BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

Calling all BT Recipe experts! I found 2 lovely looking recipes on a Low Carb blog but I'm not sure about their suitability.

Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cake
      *This recipe makes to 3x5 mini loaves. Double it for a 9x5 inch loaf pan or a bundt pan and increase baking time.

1 tbsp butter
      2 tbsp cocoa powder
      1 1/4 cup almond flour
      2 tbsp erythritol
      1/2 tsp baking powder
      1/2 tsp baking soda
      1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
      1/8 tsp salt
      3 eggs
      1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
      1/2 tsp almond extract
      8-12 drops stevia extract

Preheat the oven to 325F and grease 2 mini-loaf pans. Line bottom and long sides of pans with parchment paper, and grease paper. In a medium, microwave-safe dish, melt butter. Stir in cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. In a larger bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until frothy. Beat in ricotta, almond extract and stevia until smooth. Add dry ingredients and beat until thoroughly combined.

Place half of batter into chocolate mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Alternating between light and dark mixtures, spoon dabs of batter into prepared pans until they are 2/3 full. Place pans on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is set and a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Serves 8. Total carbs per serving is 8g, but only 7g if you subtract erythritol.
      Blackberry Lemon Ricotta Parfaits
      15 oz whole milk ricotta
      3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
      2 tsp lemon zest
      2 tbsp powdered erythritol
      16 drops stevia extract
      1 cup fresh blackberries
      1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts (optional)

Combine ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest, erythritol and stevia in a food processor and process until very smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, about 2 minutes. Divide half of the berries among 6 dessert cups and top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with remaining berries and remaining ricotta. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and serve

Original source: alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2011…ricotta-parfaits-low.html

I think they look ok but maybe I'm missing something?

Akasha wrote:

PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BAR
      Recipe by: Chris Lynton
      Serving Size: 4
      Preparation Time: 20mins

Ingredients:
      2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
      2 tbsp Butter
      1 tsp Splenda
      1 scoop Vanilla Sundae TRIM shake or Vanilla Whey Isolate substitute

1. Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave for 30 seconds.

2. Mix in the sweetener thoroughly, then add the protein powder.

3. Stir until it forms a solid lump. Roll up in ball and knead a bit, then separate into even portions. (I use small cupcake papers or roll them out in little logs.)

4. Refrigerate until firm.

Thank you so much for these protein bar recipes! I tried making this one today, and added less butter but it still came out quite runny, any idea what I've done wrong?? I'm impatient and have just put them in the fridge so maybe they'll harden up? Tastes great so far!!
      Rach

Hi Rach, to be honest I havn`t made that recipe before, I just copied the recipe from the Bodytrim site. I have made things like the cookies which are great. One thing I have noticed though is some of the protein shakes don`t cook with very well. Like the Bt shake, that comes out quite runny and cooks really dry, I find the Atkins shake much better to cook with.

Hey Rachel if you want to give Akasha your email addy I would prefer you send it to her in a private message. Trust me you don't want your email displayed on a public forum :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi all,

I have been reading about these low carb cheesecakes and I tried to find the recipe through this link, but didn't actually find one with quantities :confused: I found out that you can either use low fat cream cheese or low fat ricotta, light jelly, boiling water...or there are others with protein powder or cocoa.

So, if anyone can help me with an easy cheesecake recipe...maybe the one with the light jelly, it would be much appreciated. And I need exact quantities too...not too much of a whizz in the kitchen so any help is appreciated :)

Thank you,

Ok really wanted a bunnings sausage so I made one using a cabbage leaf instead of a peice of bread - I heated leaf in microwave for 1min to soften & cooked lean sausages and onion with a small amount of German mustard spread on leaf (a little too high in carbs but not too bad). Although would be good with tomato sauce - I'm sure I saw on another thread there is a BT compliant one...'it really hit the spot!

Stina wrote:

Hi all,

I have been reading about these low carb cheesecakes and I tried to find the recipe through this link, but didn't actually find one with quantities :confused: I found out that you can either use low fat cream cheese or low fat ricotta, light jelly, boiling water...or there are others with protein powder or cocoa.

