Bodyscuplt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Is anyone here on Bodysculpt ? How are you finding it compared to Bodytrim ? I have just completed my first week on Bodysculpt. I have been enjoying the exercises except now I have injured my knee. Looking forward to it healing up so that I can get back on track. I don`t miss my free days and I don`t miss the carbs at breakfast. I feal more in control and my body feals less bloated and clearer without the carb breaky serves.
    • Re: Bodyscuplt

hi Akasha, i am doing BT - I've seen people talk a little about bodysculpt on the bt forums, but don't really know what it is. Is it mostly about the bands?

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wJDDxPs/weight.png]

started BT on 10/01/10
      mini challenge with Lea - 6kgs lost by end of March (start 74.9)!
      goal weight - 67kgs - by Easter :)

Hi Heiding,
      This is what I wrote to describe it in another thread.

"Its sort of the same as Bodytrim except there is no free day and there are no carbs at breakfast. I normally will just have two eggs for breakfast. More of a low carb diet. There is no free day but on Bodysculpt they will have what they call two advanced free days a week. What you eat on these days is things like cheese and nuts for snacks instead of the meat you eat on Bodytrim. You can eat avocado on these free days. Its basically upping your calorie intake on these days by eating good fats and upping your vege portions, say adding veges to your breakfast.

You still have to do the 10 thousand steps a day and 30 minute walking but as well as that included in the kit you get these elastic band thingys that you do resistance training with them for 30 minutes 3 times a week. Working on toning your muscles.

The pack also gives you more information as to the science behind eating and how it effects your body."

I think its mostly about body toning but I am using it for weight loss as it cuts out the carbs. There is allot of information in the dvd`s mainly about the exercise but it can be used as a lifestyle and an alternative to Bodytrim. If you continue to do it for longer than six weeks what happens is on the seventh week you have 3 advanced free days in a row to jumpstart your body and confuse your metabolism and on that week you give yourself a break from the bands. Then for the next six weeks after that you continue as normal.

Like I say though I am still learning and have only been doing it for one week so if anyone else has been doing it for longer or has more info to share please do.

Some of us are interested in this BodySculpt but haven't bought it. You mentioned in another post that the bands were starting to fray already and that you are finding the EPOC rules hard to keep to.
      Weight Loss Goal - to reach 55kg
      Currently doing 12 week body transformation - at 64kg (9kg to goal)
      (Started 27/8/12 at 77.8kg)

Well I couldn`t imagine working full time and trying to fit it in with the resting period and the before and after eating times. Its a bit more managable for me being a stay at home mum. Personally I find it all so annoying and it takes a big chunk out of my morning as I like to walk on the treadmill for an hour each day too. A couple of people have complained about trying to fit in the epoc work out times on the Bodysculpt challenge board and say that they can`t do it and others have complained saying that they can`t possibly do the workout in the 20 to 30 minutes that Geoff says it takes. I suppose they just do the exercise when they can fit it in, one good thing about the bands though is that they are portable and all you need is a door to fit the anchor into so you can do them anywhere.

I have had problems with the bands, I have had to ring BT twice last week about different bands fraying and the stitching in the handles falling apart, they were good on the phone and offered to send out replacements, I have received one replacement in the post and am just waiting on another package to arrive with another band. I asked the lady on the phone at BT if this has happened to anyone else or am I just unlucky maybe getting a bad bunch amongst many good. She said that they have had several calls about the bands and have had to send out replacements but she said this is not what has happened to everyone. A BT friend on facebook said that her friend has been using the bands for a while and hers are fine. So maybe I was just unlucky, who knows.

I have given it a go and its not for me but it might be a great plan for someone else and you may love it and may have better luck with the bands.

I don't think you have to be still for an hour after the resistance training as they suggest.

If the resistance training is meant to be intervals you are meant to do it at a good speed without breaks. If you just rest for 5 minutes after and then get on the treadmill to do your walk (nice and steady not fast) it should be fine.
      The intervals put you in the fat burning mode afterwards and the walk after intervals will burn off that extra fat.

I've just read more about this.
      If you go into the resistance training in a fasted state - as soon as you wake up in the morning or 3-4 hrs after eating you are more likely to be carb-depleted. You do you intervals using up any glycogen in your stores. Doing intervals at a pretty intense pace ensures that fat is released from stores as free fatty acids. If you do steady state cardio right after you ensure the free fatty acids that are released in the blood stream after intervals get used up while doing the cardio. If you don't use the free fatty acids they just go back into store.
      Also the EPOC is correct but I've read that its exaggerated about how many extra calories are burned and you really need to work hard at the intervals for it to occur. If you wait an hour after exercising before eating it increases HGH - Human Growth Hormone release and encourages body to burn more fat for fuel.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Snez ().

