BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

Welcome to Everyone and all the Btrimmers!

So ive been having some troubles lately trying to think of Ideas of What to cook for Lunch/dinners and thought it would be a great idea for everyone to Post their reciepes and swap and Share meal ideas and what meals they eat on Body trim!

!!Post away!! :D
      ****Focused.. Determined... Strong... Incontrol....Positive ****

Short Term Goal: 95kgs or under by End of May

MY CURRENT GOAL: 15 Kgs to lose by Sept 2013
    • Re: BODY TRIM RECIEPES!! POST HERE!

First Reciepe!!

Baby Quiche

INGREDIENTS:
      1 tsp olive oil
      4 spring onions, finely diced
      2 cloves garlic, crushed
      2 anchovies, finely chopped
      1 cup cannelini beans, low sodium and mashed
      1 corn cob, kernels removed
      1 cup mushrooms, diced
      ½ head broccoli, chopped finely
      180g tuna in spring water, drained
      2 organic eggs
      1 cup mixed, fresh herbs like basil, parsley and mint
      1 tsp cracked pepper

METHOD:

Sauté onions and garlic in the oil. Then add the anchovies and sauté until they dissolve. Next add the corn, mushrooms and broccoli and saute until soft. Now add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and mix together. Spoon the mixture into the small, non-stick muffin cases. Bake for 10 -15 minutes or until golden brown at 180 degrees celsius. Serve with a green salad of baby spinach.

Warm Salmon Salad

Capsicum
      Zuchini
      Red onion
      Garlic
      Balsamic Vingear
      Lemon Juice
      Olive Oil
      Parsley
      Salmon

Chop vegies and stir fry in olive oil. Place aside in bowl and mix in lemon juice, balsamic and parsely. Cover in foil and allow to infuse. Cook salmon in pan and serve with vegies.

One of my fav lunches at the mo is to mash two boiled eggs with a bit of mayo and curry powder, and then use them as a 'dip' for celery and cucumber sticks. I think the idea would also work with salmon/tuna instead of eggs too.
      Start Weight 109.1 @ 18/10/10 ~~~ Current Weight 105.6 @ 25/11/10
      To lose 9.2kg and to be under 100kg! --> 3.5kg gone, 5.7kg left!

Mushroom and Cottage cheese dip.

Fry off one onion, a large handful of mushrooms (diced), a large handful of basil and a tsp of corriander (or equiv fresh)
      Once cooked add to 200gm cottage cheese and blitz with a stick blender/blender

Eat with celery sticks :)

Mini Goals
      16 June (4.5 weeks) Ian McKellen on stage: Goal weight: 69kg (5.8kg in 4.5 weeks)
      21 July (+ 5 weeks) Friends baby shower: 64kg (5kg in 5 weeks)
      11 Aug (+3 weeks) Dads 60th: 61kg (3kg in 3 weeks)
      26 Sept (6.5 weeks) Brothers birthday: 56kg GOAL (5kg in 6.5 weeks)

Yumo both of those sounds good...

BREAKFAST:

A new idea for breaky i started last week is:

- 1 peice of wholemeal toast
      - 2 peices of bacon
      - Sliced Tomotoes
      - Lettuce

Put it all together and its actually really delicous!! and suprisingly quite filling!

Suitable for protein only day:

Curried sausages

4 SAusages - diced
      1.5 tsp tumeric
      1.5 tsp curry powder
      2 large tblsp cottage cheese
      tiny pinch of cinnamon, ginger, cumin, garam masala
      cup of water

brown off sausages, add all the rest of the ingredients and simmer down a little - mush the cottage cheese - it melts so its not lumpy. - Its really nice and way more interesting than plain sausage and bread

If you want to thicken it add psyllium husks. :)

(all measusrements are guesses I just shook the packets in :) lol) :rolleyes:

Mini Goals
      16 June (4.5 weeks) Ian McKellen on stage: Goal weight: 69kg (5.8kg in 4.5 weeks)
      21 July (+ 5 weeks) Friends baby shower: 64kg (5kg in 5 weeks)
      11 Aug (+3 weeks) Dads 60th: 61kg (3kg in 3 weeks)
      26 Sept (6.5 weeks) Brothers birthday: 56kg GOAL (5kg in 6.5 weeks)

Hi all, have been playing around with the pancake recipe so i can have as a protein snack.
      4 x 54g eggs
      4 x tbs vanilla protein powder
      3 x tbs cottage cheese
      1 x tbs cream
      1/2 tsp baking powder
      1/2 tsp splenda
      6 x tbs water

i mix mine together with an electric hand mixer I find it gets rid of the gritty texture you can sometimes get with the psyillium husks.
      Mix together until mixture thickens up and goes creamy let sit for about 5min

makes 7 pancakes at 50g each
      100cal, Pro 10g, F 5.7g, Carb 0.5g, Sug 0.4g

think i will try making them chocolate flavoured and see how they work out.