So, if anyone can help me with an easy cheesecake recipe...maybe the one with the light jelly, it would be much appreciated. And I need exact quantities too...not too much of a whizz in the kitchen so any help is appreciated :)

Thank you,

Hi - there is one on here which is 500g smooth ricotta, 1 pkt diet jelly and 1 cup of boiling water (although another said 1/2 cup). I have not made yet, but will on w/end so hopefully it works. Just mix together and chill for 2 hours

sydgirl09 wrote:

I remember when i initially made the Post and there werent many reciepes but now theres heaps! good work loving the ideas!! :)

Somehting small ive been doing to make my chicken taste nicer is i Cook Grilled chicken peices and sprinkle a bit of Taco Seasoning on top and boy they taste great! A bit of flavouring

The Masterfoods All Purpose Seasoning is amazing. I add this to everything, grilled chicken, frittata, any meats really.

Hey guys

I am not a Vegetarian by any means but these are really nice, my vegetarian friends all ask for the recipe when I make it. Has been tweaked to be BT compliant.

Vegetarian Herby Sausages

Ingredients
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1 cup tasty cheese - grated (alternative is to use less and use parmesan)
      2 teaspoons mixed herbs
      1 medium onion, peeled and grated
      150 grams breadcrumbs (use Almond Meal / Almond Flour as alternative)
      1 egg yolk (i used 2 as it was falling apart with only one)
      3/4 tsp dry mustard powder or 1 teaspoon mustard (i used mild english)
      black pepper and salt to season
      For coating and frying:
      25g breadcrumbs (use Almond Meal / Almond Flour as alternative)
      25g grated parmesan
      1 egg white, lightly beaten (I used 2 as I used 2 yolks)
      2 Tbsp oil (for frying)

How to make it
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1. Place breadcrumbs (Almond Meal/Flour) in a large mixing bowl with onion, cheese and herbs.
      2. Add mustard powder and seasonings.
      3. Add egg yolk, stir to bind.
      4. Divide into 12 portions and roll/squeeze into a sausage shape
      5. Mix breadcrumbs with parmesan and dip each sausage into egg white then the mix of breadcrumbs (almond meal/flour) /cheese
      6. Heat shallow layer of oil, fry for 5-6 minutes until crisp and golden, turn then once. (can possibly bake instead of frying for more BT compliance)
      7. Drain before service - if required

Serve with a grated apple and cabbage coleslaw using light Creme Fraiche and lemon juice for dressing. taste.com.au/recipes/2897/apple+coleslaw

Please let me know if there is anything in here not BT compliant and I will find the alternative and do some testing for you all :)

Savoury ham ricotta cakes

375g low fat ricotta smooth
      50g ham chopped
      Herbs- I used shollots and some Italian herbs
      1 egg
      1 tbs Parmesan cheese

Mix all together until smooth
      Divide into 6 in the trusty muffin tin
      Bake at 180 for around 20 minutes (til they set)
      Starting weight- 84kg
      Starting 2012 at 78kg

Goals
      Wedding in 6 weeks and counting April 14th:D

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wrKdusF/weight.png]

Here are some recipes I've found that should be BT compliant. I've tried the Black Bean Brownies, I couldnt find Black Beans so I used Cannelini beans instead and they turned out fine. I would recommend blitzing the beans first until smooth and then add everything in.

Black Bean Brownies1 x 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
      3 eggs
      1/2 cup xylitol
      1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
      3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
      Dash of salt
      1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend all ingredients in a foodprocessor until smooth (approx 30seconds)
      pour mixture into slice tray.