I'm not sure its really necessary as they state but I'm going to ask someone who has written a book on intervals and steady state cardio what his thoughts were on this 1 hour wait.

Typical day for me is as follows

Breakfast 2 eggs

morning tea 50 gram steak

Lunch normally left overs from tea the night before, some sort of meat and veg

Afternoon tea 50 gram chicken

Dinner 100 g meat and veg

Night snack, 1 tin of tuna

Just like Bt a normal day is the same but without the po day and without the free day and no carbs in breakfast at all.

Jumpstart day

breakfast 1 egg and 50 gram of bacon, fried tomatoe

(increase the calories by adding more veg)

morning tea 50 gr almonds

Lunch last nights left overs

afternoon 50 gram cheese

dinner can have a quarter of avocado with it or maybe 20 grams of cheese in a normal bt meal, maybe add olive oil to your salad

night snack, I have been having an atkins choc bar

The post was edited 1 time, last by Akasha ().

Snez wrote:

I'm not sure its really necessary as they state but I'm going to ask someone who has written a book on intervals and steady state cardio what his thoughts were on this 1 hour wait.

Okies if you do please share what they said as I am interested too. I am looking through my book but I can`t find what was said about it at the moment. The BS book goes into allot of detail about hormones and how the body works, heaps of info. You also lose a point each time you don`t do the hour rest after each epoc training.

thanks akasha... so when are u meant to do these jumpstart days im guessing that they are apart from each other... 4.4kg in one week is a big loss so on a weightloss standpoint this is a good program then... just not easy to stick to long term am i right?
      The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

Yeah I was over the moon with the 4.4 loss but since then it has gradually dropped and I have been working my butt off walking 4 and a half k`s 6 days a week as well as epoc, unless its because I may be building muscle who knows but Geoff does say with BS to use other methods instead of the scales to determine weight loss. (Me and the scales have a love/hate relationship :D)

I don`t think for myself anyway its something that I can stick with long term and thats what I am searching for something that I can stick with in the long run. Bodysculpt is more for after doing Bodytrim to tone up and to help with plateaus but I decided to do it as a weight loss thing but then again I was on Bodytrim for some time and started having problems with plateaus.

The jumpstart days are done twice a week with 3 days in between to break it up. So most people have them on a Wednesday and Sunday each week or a Tuesday and Saturday. After six weeks of following BS you have 3 days in a row in the middle of the week as jumpstart days and you have a break from the epoc training that week. Thats to speed up the metabolism and then afterwards you continue as before and the cycle begins again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Akasha ().

Re the EPOC 1 hour break it is not necessary:

"Q: I have a question about EPOC.
      This programme in Australia recommends that you wait one hour after your intervals to do cardio. I have read elsewhere that sitting still for about 5 mins after intervals will suffice and then you can do your steady state cardio to burn the free fatty acids.
      Is a break after intervals and prior to cardio really necessary?

A: No need to wait at all...I simply will walk slowly for about 5 minutes and then speed up the cardio. The hour of waiting is completely unnecessary."

Back to me again - so if waiting 1hr after your resistance training is a hassle its really not necessary to do. This way atleast you will get it done. I think the resistance training is way more important to do then too much cardio.

I am not sure what to do here. It seems now I am putting on weight :eek:. I have been putting on 100 grams a day since last Friday and now all of my hard work is coming undone :(. Any advice on what to do, I am totally stumped. I have been walking on my treadmill for an hour every day. My eating has not changed I have been following Bodysculpt to the letter. I am really scratching my head here.

Do you know how many calories you are eating?
      So you have low carb and low fat days AND higher fat 2 times per week.
      As an example what do you eat on these 2 different days?
      Are you still doing the resistance work or just the cardio?

Okay, I saw your food list previous page - maybe its the cheese.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Snez ().

hey akasha do u get access to the bodytrim forum with bodysculpt... if so i would definately be asking their experts cos that doesnt seem quite right to me....remember they make all these strong claims that they have to back up with support... hound them! the only thing i can think of is muscle gain have u lost any cms
      The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!