BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: BODY TRIM RECIEPES!! POST HERE!

I know that cauliflower rice will be on here somewhere as a carb free option but was just wanted to add that I found a recipe on best recipes that is sooo good!

Grate cauliflower
      Heat some oil in pan and add 1 tspn crushed garlic and 1 shallot ( I used half a leek and it was delicious!)
      Cook until brown
      Add cauliflower and sauté for 4 min

Sorry if this recipe already posted but just getting started on this site and wanted to share as it perfect under BT curry chicken
    • Re: BODY TRIM RECIEPES!! POST HERE!

Venusdemilo35 wrote:

I know that cauliflower rice will be on here somewhere as a carb free option but was just wanted to add that I found a recipe on best recipes that is sooo good!

Grate cauliflower
      Heat some oil in pan and add 1 tspn crushed garlic and 1 shallot ( I used half a leek and it was delicious!)
      Cook until brown
      Add cauliflower and sauté for 4 min

Sorry if this recipe already posted but just getting started on this site and wanted to share as it perfect under BT curry chicken

Yummy, going to try that tonight! :)
    • Re: BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

ladynyck wrote:

hey jules, go make yourself a coffee and read through this forum as it is filled with heaps and heaps of ideas... Ive made a word document with cutting and pasting the recipes from here and now have a small cookbook of ideas to keep me going :)

Hey there, I have just spent a few hours looking through all these recipes and did the exact same thing! Lol!

Just a few questions though...... the recipes with almond meal and peanut butter..... can they be used as protein snacks?

Also, can the diet jelly be eaten just like the normal jelly to possibly accompany one of the BT complient protein snacks?

And..... can someone please tell me what isle I would find the low carb bread crumbs because I can't find them anywhere!! And can u use these for schnitzels etc as well?

Lastly..... physillium husk.... this sounds gross..... does it taste ok??

Thanks heaps for your help! :)

hi

I am another newbie here and have not yet commenced any kind of low carb diet, though I have been predominantly paleo for a while (no bread, potatoes, rice, dairy etc).

I just had a quick question about an ingredient I read in one of the recipes. It is called Xylitol and I wondered if any members who have used it could comment on it vs some of the other sweeteners I have read in recipes, like Splenda.

Xylitol does seem to be a more natural product, but just keen on some input

cheers guys

honkin

:welcome: Honkin what a great name- I have not used Xylitol but Sherrie & Lala use it & one of them will pop in here & help you soon - doesn't that sound very official :D. I follow a low carb woe which is possibly the same as paleo but I have dairy - love my yoghurt - why not stay with paleo if you are used to it :).

There was a discussion on xylitol here: xylitol it's from China

I use erythritol myself: Anyone know how to source Erythritol??

I just found this old thread before I started using erythritol and stevia, it goes into your question a fair bit: Xylitol and spenda
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

There is a thread somewhere in the forum about sweeteners.....I use Erythritol and Stevia......I like to do a lot of baking and Erythritol is great for that. I used to buy Natvia but I make my own now with E & S. Stevia is very sweet, I use a pinch in a cup of tea, it takes a while to get used to but I love it now. I think Xylitol in larger quantities can cause tummy aches/problems.....I'm not sure.....have a look for that thread and see what you can find out? There is a lot of information on the WEB too.....just google it! Oh, I buy mine from USA, it's a lot cheaper that way.....I buy a couple of kilos at a time from a company called iHerb. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your replies re Xylitol. I am not really planning on using any sweeteners at all except in some of the things like cakes, biscuits etc. I can't remember the last time I used sugar for anything except maybe a Thai dressing.

But I do like the sound of using something natural if I am going to use anything, so very much appreciate the advice.

I'll post some very nice low carb, high protein Thai recipes for you as well. I have loads!

Thanks again

honkin

Its been many many years since I made jelly cheesecakes (the cream cheese kind which is where the BT versions come from) but my favourite one was purple (don't remember if it was plum, cherry or port wine etc) and the most disgusting was tropical or pineapple.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Hi again

Here is my first recipe and I hope it is not too in your face for those who are not lovers of spice. Just adjust the dressing to suit your palate.

