i still find time to eat lol. meant to post this last week, a realllllllly yummmmmy lowcarb cake.

sort of sounds like a cheesecake but not at all more a moist cake, like a mud cake type of texture ohhh yumm might add some chocolate next time heheh.

coconut cheese squares ( i added some lime zest as well )

250g cream cheese softened
      1/2 cup of butter
      1 cup of coconut flour (you could prob use desicated coconut have done this before with muffins and worked out well)
      1/2 cup of sweetenr
      4 large eggs
      2 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence

pre heat oven to 180
      beat butter and cream cheese together slowly add sugar and vanilla (lime zest as well ) whip till combined then while whisking add one egg at a time and mix well with each addition. Add coconut flour till well combined. place into a cake tin and bake for 30 mins
      cool,
      serve with cream

(i toook this to a dinner party and every one raved over it)
    • Re: coconut cake

rose_willow wrote:

That sounds AMAZING! YUM YUM!

Now all I have to do is find coconut flour...

i just got mine from local health shop., prob could get on line too, Now it is a little exy but you dont use much into equivilent of normal flour, as it sucks up a lot of moisture.... anywya yeah it was yummy had some for desert tonight.:)

sinders wrote:

i just got mine from local health shop., prob could get on line too, Now it is a little exy but you dont use much into equivilent of normal flour, as it sucks up a lot of moisture.... anywya yeah it was yummy had some for desert tonight.:)

I went to my local health food store looking for it last week and they said they usually stock but but just not at the moment. Translated I think that means its not really a big seller and when they can be bothered they order it......

rose_willow wrote:

I went to my local health food store looking for it last week and they said they usually stock but but just not at the moment. Translated I think that means its not really a big seller and when they can be bothered they order it......

sometimes you can get it from your local markets, have seen it their before. Or just ask them to order it in for you,... After shopping on friday i will exoerinmetn the cake with normal desicated coconut, see how i go. and will let you know. Or yoiu could always find a chinese supermarket, they stock all sorts of wonderfull things, i alwayys buy my coconut milk powder from them. So maybe they might have coocnut flour or might get it in for you as well.

hope this helps

sinders wrote:

hi all even with everything going on in my life i still find time to eat lol. meant to post this last week, a realllllllly yummmmmy lowcarb cake.

sort of sounds like a cheesecake but not at all more a moist cake, like a mud cake type of texture ohhh yumm might add some chocolate next time heheh.

coconut cheese squares ( i added some lime zest as well )

250g cream cheese softened
      1/2 cup of butter
      1 cup of coconut flour (you could prob use desicated coconut have done this before with muffins and worked out well)
      1/2 cup of sweetenr
      4 large eggs
      2 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence

pre heat oven to 180
      beat butter and cream cheese together slowly add sugar and vanilla (lime zest as well ) whip till combined then while whisking add one egg at a time and mix well with each addition. Add coconut flour till well combined. place into a cake tin and bake for 30 mins
      cool,
      serve with cream

(i toook this to a dinner party and every one raved over it)

I am going to go looking for the coconut flour over the weekend as I think this recipe will be a nice change to the cream cheese muffins I seem to be getting over very quickly.
      I hate anything that tastes egg (fried eggs even make me hurl). Do you think it would matter if I only put two eggs in and then just a few tbsp of cream?