Bake for approx 20-25min in 160degree oven. You will know its done when the side of the brownie kind of seperates from the tray and isnt too soft in the centre.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge or Brownie or Biscuit!
      10 gr vanilla whey powder
      5 gr cocoa powder
      5 gr Splenda or other sweetener
      1 tsp chopped peanuts or almonds
      2 tsp peanut butter
      1 1/2 tsp milk, cream or creme fraiche

Mix the dry ingredients together and add the peanut butter. It will be very difficult to mix. Add the milk (cream or creme fraiche) bit by bit and mix till you get a thick pliable dough. You may not need all. If you feel that the dough has become too sticky, then add more whey powder to correct the consistency. Turn out dough onto a small square of wax paper, cover with another sheet and roll into shape with a rolling pin. Roll into a thick bar. Cut into two servings if desired.

To make a Brownie:
      Put the fudge, still on the wax paper, into the microwave and microwave for 25 seconds**. If you like your brownie drier, try 30 seconds next time.

To make a cookie:
      Roll the fudge pieces into a ball using the palms of your hand, place between wax paper and flatten into a cookie. Again, put the cookie, still on the wax paper, into the microwave and ‘bake’ for 25 seconds**.

Notes:
      **The amount of time could vary with different microwaves and how big you have made your cookie or brownie. As a guide, if it is not quite done, the middle of the cookie will look cooked while the outside edge will look like fudge. When you see that, add 5 seconds more.

BAKED LEMON MERINGUE (off the BT forum)
      1/2 cup lemon juice
      1/2 cup Xylitol
      100g ricotta (about 1/2 cup)
      3 eggs, lightly beaten

To make the lemon filling, place the sugar substitute and lemon juice in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Add the eggs and ricotta and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Pour the mixture into small ramikins (i used muffin trays) and bake in 180oC oven for 20 minutes.

One Minute Muffin
      ------------------

1 tsp butter (melted)
      1 egg (beaten)
      1 tbsp protein powder
      1/4 tsp baking powder
      1 tsp granulated sugar substitute or 1 tbsp SFMS

Mix melted butter, beaten egg, protein powder and baking powder.
      Add sweetner.
      Put all in a teacup and microwave on high for a minute (time can vary a little depending on microwave)
      Turn out and let cool

The muffin may look kind of wet at first but it dries quickly as it cools.
      Eat warm or wrap cooled muffin in plastic to eat later.

Can taste a little eggy, but with some SFMS and a little cream, they're delicious as an evening snack. I like to add 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon to mine for an extra flavour kick.

Quick n Easy Breakfast Cups
      ----------------------------

Ingredients:

1 egg
      50g chopped bacon
      1/8 cup chopped spring onions
      1/8 cup grated tasty cheese
      1/8 cup finely chopped mushroom/capsicum/etc
      Oil spray

Method:

Combine all ingredients and whisk together. Spray a small microwave safe ramekin with oil. Spoon mixture in to ramekin and microwave uncovered on high for 1 - 1 & 1/2 mins or until set. Stand for 5 mins before turning out on to a serving dish or eat straight from the cup.

Makes 1 female breakfast serving

Akasha wrote:

BT compliant 'gnocchi'

500g ricotta 2 eggs, beaten ¼ large onion, finely chopped
      2 Tbs oregano 2 tsp minced garlic 1 pkt frozen chopped spinach
      Salt and pepper Olive oil spray

Pre-heat oven to 200°C, line a baking tray with aluminium foil and spray evenly with olive oil spray.
      Combine all ingredients, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
      Scoop up teaspoons of mixture and mold it into a small gnocchi shape.
      Place gnocchi on tray.
      Bake for 20 minutes or until gnocchi are just coloured.
      Allow to cool, and then remove from the aluminium foil.
      Serve with your favourite pasta sauce. Could add additional vegies or protein just ensure protein serving size is OK.
      I was thinking of a nice rich tomato sauce with some prawns. Maybe even some chopped ham/bacon.

Have been trying to think of other flavourings besides spinach/garlic/oregano. I'm sure they could be adapted.

I tried this recipe tonite but it was a bit runny and they all turned out flat!!!!
      what can i do to make them not runny ?????

They were yummy and my man and i liked them with our bolognase sauce and veggies