Axis wrote:

One of my fav lunches at the mo is to mash two boiled eggs with a bit of mayo and curry powder, and then use them as a 'dip' for celery and cucumber sticks. I think the idea would also work with salmon/tuna instead of eggs too.

for variety you can replace the mayo with aioli too, if you are a garlic junkie like i am ... the mayo curry version is also great with cold leftover chicken :)
      - Thought creates reality and then says I didn't do it! -

well made some chocolate protein pancakes
      i didn't like them very much hot but cold with a small amount of jam and cream and it tasted like black forest cake very very yummy
      recipe the same a posted above but use chocolate flavoured protein powder and i used 2 teaspoons of cooking cocoa.
      will definately make these again and again and again.

prawn and bean salad
      300g green prawn meat
      sliced green beans frozen okay
      50g small amount of diced bacon
      6 mushrooms sliced
      onion diced
      dressing
      2 tspoons seeded mustard
      2 tblspoon white balsamic vinegar
      1 clove garlic
      1/3 cup olive oil

fry up onion, bacon and mushrooms.
      cook prawns and add to above mixture
      add beans
      cook and mix together until combined and hot

combine the dressing in jar, shake well and add to prawn and bean mixture

when i make this for the family i also add chat potato's that have been boiled. I have just made a bit of guess at prawn and bacon amount i don'y normally measure, so may need to change to suit your taste.

stasi wrote:

Hi all, have been playing around with the pancake recipe so i can have as a protein snack.
      4 x 54g eggs
      4 x tbs vanilla protein powder
      3 x tbs cottage cheese
      1 x tbs cream
      1/2 tsp baking powder
      1/2 tsp splenda
      6 x tbs water

i mix mine together with an electric hand mixer I find it gets rid of the gritty texture you can sometimes get with the psyillium husks.
      Mix together until mixture thickens up and goes creamy let sit for about 5min

makes 7 pancakes at 50g each
      100cal, Pro 10g, F 5.7g, Carb 0.5g, Sug 0.4g

think i will try making them chocolate flavoured and see how they work out.

What quantity of Psyillium Husks are you using??
    • Re: BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

Brancakes

30g Unprocessed Wheat Bran
      2 Eggs
      Water - about 2tbl spoons

Mix all three ingredients. The amount of water added depends on egg size and how runny you want the mix. For a heavier pancake use less water, for something lighter us more water.

Pour the mixture into a heated and greased frying pan. This mix won't bubble on top like pancakes/pikelets do, but the pancake will freely move around the pan when it is cooked on the bottom. The pancake will probably fall apart if you try to flip it, so try this instead, get a dinner plate, tilt the pan until the pancake falls uncooked side up on your plate, now the tricky bit, flip your plate over the pan so that the uncooked side is now down.

This pancake is fairly tasteless so it needs good strong flavours. My favourite toppings are mashed banana and cream, or stewed fruit and cream. You can make two pancakes out of the mix, and have one as a protein snack, (it will need peanut butter, mighty might, cheese or salsa to give it taste), or use one for a meal, just ad extra protein to the top of it. Yesterday for lunch, I cooked the mix as two pancakes (one for me and one for my husband) and added mince, salsa and cheese to each.

I've been having brancake and fruit for breakfast, it makes a nice change from plain eggs or meat and eggs.
    • Re: BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

Chicken and Bacon Rissoles

500 grams of chicken mince
      1 egg
      1 clove of garlic
      dried basil
      dried chives
      200 grams diced bacon (I got mine already diced from the deli section at the supermarket)
      olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 180. Lay a baking tray with baking paper. Add all ingredients together in a bowl and add chives and basil to taste, add some salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients. Weigh and roll them into 50 gram balls. Place in baking tray and lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.