Is it possible to attach a nutritional label for recipes? I can save these labels to my PC, but the insert image icon only allows for putting in a URL and not an image from my computer. it is not possible to cut and paste them from the sites I have seen either.

Laarb Gai - North Eastern Spicy Thai Minced Chicken Salad

Serves: 2
      Preparation: 15 minutes
      Cooking Time: 5 minutes

OK, you need to start with 2 things that you can't buy anywhere - roasted, ground sticky rice and roasted chilli powder. Both are dead simple to prepare and after you have done them, you have them for future Laarbs or other Thai salads.

So take as much sticky rice (glutinous rice) as you want to do and pop it into a dry frypan. Roast it, stirring and tossing it frequently on medium heat until it becomes golden brown. Put it in your mortar and grind it so you have a combo of powder and some more gritty stuff maybe the size of 1/4 of a rice grain or smaller. Store it in an airtight container for ages....if it lasts.

For the chilli, take some small, hot dry red chillies and and put them in a frypan and dry roast on medium to low until they turn slight dark. You'll get a lovely nutty smell in your kitchen and it may cause you to cough a bit. That's the price you pay for spice. Keep tossing them and stirring until they are quite dark all over. Now remove them to your mortar and pound until you have a mixture of powder and some tiny flakes. Store it in an airtight container.

Laarb Ingredients:
      225g chicken or pork minced (if using chicken, use leg and breast 50/50)
      1tbs lime juice
      2 tbs water
      1/4 cup coriander leaves (just picked off the stalks)
      1/4 cup mint leaves (also picked off the stalks)
      1/4 thinly sliced red shallots or onions
      1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onions (green part only)
      2 tbs very thinly sliced lemongrass (discard tough outer layers, remove the bottom inch or so and use only the next 2" or so)

Dressing:
      3 tbs good fish sauce (squid brand or even a Vietnamese one from Phu Quoc)
      3tbs lime juice
      1tbs ground sticky rice
      1/2 tbs roasted chilli powder
      1tsp sweetener (totally optional - xylitol or other if you want. A tiny bit just takes the edge off both the heat and the lime)

Method:
      Mix the mince with the 1 tbs of lime juice and let sit for a few minutes. Heat your saucepan to hot and put in the mince and lime juice and add 2 tbs water. Cook until done......pork is OK slightly underdone, but not the chicken. You do still want it to be moist, so don't overdo it.

Transfer the mince mixture to a large bowl, large enough to take all of the rest of your ingredients. Add the onions/shallots, mint, coriander, lemongrass and spring onion and mix well.

Now add the roasted chilli, fish sauce, lime juice and most of the ground sticky rice and mix well. Save maybe 1 tsp of the rice to sprinkle on top.

Taste to make sure the balance is right for you, adding more fish sauce, lime juice, chilli or sweetener if needed. If you like the texture of it to have more crunch, add more of the sticky rice.

This can be eaten with lettuce leaves if you require or just as is. Just spoon laarb into a lettuce cup and eat like sang choi bao.

Please enjoy it. I'll post some more spicy recipes as time allows

cheers

honkin

hi again

Is anyone able to tell me whether the PO snacks must be strictly PO, or can high protein low carb do the trick? This has been the hardest thing for me to try and come up with variety and keep them to 50g or so.

So if a recipe had only 7.2g carbs per 50g serve, of which 1.2g was sugars and had 12.3g protein, I assume this type of thing is fine. It's more about the sugars, than the total carbs, yeah?

I spotted some peanut butter cookies in this thread that had exactly that nutritional breakdown. So even though that work out at 14.4g of total carbs per 100g, they only have 2.4g of sugars per 100g and 24.6g protein per 100g.

I'm just trying to get my head around the protein snack part more than anything else.

thanks again

honkin

A piece of meat/chicken etc is somewhere around 20-30g of protein per 100g.

If you go to the BT site and look at the nutritional serve of their cookies they are very similar:

e.g. Double choc per 50g

fat: 9.8
      protein: 11.7
      carbs: 5g
      -sugars: 3.5g
      polydextrose: 4.4g
      sugar alcohols: 8.8g

Make your own, much cheaper and you have control over the ingredients :)