Pinned Shirataki Noodles and Rice! (Miracle Noodles)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Shirataki Noodles and Rice! (Miracle Noodles)

Miracle Noodles are a low carb, low calorie shirataki noodle now available in Australia but not only do they sell low carb noodles / pasta, they now have rice!

Update: Miracle Noodles now have 5 varieties of shirataki noodles available in Australia to choose from: low carb angel hair, fettuccine, penne, rice and spaghetti.

They have an affiliate thing so I have set up an account so anyone that is planning on checking them out then it would be nice if you use my link which will go towards the cost of the site. I figured this would be good to do, as it looks like a good deal as you get 10 of these packages with free postage and I haven't seen rice before?

I still want this website to remain advertising free so it won't be pushed other then I will chuck a link in the shirataki thread and the Aussie products thread. I just have to think about the costs and now if I am to buy a house I have to be more realistic about these costs particularly if we get busier and I have to upgrade my webhost again as well as software costs with Vbulletin changing I think I have to buy it again in a couple of months as I think they are changing the way their yearly licenses work to a lifetime license. So, I have set up this account but it is not an obligatory thing but rather if you plan on buying from them anyway then my link is there for you to use to help towards this website, kill two birds with one stone kinda thing.

When you go to the website make sure to select Australia in the top right corner.

Miracle Noodles

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sherrie: update ().

• Re: Shiritaki Noodles and Rice!

I have no idea, I bought a packet once and never tried it as I have been happy with zucchini strips. But there's lots of others here that like the noodles so they're very popular just difficult to find. Must say I am tempted to try the rice as I hate grating cauliflower.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Re: Shirataki Noodles and Rice!

Wow, thanks for this Sherrie.
      We have not been able to find a site about them before and the fact that they have all different types is great.
      I will order some of the rice one when I have some more money. Do we just click on the link above to use your account?

aussie-tash they taste really good providing you wash them really well first, I don't know why but they have a strong fishy smell (thats why you wash them well). I use them in spag bog or curries. This site also has some yummy recipe ideas which i plan to try.

As far as I know, I have never done it before! Make sure to go to the Australian buyers page as the ones on the main page would be for US.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

The noodles are great. They have no taste as such but are a great way to add the rice noodle style to anything. I have used them as spaghetti, the flavour of the added food is what counts. Think they would even be nice in a cold Asian style salad.
      I have bought the packets of the noodles in Bondi Junction (an Asian Japanese grocery store) in my local Asian grocery store and round Australia. Sometimes the translation says Rice Starch or Yam starch but the carb panel shows it is not rice starch nor is it the starchy yam as we know. Low, low carb.
      The packets are on the shelf usually with a green, red and orange banner and may call them Konnyaku and the picture has a wonderful array of vegetables and some of the bundles of noodles in a pot ready for stock to be added. Yuuuummmm.
      I have some of the seeds planted in my vegetable garden that I ordered from the Green Harvest seed company. I love the tuber raw as an apple substitute and have bought the real thing in Canberra and Darwin. In Perth I even bought packets of frozen grated Yam Bean in an Asian store.
      I am interested in the rice so am going to try the mail order thingy.
      Fearless in the face of dietary Fat. Increased fat, dropped carbs to very low low and reached target weight and more! Low carber for (my) Life

Haha it sure is, luckily I don't think I recall anyone over the years saying they don't like shirataki noodles.

Has anyone tried the rice yet? what is the texture like for rice?

Thanks Akasha, the texture is what I am curious about. I am tempted to buy some in bulk as I noticed it is much cheaper but I am a bit worried about the texture as I am very fussy with textures. I wonder what it would be like in a curry?

ok so I got my noodles. Firstly I didnt realise they were only one serve per pack! I was imagining something more like a normal pack of noodles with more serves! That makes them PRETTY expensive!!!

I didnt read that they came in water either- doh! The smell didnt bother me toooo much and I thought they tasted great!

I can see lots of scope for them...BUT!:eek: OMG I have been in agony since eating them, my lower tummy (intestines) have been so sore, I read that the Japanese call them the gut sweeper and I can see why! Deary me, it will a be a relief to pass this all through sorry if TMI! I will approach with caution and much to drink after eating them next time. I am going to see if I can get them cheaper at a Japanese supermarket.

They advertise that they are two serves per packet and to be honest when I first got them I thought what a crock there is only one serve in this as the packet is quite small. After eating them though I discovered that I could only eat half a packet as I found them to be quite filling. I am going to make chilli con carne tonight and put it with the miracle rice and see how that goes, hopefully should taste nice. I have tried to find somewhere local that sells them too but have had no luck. We don`t even have an asian supermarket in our area so have tried elsewhere with no luck.

I just noticed something today about the miracle noodles and rice that I bought. On the web site it says that the use by date for these noodles is 12 months. When I bought the noodles and rice though they sent me an email saying that the use by date is 6 months anyhow I was just looking at the packets and noticed that mine expire in 3 months and my miracle rice has no use by date on it. I just thought I should share this with anyone just in case any were thinking of buy a big bulk order thinking that it will last for 12 months when it won`t. I was going to buy a big order next time as the more you buy the cheaper it is but I won`t be now. I will be keeping my orders smaller as I don`t want to risk having any going out of date.

That's what I want to do (buy big order) as it works out to be really cheap that way. You should contact them about the expiry.