anyone doing the Power of Protein by Chris Smith (Aust)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: anyone doing the Power of Protein by Chris Smith (Aust)

hello, had a quick look at some of her recipes and sounds great. look like typical atkins type recipes which is what a lot of us on this forum follow, so go for it, u probably don't need to buy her books. most of the info is already available on here. especially great recipes:D

I did atkins years ago and no longer have the book so bought Chris Smith's book to read and follow. She has GREAT recipes - the crabcakes and the pork satays are amazing! I do not agree with all her cutting of dairy and prefer a more atkins approach to diary as I think if you are cutting out carbs its important to get fats and calcium from cheese and cream. From what I remember, she restricts it quite a lot.

no, in the three recipes i read she had a good amount of cream in all of them. don't remember seeing cheese other than cream cheese mentioned, but she did only have a small selection of recipes to look at without going out and buying the books. i thought it all looked quite good:)

its pretty strict for 14 days and then it allows more carbs from then on, asdding slowly until you find where you start gaining weight, then you go back a step and from what I read that's your carb level...??
      thanks for the replys I will keep you updated :O)
      and I will look around at the Atkins recipes thanks for the heads up on that XO

Hi, I bought the recipe book - great cheesecake recipe! Nice pics too - but the recipes on POH are fabulous - life savers!

- But I emailed the contact in the back for extra info on something and her daughter emailed back saying that Chris (author) has passed away (this was in mid 2010).....has anybody heard what was wrong? She seemed young! So sad.

We are doing PoP in our house with some good results. Son has lost 7kg, hubby 5 and myself 5. In just under 3 weeks. Hubby is struggling somewhat at the moment but I just seem to be finding my stride having lost about 15cm from my hips and bust combined.

Sad to read of Chris's passing. My books were dispatched from Maryborough in January.

First post from a newbie.

xxx

I have just stared this today, my Mum bought me the book a while back, knowing that I tend to do better with a low carb than low calorie diet.

I love not weighing food and the fact that I can still go out for dinner.

I'm really looking forward to seeing results!

I'm beginning this program again after some success on it last year. I don't have lots of weight to loose so its suits me because I don't feel a very low carbohydrate diet wouldbe healthy forme over alongperiod of time.

Last year I completed the initial2 weeks but didn't continue to add the 5g of carbs as I was going away and was using the eating plan to loose a coupleof quick kilos. I didn't weigh myself at the time but definately felt the weight loss in my clothes.

This time however I'm going to be more serious and actually measuremyself as well asrecord my weight. Currently I am 63kgs, the upper end of my BMI and aim to be around 55kgs which is the lowerend of my BMI.I am more apple shaped so I carry alot of my excess weight around my middle. What I noticed about this plan was that that was the weight that shifted.

It was tough initially and I didstray from the main two week foods but did stay under the 15g of Carbs. What I liked about this plan also was the fact that you were allowed alcohol and you could go out and eat as long as you knew what to avoid and what to choose.

Good luck to anyone following this plan!I start tomorrow and will let everyone know how I go....:)