BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

Hi LTR

I'm not to sure what BC refers to however if your doing Bodytrim (BT) this would be ok but not for PO days. Make sure that you still only have 100g of protien & just enough sauce

I would keep your PO days strictly protien

Cheers

Suzie
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)

LTR wrote:

Thanks Suzie
      yes my fat fingers BT, I am struggling with finding interesting stutt to eat on the PO so I am hoping to get a few ideas before restarting my journey on Monday.

All i can suggest is the following

Tuna - plain or flavoured but plain is better
      Seafood - prawns, fish, crab etc
      Deli meats
      Chicken
      Beef
      Eggs

You can use herbs & spieces

Yeah the detox PO days are horrible....plain & boring.

If you go to the bodytrim diet 2 thread there is a link on the first page called bodytrim in a nutshell. a few post down there is actually a list of protien that someone has taken straight out of the BT Book. I would list them for you but i dont have my book with me

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Suzie xx

Thanks Suzie yes I have been reading the forums for a while now and have go lots a ideas I will go and re read that thread. I have been on and off BT for about 3 months but always fall off the wagon so by starting a diary I am hoping it will keep me more accountable and on the straight and norrow. Not looking forward to the 3 days again but it will be worth it in the end.
      Leanne

LTR wrote:

Thanks Suzie yes I have been reading the forums for a while now and have go lots a ideas I will go and re read that thread. I have been on and off BT for about 3 months but always fall off the wagon so by starting a diary I am hoping it will keep me more accountable and on the straight and norrow. Not looking forward to the 3 days again but it will be worth it in the end.
      Leanne

Have you gained more than 5kgs? if not you only have to day 1 detox day :)

LTR wrote:

No weight has stayed the same :) if I can get away with only one day thats would be better:D

Well it states in the BT kit that if you don't gain more than 5kgs since stopping BT then you only need to do 1 PO & then your on your way.

When i first started on the 25th Feb 2011 i lasted a week then i fell of the wagon then i started it up again on the 16th Mar 2011 had gained 2 kgs but i only did 1 day PO & here i am today only 2.1kgs away from goal weight.

I made a yummy crustless quiche for my husband and myself. I had it on my PO day as it ticks all the boxes.

6 eggs
      Herbs - I only used chives as that's what I had
      Bacon - all visible fat trimmed
      Low fat Tasty cheese
      Cherry tomatoes

I cooked the bacon that I'd cut up into strips and put it in the bottom of a pyrex pie dish then whisked the eggs and chives with a little seasoning and poured over the bacon making sure the one third of the bottom had less bacon that the rest (so I could just have a taste but not too much!). Then I laid two whole chives to mark out a third portion that I was going to eat and filled the rest up with the tomatoes (as I can't have them). Then I sprinkled a liberal amount of the cheese on the two thirds that was for my husband and only a couple token bits for myself (just so I'd feel like I was sharing the same meal). I then put it in the oven at 160 for about 15-20 minutes till the cheese was brown.

When I cut up my third I actually made it a little smaller so it would be closest to the 100g protein portion. I plan on making this again with more veggies on my normal days as it was so yummy.......probably still limit the cheese on my third though.

Yummy!

Just found this one in the May Recipes+ I will be trying these next week

Vietnamese Pork Patties
      500g Pork mince
      1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
      1 fresh long red chilli seeded, finely chopped
      2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
      1/4 cup sesame seeds
      2 tablespoons fish sauce
      1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
      2 tablespoons peanut oil
      dipping sauce of choice

Combine mince ginger chilli black pepper sesame seeds, fish sauce and coriander. Shape into 50 or 100g patties. Cover with plastic wrap chill for 15minutes.
      Brush patties with oil, cook on moderatley high char-grill.

If you dont have fish sauce a quick google says you can use soy or a mixture of 2 parts soy 1 part lime juice. Also the recipe says you could use beef, chicken or a miture of port and veal mince.
      If it's meant to be it's up to me!

Thanks everyone for all those fab recipes.. tried some of them and they are brilliant.

Had a small problem with the Spinach and Ricotta balls, I went to add to them to the water as described and they dissolved upon hitting the water.

Never mind, turned a negative into a positive.... got out the non stick fry pan and fried them so they became Spinach and Ricotta mini fritters.

With three or four in a bowl and added a little home made Bolognese sauce...
      It was superb... Fixed my pasta fix!

I will fix this up tomorrow but could I request that every body asking questions not related to the recipes posted in this thread instead post their questions in the Bodytrim discussion thread: Bodytrim Diet 2 or in a thread of it's own; e.g. Lenards Chicken on Bodytrim

The reason I suggest this, is because otherwise, this thread will get cluttered up with lots of unrelated posts and make it harder for everyone later when trying to look through the recipes etc
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

No don't apologise :) I am only asking because the bodytrim threads get long very quickly which being new you wouldn't know :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Ok I have moved all the unrelated posts to the Bodytrim discussion thread, you can find it here: Bodytrim Diet 2

Lets keep this thread for posting recipes and questions related to the recipes so they don't get lost in unrelated discussion :)

Here are a few recipes by Chris Lynton (Nutritionist, Bodytrim)

Nutspice Protein Cake

Ingredients:
      90g Protein Powder
      3 tspns Baking Powder
      1 Tblspn Splenda (you could delete this completely -there is no need for it)
      3 medium Eggs
      3 Tblspns Cottage Cheese
      1/4 cup Water
      1/4 cup Peanuts, chopped
      1 Tblspn Vanilla Extract
      2 tspns Cinnamon
      1 tspn Nutmeg (I found this amount of combined spice just a little too much,
      try the mix with a little less, you can always add a touch more)

Method:
      Mix dry ingredients.
      In separate bowl mix eggs, cottage cheese and vanilla extract with whisk.
      Beat well and add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
      Add water - should be wet like cake mix.
      Pour in to lined loaf pan.
      Bake at 170 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Could also be made into "muffins" - I've not made it this way but it would be nice, extra muffins could be frozen.

