Pumpkin and Feta Quiche

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Pumpkin and Feta Quiche

Hey this was really yummy, I just made it tonight. I used this recipe as a guide. What I did was skip the crust (you could make a low carb crust if you want) I used 800g pumpkin instead of 500g (you might want to use the original 500g), 200g feta minus a few bits that I nibbled on :p , a 300ml tub of cream instead of 1 cup etc This would be nice with a layer of spinach/silverbeet as well.

Pumpkin and Feta Quiche

500-800g peeled pumpkin cubed
      1 red onion, diced
      200g feta, crumbled
      300ml cream
      3 extra large eggs
      1 heaped tsp cumin powder
      1/8 tsp nutmeg
      freshly ground black pepper
      olive oil and butter
      Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 190C

Melt some butter and olive oil in roasting dish then toss pumpkin and roast for around 45 mins or until roasted. Panfry onion until golden then add cumin and fry for another minute.

Roughly mash pumpkin then mix in the onion and feta, spread over greased quiche dish. Mix cream, egg, nutmeg and pepper, pour over pumpkin sprinkle over parmesan and wack in oven for 10mins then reduce heat to 180C and leave in oven for another 20 min.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.