Chris' Peanut Butter Cookies

Makes 15 Cookies
      Prep and cooking time about - 30 minutes

Ingredients
      1 Egg
      1/2 cup Splenda (I use just over 1/4 cup and find it plenty)
      1/2 Peanut Butter
      1/2 cup Butter (I use about 110 - 120g, surprising how just less than 1/2 cup makes a big difference to the cookies i.e. they don't ooze butter when cooking or leave a blotchy spot on the baking paper)
      Dash Salt
      1/4 tspn Baking Soda
      1/2 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
      1/2 cup Gluten Flour (I saw in my local IGA this week they are now selling it in the cake mix/flour section, it can also be bought at a health food store)
      1 tspn Vanilla Extract

Method:
      In a mixing bowl cream butter and sweetener, then add the egg and beat well.
      Add the peanut butter aned vanilla extract, blend well.
      Add protein powder, wheat gluten, salt and baking soda. Mix to form a moderately stiff dough. Stiff enough to handle, yet isn't sticky.
      Place by rounded teaspoons on a cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
      Bake at 300F / 150C for about 12 -n 15 minutes.

Chris" Note - I have made 2 batches so far, baking them for 15 minutes leaves the centres soft and chewy - bake for 20 minutes and they come out soft and crumbly. And YESthey don't fall apart until they are in your mouth.

** I make a batch of these every couple of weeks (cooking for about 12 minutes) and they are delicious; I wait for them to cool completely and then freeze them, using one as a snack most days; mostly as my evening snack - just the thought of meat later in the evening makes me cringe.

Protein Chocolate Cake / Muffins

Makes 5 - 8 serves @ 40 to 50g per serve
      Preparation time - approx 30 minutes

Ingredients:
      2/3 cup low carb/high protein powder
      3 tblspns pure cocoa
      3 large eggs
      1 tspn baking powder
      1/4 cup oil (I always use 1/3rd cup - helps prevent dryness)
      1 Tblspn Natural Peanut butter
      3 Tblspns Splenda
      1/4 cup Water (sometimes you need a little more to get "Cake Mix" consistency)

Method:
      Preheat oven to 325F - 160C
      Put dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
      Mix oil and eggs in separate bowl.
      Melt the peanut butter, stirring until blended.
      Add water a couple of Tablespoons at a time and fold in with spatula (I always use large metal spoon and mix lightly until just combined, other wise it tends to go on the dry side) until you have a smooth but thick consistency.
      Pour into either a loaf pan or muffin tins and bake for approximatelly 15 minutes.

** I ALWAYS make these into muffins, getting about 10, and cooking for about 12 minutes. Cooking any longer tends to dry them out.

Make sure you don't overmix as the "muffins" will definitely be rubbery / dry.

They freeze perfectly, are great just warmed in the microwave, or even better let come naturally to room temperature.

Peanut Butter Protein Bar"

Makes 4 serves
      Prep time - approx 20 minutes

Ingredients
      2 Tblspns Natural Peanut Butter
      2 Tblspns Butter
      1 tspn Splenda (or to taste)
      1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder

Method:
      Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave for 30 seconds.
      Mix in the sweetener thoroughly, then add the protein powder.
      Stir until it forms a solid lump.
      Roll up in ball and knead a bit, then separate into even portions.
      (I use small cupcake papers or roll them out in little logs)
      Refrigerate until firm.

Peanut Coconut Protein "Candy" Bars

Makes 5 serves
      Preparation time - 1 hour 20 minutes

Ingredients:
      1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
      3 Tblspns Chunky Natural Peanut Butter
      1 tspn Vanilla Extract
      1/2 cup Splenda
      1 Tblspn Oil
      Water as needed to moisten
      ** Plus 1 Tblspn Unsweetened Dried coconut for coating
      (I bought mine at a health food store - used to see it in my local Safeway store, but haven't for quite some time)

Method:
      Combine protein powder, peanut butter, vanilla extrat, spenda and the oil together in a bowl. This mixture will create a crumb like texture.
      Get your hands in and knead the mixture.
      Add a little extra water as needed to keep the mixture together. You don't want it too wet as it will turn into a sticky goo, just make sure the mixture is not too dry.
      When all ingredients are incorporated, sprinkle the coconut on a cutting board in a thin layer.
      Using your hands, press down mixture into the coconut and shape the dough into a rectange enough to equal 5 bars.
      Once in a rectangle, turn the mixture over and coat the other side with coconut.
      Cut into 5 bars and refrigerate.

** Hope you ennjoy these recipes as much as I do - with apologies for any typing mistakes **

In a separate post I will add a couple of my recipes.